BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

33 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Sorry, correction. Somehow went up in 2nd. Can't say I watched them a lot, but they weren't that impressive against us. And we were far from impressive.

Credit to them for their consistency, pluck, etc, and I'm sure they earned a high placing. But if I recall (maybe I misremember), they were remarkably fortunate with injuries for a large stretch of the season.

I think they'll be coming straight back down.

If we had an actual GK in net we would have taken 4 points off them last season. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, CL1335 said:

Can't be true.....Gav doesn't think any of our squad would get into their team LOL.

If true what a shocker given the already threadbare nature of the squad and Eustace's stated desire to keep the player.

Travis himself wouldn't come out with any credit either after claiming it was JDT's fault he ended up on loan on Ipswich and banging on about how much he loved the Club less than 48 hours ago.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

I mean if that is true, then he is gone 100%. Being shown around the training facilities. 

Come out ITKers

I struggle to see it being true, right after being given the captaincy and giving an interview in which he was gushing about being back and how much he loves the club.

Of course, you can rule nothing out at this mad club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can't be true.....Gav doesn't think any of our squad would get into their team LOL.

If true what a shocker given the already threadbare nature of the squad and Eustace's stated desire to keep the player.

Travis himself wouldn't come out with any credit either after claiming it was JDT's fault he ended up on loan on Ipswich and banging on about how much he loved the Club less than 48 hours ago.

Its evident he's being forced out.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If it turns out to be true, what an own goal by Rovers releasing that video this week stating how happy he was to be back. Not to mention undermining your manager, who said in a press conference yesterday that he doesn't want any more first team players to leave. 

Has Trav checked who the manager is up there? They might want him in training most days and to actually develop as a Footballer, which clearly is a big no-no to him. That's surely all the due diligence he needs based on the nonsense he came out with in that interview.

• Downvote 1

Surely the Scottish Sun will be on par with The Sun, in terms of it being a red top rag?

Unless it's reported somewhere reputable, I'm not giving that link any credence.

Either way, we have to sign a GK before the Dingles game. Pears in goal for that one isn't worth thinking about...

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If it turns out to be true, what an own goal by Rovers releasing that video this week stating how happy he was to be back. Not to mention undermining your manager, who said in a press conference yesterday that he doesn't want any more first team players to leave. 

Another way of looking at it is that they've pulled a masterstroke. I've long believed that there are people at ownership or board level plotting to get rid of certain people irrespective of the damage it might do to manager/team.

Maybe the people on the coaching staff have got wind of this plot and decided to put player before the cameras, that interview thereby putting an end to suggestions that the manager doesn't want him or that the player doesn't want to be here.

It is a tried and tested ploy of the higher ups at Rovers to attempt to turn the blame on player, agent, manager and away from Venkys. That interview makes it as clear as day that any move from here will be nothing to do with the manager or player pushing for it and therefore anyone with any sense will be able to see other forces at work undermining squad and management.

Nothing new there but still some prefer to blame players/agents/managers. The shadowy figures would love nothing more than the fans to believe his girlfriend has long dreamed of a move to Glasgow or he's had a bust up with the manager. Anything but Venky cutbacks!

Edited by JHRover

18 minutes ago, London blue said:

If they shove Trav out the door the day after posting his video about loving the club they've outdone themselves.

Fucking morons.

If this ends up being true, I’m done with this joke of a club. 

53 minutes ago, CL1335 said:

Are there an ITKs in the world of media? Why would this be deleted? On the back of a threat of legal challenge etc?

31 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Its evident he's being forced out.

Can't force him out. If he doesn't want to go, he stays.

Not like Eustace will have called him in and said he's not part of his plans either, he's obviously integral to them.

Hopefully all bollux anyway if the story has been taken down.

Where does it end? We're gradually whittling away ALL of our saleable assets and plugging the holes with the likes of Batth and Fadz, holes that'll need replugging in 12 months. 

Amazed we've kept Dolan tbh with his contract up in 12 months, not that I massively rate him. 

9 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Are there an ITKs in the world of media? Why would this be deleted? On the back of a threat of legal challenge etc?

Quite clearly got baited into this rumour by some wanker on twitter. Doesn't need to be a legal challenge to delete an article after being strung along haha

1 minute ago, Ricceh said:

Quite clearly got baited into this rumour by some wanker on twitter. Doesn't need to be a legal challenge to delete an article after being strung along haha

Just wondering if Rovers had been on to them. Or Travis. Reputational damage is a thing. 

Articles will be taken down by outlets if there are factual inaccuracies pointed out by multiple sources involved. Suspect both Rovers and Rangers told them not true (and Trav’s representatives). Panic over!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Best full back I've ever seen in a blue and white shirt.

However, do remember Tommy Hutchinson destroying him at Bloomfield Road one night match - happens to even the best!

Hutch was a good ‘un, he gave many a good player a hard time. However I remember Eamon Rogers playing as an emergency right back and keeping him relatively quiet in another night match at Ewood. That was Eamon, he could have been anything he wanted to be. If ever a player lost his way.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, phili said:

He is the highest paid player at the club, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is sold and leaves in the next week. It is probably required before a new keeper can be signed ed.

Why when we’ve just sold our best player for 10million!?

• Like 1