BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

He’s a club plant 

Is it not Gary Smith who was temporarily on the Board of WATR before resigning?

He's not a Club plant, based in California as the username suggests, but he is quite sympathetic to Venky's.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is it not Gary Smith who was temporarily on the Board of WATR before resigning?

He's not a Club plant, based in California as the username suggests, but he is quite sympathetic to Venky's.

If he’s not a plant, his opinions he tweets aren’t his actual opinions. So whatever that makes him.

56 minutes ago, Mercer said:

"They call him Eamon Rogers, they call him the king of the land, his hair hangs over his shoulders tied up with a blue and white band"  Who remembers that one the Blackburn End sang frequently - know the tune in my head but couldn't name it!

The Black Velvet Band.

1 minute ago, MB Rover said:

If he’s not a plant, his opinions he tweets aren’t his actual opinions. So whatever that makes him.

If he was tweeting pro Rovers stuff and views fairly supportive of the owners those would be his actual views as far as I'm aware.

8 minutes ago, alexanders said:

This forum is such an echo chamber. I can’t understand why it’s possible to get slagged off to be positive to your football club.

Depends on their reasons, it doesn’t take much for positivity to be blind stupidity. Some of those people would say ‘meh, it needed renovating anyway’ if Venky’s burned ewood to the ground.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, alexanders said:

This forum is such an echo chamber. I can’t understand why it’s possible to get slagged off to be positive to your football club.

The reply to the twitter post is overwhelmingly negative so it’s nothing to do with this forum.

It’s a fan base that, regardless of the platform they are vocal on, have heard lies, false promises and been shafted by these owners since day one. 

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 5

A lot of the Scottish media outlets seem fairly confident Matondo is on his way to us, Nicko not commenting on it. 
Suspect there will be an element of truth on him being close to a move to Rovers. They are clearly desperate to offload him.

He’s been highly rated at previous clubs and certainly has pace. I presume the stumbling block will be his salary. Hopefully he wants to come and play football and get his career back on track. 

1 hour ago, SpaceBarSlam said:

Just watched Eustace's pre-match presser and a big chunk of it is focused on Trav, how much he's admired him, felt he was missed last season and that they were in contact while Trav was out on loan. 

Seems unlikely that Trav'll leave now, even with the speculation. The club have made a considered PR effort this week to celebrate his return as captain. 

They'll treat him as a new signing so they can cross buying a midfielder off the list. 

Edited by Wing Wizard Windy Miller

Rushworth is the best loan keeper we could get and he probably the best British based keeper we could sign. Yes its a loan but if he helps us move up the league then its helps us, But we are still decide who we want and who is first choice, cos Ruddy, Drommel and Iversen are on the list for the new keeper position. 

its a busy week after Tomorrow game and we need players in, 4 signings is the minimal we need, ideally 5. Still think one and 2 will go like Sigurdsson and Vale will leave

53 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Close 3rd is that Twitter page California Rover…He’s already posted supporting the statement…”Get behind the lads”

I saw another post twitter:

”Some @rovers fans wouldn’t be happy if @venkysindia bought the entire Man City squad and won the premier league five years running”

this was apparently a Rovers fan. What’s going on in their heads?? 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not sure any other club in the league would have a long term, points losing problem position and think: “a 12 month loan will solve this”.

Especially a club with as per todays statement, has no issues with funding and has secured 40M in transfer fees in the last 12 months. 

Same thing when we sold Raya.  we loaned in Steele, then Walton.

Got form for it. 

13 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not sure any other club in the league would have a long term, points losing problem position and think: “a 12 month loan will solve this”.

Especially a club with as per todays statement, has no issues with funding and has secured 40M in transfer fees in the last 12 months. 

We’ve gone through a list I presume and deals for de Lange (chose Marseille) and Drommel presumably fell through. Rushworth is a very good option in the interim until we find a long term GK.