BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

42 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not sure any other club in the league would have a long term, points losing problem position and think: “a 12 month loan will solve this”.

Especially a club with as per todays statement, has no issues with funding and has secured 40M in transfer fees in the last 12 months. 

I’d rather they just signed the best player they can get their hands on within their measly budget. Especially in a position that’s conservatively worth 12/15 points per year, probably more.

Being disgruntled at a loan, when every club in the division regardless of budget loans players is a strange argument. 

If you were the manager would you choose one of the best keepers in the division for 12 months or a punt on a foreign option for a fee and a 3 year contract? I know in our current state in the goalkeeper department which I would choose without thinking twice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, aletheia said:

Tyrone

Ian Hutchinson

Ah, such a bygone era. Got himself two broken legs, a broken arm, a broken toe, persistent knee trouble and retired at 27.

Good old day, bad old days –sure we have done that debate before now.

Not the same player as Mercer and myself were discussing.

Stoke are doing some strange deals … They have about 12 midfielders already want Travis & got a Japanese midfield player Tatsuki Seko in a hotel for the past week .. he’s already passed a medical .. poor lad 

13 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Good keeper for sure… but I’d sooner have Iversen on a permanent.

Iverson has had dodgy spells on loan aswell.

His wages are too high for what he is £25k per week he is supposedly on, he has clearly been available to sign permanently for a couple of seasons yet no club has pulled the trigger. 

I wouldn't say I'd be unhappy if Iverson signed cus I do want a permanent keeper , but for me he is a bit like Dembele,  over hyped for what they actually are, and expensive 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Stoke are doing some strange deals … They have about 12 midfielders already want Travis & got a Japanese midfield player Tatsuki Seko in a hotel for the past week .. he’s already passed a medical .. poor lad 

They signed Ash Phillips on a season loan today too ex rovers all over the place there 

4 minutes ago, unleaded said:

You heard anything about incomings yet? 

Stoke looked to have had a strong window last year but nearly got relegated, I think the same will happen again this year…They always seem to have money but their recruitment is very odd and just never really works.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’m not sure any other club in the league would have a long term, points losing problem position and think: “a 12 month loan will solve this”.

Especially a club with as per todays statement, has no issues with funding and has secured 40M in transfer fees in the last 12 months. 

Surely, you sign the best keeper you can. Rushworth will be loan but he is good solid keeper. Ideally you would bring in permanent keeper and I understand your points we have brought in x amount over the last 12 months but half of that has gone to paid for last season debt. I would like Iversen on a permanent deal ideally but we aren't paying 25k a week, but on the other hand we can give him regular first team football compare to nothing now. 

44 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Same thing when we sold Raya.  we loaned in Steele, then Walton.

Got form for it. 

Steele was here before Raya. Raya took over from him when Mowbray dropped him during our relegation season. 

Walton replaced Raya cos Mowbray's first choices went elsewhere 

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

What do you mean, “measly budget”? We’ve just sold 40M of players and Rovers have confirmed in writing that we have no funding issues. I’m expecting us to spend close to 25M improving both the first 11 and the squad by the end of the window. 

matt o`riley spotted at brockhall this aft,rovers blowing the lot on the celtic midfielder🙂

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

What do you mean, “measly budget”? We’ve just sold 40M of players and Rovers have confirmed in writing that we have no funding issues. I’m expecting us to spend close to 25M improving both the first 11 and the squad by the end of the window. 

I mean, despite all the money we have received for our best players, it’s abundantly clear to everyone we will only reinvest an absolute pittance of it. 
Id rather get the best player we can, in a position we are nothing short of desperate for, rather than take a 50/50 gamble (if you work off the success and failure of Kaminski and Wahlstedt) and be in crisis mode come November when we are shipping 3 goals a game again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FE123 said:

I mean, despite all the money we have received for our best players, it’s abundantly clear to everyone we will only reinvest an absolute pittance of it. 
Id rather get the best player we can, in a position we are nothing short of desperate for, rather than take a 50/50 gamble (if you work off the success and failure of Kaminski and Wahlstedt) and be in crisis mode come November when we are shipping 3 goals a game again.

I’m not sure if you’ve seen, but today Steve Waggott has confirmed he has full and unequivocal assurance that the owners are financially supporting Rovers on the pitch as required. We’ve just sold 40M of talent, we have a squad which desperately needs investment and I for one am now expecting a minimum of 20M pounds spent in the next 10 days. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I’m not sure if you’ve seen, but today Steve Waggott has confirmed he has full and unequivocal assurance that the owners are financially supporting Rovers on the pitch as required. We’ve just sold 40M of talent, we have a squad which desperately needs investment and I for one am now expecting a minimum of 20M pounds spent in the next 10 days. 

I have seen that. We are both also aware that it’s total nonsense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FE123 said:

I'd be happier going down the tried and tested route,even if It means signing an "oldie".

With having only Pears, it's imperative we get this one right. Keeper is such an easy one to get wrong, you only have to watch the highlights show to realise that.

You'd sometimes think Pears is the only dodgy keeper in the league, have a look at Johansson's performance for Stoke against Watford. 

22 minutes ago, J*B said:

And we should have no financial fair play issues. We all know how it will end though.😤

Edited by DavidMailsTightPerm
Spelling
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Utterly bizarre to write off Johansson as dodgy based on highlights of one game.

I didn't "write him off", I said he had a shocker against Watford, which he did. 

As shaky as Pears sometimes is, I can't remember him costing 3 in one game. 

With Rushworth, it would depend on what else we did. If he loaned him and bought a couple of wingers, a midfielder and a defender, then fair enough but that wont happen.

This below links suggests that it likely will be a loan goalkeeper at this point in the window. I suspect it will be the same for every position conveniently:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/blackburn-rovers-swansea-city-target-brighton-carl-rushworth/

Its hard not to see Rushworth evading us and Ruddy ending up here.

The statement is probably not as much of a lie as it seems. They can fund transfers if they want. They just dont want to, and rarely ever have.

• Like 3