BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I want to say out of the 3 *wingers* we have been linked with, with Ryo not being a winger but seemingly linked to play wide, I would take the gamble on Ryo.

Matondo is absolutely rancid as a player, quick yes but has 0 and I mean 0 end product he's absolutely garbage.

Dembele has this reputation of a brilliant player but his stats show otherwise and hasn't been playing well for the last few years, maybe a change of scenery will do him good but highly doubt it.

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Loving the idea of signing this Ryo on a three year deal simply due to his half Japanese, half Brazilian heritage. In normal circumstances I’d say I’m glad you lot are not in charge, but I’m not convinced Waggott thinks in much more detail either. 

Does he even have Brazilian heritage? Wikipedia (font of all knowledge) says that he's Japanese/American

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Predictions for the week:

Monday - no signings

Tuesday - no signings

Wednesday - no signings

Thursday - no signings 

Friday:

10am - Ryo Germain deal complete, player on way for medical

11am - ‘Rovers trying last minute swoop for Drommel’

12pm - Ryo Germain deal off, no time to get the player over, ‘least they tried, they can’t affect flight times????’ is the cry from social media happy clappers

2pm - ‘noises are good, Rovers recruitment team are busy!’

4pm - Drommel spotted at Ewood maccies, deal done

5pm - Elliott Jackson, ‘nothing in it’ regarding Drommel

6pm - Rovers make bid for Stansfield, £2million, ‘see we do have money, other teams just want too much!!!’

8pm - Stansfield joins a championship rival on loan

10pm - John Ruddy signs on loan

10:30pm - Travis leaves to join Hull

11:05pm - Fleck signs one year deal

11:10pm - some unknown right back from a premier league side has been signed on loan

Saturday, 2:30pm - we’ve started a midfield 2 of Tronstad and Buckley, been pumped 4-0 and Pears has dropped another stinker

Just about spot on!!

10 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

I want to say out of the 3 *wingers* we have been linked with, with Ryo not being a winger but seemingly linked to play wide, I would take the gamble on Ryo.

Matondo is absolutely rancid as a player, quick yes but has 0 and I mean 0 end product he's absolutely garbage.

Dembele has this reputation of a brilliant player but his stats show otherwise and hasn't been playing well for the last few years, maybe a change of scenery will do him good but highly doubt it.

I dont get why we would sign a 29 year old striker with a brief period of goalscoring and as far as we know, no consistent history of being a winger nor any talk of having considerable pace, to fix the fact that we need a natural wide man with pace.

Not that either of the other 2 are ideal choices, especially borrowing them.

I'm gonna be absolutely raging when we end up with Siriki Dembele... on loan.

Honestly got the impression that we'd spend a good chunk of the Szmods money - how silly of me, this is Venky's Rovers.

There's absolutely no chance that we'll sign anyone for more than £400k.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRevAshton said:

I'm gonna be absolutely raging when we end up with Siriki Dembele... on loan.

Honestly got the impression that we'd spend a good chunk of the Szmods money - how silly of me, this is Venky's Rovers.

There's absolutely no chance that we'll sign anyone for more than £400k.

I wish we could say there’s still time yet…Clocks ticking.

6 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Why though, and from who?

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Not only that, their ability to track back and slide tackle with their 'unnatural' leg has  virtually gone.

You could, and England and Rovers did, play Keith Newton in either full back position, it didn’t matter which. He could jockey a winger and put a tackle in with either foot. None of this “ Oh, it’s on his wrong foot shit that you hear today.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Why though, and from who?

I do think the flurry of signings pre-sale made it seem like the club might actually be about to go through period of increased activity.

There was always the risk that they were pre-spending the Szmodics money, but it wasn't unreasonable to believe that at least some of that was going to be made available for further signings.

Maybe it still will be, but it is becoming increasingly unlikely with each passing day. 

1 hour ago, Tugayisgod said:

Matondo would be a loan if it happens with Rangers paying a large proportion of his wages.....

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1241236942?-11198:839

Venkys London Ltd otherwise known as V H Group, owners of Blackburn are the wealthiest owners in the Championship with a reported net worth of £1.56bn [Yorkshire Evening Post].

The Lancashire outfit are more than capable of covering the full salary of the loan move and are taking advantage of the desperate situation at the Gers.

Firstly, cry me a fucking river. Secondly, are you serious? We clearly don't have a pot to piss in and that's clear if you spend even 10 minutes researching the club.

59 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Its just going to be loans isnt it.

No to Matondo if it is a loan.

Yeah, clearly permanent transfers are now off the table and it's a series of loans to pad out the squad. Same as it ever was with these fucking owners.

• Like 1

The weird attention seeker called Nathan has said on twitter a keeper deal has been agreed and will be announced early next week.

So, in the last week of the window, we’re going to sign a keeper, which the club has said we need. 

Nathan is a prophet. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 3

Just now, Forever Blue said:

The weird attention seeker called Nathan has said on twitter a keeper deal had been agreed and will be announced early next week.

So, in the last week of the window, we’re going to sign a keeper, which the club has said we need. 

Nathan is a prophet. 

Some other poster with a name ending in Jones has said we are signing cooper, must be a relation.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Venkys London Ltd otherwise known as V H Group, owners of Blackburn are the wealthiest owners in the Championship with a reported net worth of £1.56bn [Yorkshire Evening Post].

The Lancashire outfit are more than capable of covering the full salary of the loan move and are taking advantage of the desperate situation at the Gers.

Firstly, cry me a fucking river. Secondly, are you serious? We clearly don't have a pot to piss in and that's clear if you spend even 10 minutes researching the club.

The amount of research is highlighted if you click the link he's referring to. The list of owners and their wealth is alphabetical, and already in 2nd there's someone with higher net wealth.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As a former full back I never got to play against inverted wingers, but it sounds a dream to play against someone that's never going to try and go on the outside of you. 

Full backs were coached to show them the outside in my day ER. Away from the danger zone.

• Like 3

Stop them cutting inside and show them the line was how full backs were told to play traditional wingers, then trust their pace to stop them beating you and getting a cross in. It still applies today. I don't know why modern full backs still don't do it. 

As former flying winger myself,  I could cross a good ball and always tried to get to the byline. Defenders always said they were the crosses that were most difficult to defend against.  

• Like 1