BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

58 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Why when we’ve just sold our best player for 10million!?

After selling our previous best player for £18m 6 months prior - and receiving over £2m for Gallagher / Telalovic / Wahlsted and another £5m for Raya this summer.

Boggles the mind doesn't it?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Hutch was a good ‘un, he gave many a good player a hard time. However I remember Eamon Rogers playing as an emergency right back and keeping him relatively quiet in another night match at Ewood. That was Eamon, he could have been anything he wanted to be. If ever a player lost his way.

"They call him Eamon Rogers, they call him the king of the land, his hair hangs over his shoulders tied up with a blue and white band"  Who remembers that one the Blackburn End sang frequently - know the tune in my head but couldn't name it!

• Like 6

Just watched Eustace's pre-match presser and a big chunk of it is focused on Trav, how much he's admired him, felt he was missed last season and that they were in contact while Trav was out on loan. 

Seems unlikely that Trav'll leave now, even with the speculation. The club have made a considered PR effort this week to celebrate his return as captain. 

• Like 1

It's clear there is some blockage on bringing in new players. Unsurprisingly it looks like we are waiting for the loan market to land us a coupe of squad fillers.

When you look at our summer business it appears on the surface totally bizarre on timings and frequency. Nothing all summer, then about 5 in the space of a few days, then nothing again in several weeks since then.

Then when you start to think about it from the 'hand to mouth' existence the Indians have reduced us to, whereby we can only commit to new contracts and wages once we have brought in money and offloaded wages, it makes perfect sense.

The capital brought in from Gallagher and his wages off the books, together with cash for Gent, enough to get those deals over the line but no more.

Since then we've sold Szmodics but not spent. I suspect the main reason for that is we are still waiting to discover what, if any, portion of that  money the rats will allow to be spent on replacement players, a process that should have been completed prior to any sale or certainly within hours of it, but here likely takes weeks to resolve.

The other issue of course being that Szmodics' wage likely not to be that substantial in the scheme of things, certainly compared to Gallagher which probably covered Ohashi, Gueye, Batth and Weimann in one swoop.

This is why IMO someone upstairs is maneuvering for more sales including Travis because if he's top earner on £15k a week or whatever they'll be thinking of getting 3 in for that and a few million more on the running costs. No brainer if you've no interest in winning football matches, progressing or anything other than saving the owners money.

Personally think it will be a couple of loans and if we are lucky one more cheap cash buy.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

"They call him Eamon Rogers, they call him the king of the land, his hair hangs over his shoulders tied up with a blue and white band"  Who remembers that one the Blackburn End sang frequently - know the tune in my head but couldn't name it!

Black Velvet Band is the Irish song..

• Like 2

Tyrone

Ian Hutchinson

Ah, such a bygone era. Got himself two broken legs, a broken arm, a broken toe, persistent knee trouble and retired at 27.

Good old day, bad old days –sure we have done that debate before now.

Can’t believe it’s possible to hate someone you’ve never met as much as I do Waggott and Venky’s. Couldn’t organise a shag in a monkey whore house with a fistful of bananas. I’m fully convinced waggott writes these pointless statements with a grin on his face knowing he’s pissing people off. He can’t be that out of touch to think that it’s a good idea.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, KentExile said:

All is sunshine and roses

Yeah.

They've "secured required permissiona" with conditions attached they don't want to meet.

Pull the other one Steve.

Or....we're being unduly cynical and harsh and we can expect to see the Szmodics money and then some spent next week.

I can't wait.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Can’t believe it’s possible to hate someone you’ve never met as much as I do Waggott and Venky’s. Couldn’t organise a shag in a monkey whore house with a fistful of bananas. I’m fully convinced waggott writes these pointless statements with a grin on his face knowing he’s pissing people off. He can’t be that out of touch to think that it’s a good idea.

Close 3rd is that Twitter page California Rover…He’s already posted supporting the statement…”Get behind the lads”

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Struggling with his wages.

Screenshot_20240823_180950_X.jpg

PL clubs are in for him?

Neeeeeeeeeext.

We were in the bottom third of the league on salaries last season, I shudder to think where we are this. Cost cutting after cost cutting. We want Rangers to pay a portion of Rabbi Matondo's wages too - they want to get him completely off the books for £1m (or somewhere around that mark) and we're cheekily asking for a cut-price loan instead.

We're such a joke of a club. Absolute paupers. 

Edited by Exiled_Rover
  • Like 6