BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

19 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Btw as a Scottish supporter well aware of the Scottish leagues, Matondo is garbage. Hated by the rangers fans. Pace but no football brain is the general opinion 

Now tbf... I used to argue with brain dead fans who used to slag off Josh King every week saying exactly the same thing. As soon as he scored a hatty against Stoke they were wanting him to extend his contract. 

With players like that it's about coaching them to use what they have in the right way, what areas to use pace and what areas to keep it simple. 

For example there's a lad at Peterborough on the other wing from Poku who's absolutely lightening. Seen some footage of him burning some Shrewsbury players at the weekend and the comments from their fans were "if only he had an end product"... So I looked at his stats, lad scored 10 in 40 which is a a bloody good return for a 21 year old winger, not accounting for any assists either. 

I'll try and find the footage and post it here. 

Point being, he might just require the right coaching, at 23 still got a bit of time to develop. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Torgeir said:

And sometimes a player is more effective in that position. Did you watch Savinho tear Cucurella a new one last weekend?

That's more a question of the ability of the winger.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Stop them cutting inside and show them the line was how full backs were told to play traditional wingers, then trust their pace to stop them beating you and getting a cross in. It still applies today. I don't know why modern full backs still don't do it. 

As former flying winger myself,  I could cross a good ball and always tried to get to the byline. Defenders always said they were the crosses that were most difficult to defend against.  

It’s obvious really.

3 hours ago, MB Rover said:

Predictions for the week:

Monday - no signings

Tuesday - no signings

Wednesday - no signings

Thursday - no signings 

Friday:

10am - Ryo Germain deal complete, player on way for medical

11am - ‘Rovers trying last minute swoop for Drommel’

12pm - Ryo Germain deal off, no time to get the player over, ‘least they tried, they can’t affect flight times????’ is the cry from social media happy clappers

2pm - ‘noises are good, Rovers recruitment team are busy!’

4pm - Drommel spotted at Ewood maccies, deal done

5pm - Elliott Jackson, ‘nothing in it’ regarding Drommel

6pm - Rovers make bid for Stansfield, £2million, ‘see we do have money, other teams just want too much!!!’

8pm - Stansfield joins a championship rival on loan

10pm - John Ruddy signs on loan

10:30pm - Travis leaves to join Hull

11:05pm - Fleck signs one year deal

11:10pm - some unknown right back from a premier league side has been signed on loan

Saturday, 2:30pm - we’ve started a midfield 2 of Tronstad and Buckley, been pumped 4-0 and Pears has dropped another stinker

That looks fucking depressing.

2 hours ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I wish we could say there’s still time yet…Clocks ticking.

Don't expect anything.There's no money to run the club in the foreseeable future. We'll get by by selling everyone anyone wants till we have nothing left to sell.

At that point Venkys will surely wriggle back down their hole and we'll be left with what?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

I take your general point, but Ipswich didn't somehow go up through the playoffs. They went up on merit in one of the automatic promotion places. I think they might surprise a few teams this season.

Sorry, correction. Somehow went up in 2nd. Can't say I watched them a lot, but they weren't that impressive against us. And we were far from impressive.

Credit to them for their consistency, pluck, etc, and I'm sure they earned a high placing. But if I recall (maybe I misremember), they were remarkably fortunate with injuries for a large stretch of the season.

I think they'll be coming straight back down.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, 47er said:

Very hard for the rest of us to get out of this League.

We could have taken Luton's place in 2022/23 and got past Coventry to get promotion.

Or the year before we might have got past Huddersfield / Forest.

On both occasions sat comfortably in the top 6 and even with a sniff of the top 2 until our owners and board sat back in January, did nothing and cost us.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You could, and England and Rovers did, play Keith Newton in either full back position, it didn’t matter which. He could jockey a winger and put a tackle in with either foot. None of this “ Oh, it’s on his wrong foot shit that you hear today.

Best full back I've ever seen in a blue and white shirt.

However, do remember Tommy Hutchinson destroying him at Bloomfield Road one night match - happens to even the best!

4 minutes ago, CL1335 said:

A loss yes, and I don't know how Eustace will take it.

It's not difficult to see him quitting soon 

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I mean if that is true, then he is gone 100%. Being shown around the training facilities. 

Come out ITKers

If it turns out to be true, what an own goal by Rovers releasing that video this week stating how happy he was to be back. Not to mention undermining your manager, who said in a press conference yesterday that he doesn't want any more first team players to leave. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, CL1335 said:

Yesterdays interview is aging like Milk 😂

Edited by Polky

8 hours ago, alex l said:

Apologies if I'm misunderstanding your point but what does his heritage have to do with whether or not we sign him? The last Brazilian we had almost became an ironic cult player from being so bad - Bruno Ribeiro. 

What I'm saying, is that for years, the talent pool has been overflowing with great Brazilian players, which we never really tapped into. The same with the Japanese market. The culture in those countries, and their work rate on the field, is well known. There is a big shift, where European scouts, are tapping into the Asian market to find some gems. Our recruitment policy over the years, have been stuck with the UK, and some dodgy Portuguese lads. 

I know we are not loaded with cash, nor might we find a work permits, but I still can't believe, how we only end up with Scottish, Welsh, Irish players etc.