BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

23 minutes ago, M_B said:

You'd sometimes think Pears is the only dodgy keeper in the league, have a look at Johansson's performance for Stoke against Watford. 

Doesn’t matter how many dodgy keepers there are. Pears is our dodgy keeper and needs replacing. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Surely, you sign the best keeper you can. Rushworth will be loan but he is good solid keeper. Ideally you would bring in permanent keeper and I understand your points we have brought in x amount over the last 12 months but half of that has gone to paid for last season debt. I would like Iversen on a permanent deal ideally but we aren't paying 25k a week, but on the other hand we can give him regular first team football compare to nothing now. 

Steele was here before Raya. Raya took over from him when Mowbray dropped him during our relegation season. 

Walton replaced Raya cos Mowbray's first choices went elsewhere 

Cheers for clearing that up. In the fog of my mind I just recall Steele being poor then followed by Walton - who was also poor.  Didn't realise there was a gap. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, M_B said:

I didn't "write him off", I said he had a shocker against Watford, which he did. 

As shaky as Pears sometimes is, I can't remember him costing 3 in one game. 

But even so, seems strange to focus on one game. Over the course of a season, he earns more points than he costs. I havent seen 2 of the 3 goals so ill take your word that he was at fault for each goal but whilst Pears didnt make that many in a single game, he made 1 or 2 in so many that they totted up into double figures and that was the issue.

You have mentioned a preference towards an older goalkeeper. Would you still prefer that (baring in mind a potential physical decline) over someone like Rushworth who is still short term but was Swansea player of the season last year?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

But even so, seems strange to focus on one game. Over the course of a season, he earns more points than he costs. I havent seen 2 of the 3 goals so ill take your word that he was at fault for each goal but whilst Pears didnt make that many in a single game, he made 1 or 2 in so many that they totted up into double figures and that was the issue.

You have mentioned a preference towards an older goalkeeper. Would you still prefer that (baring in mind a potential physical decline) over someone like Rushworth who is still short term but was Swansea player of the season last year?

Rush worth would be great, it's the shot in the dark foreign option I'd be worried about. 

Not against taking a gamble, just not right now with only Pears on the books. 

29 minutes ago, M_B said:

I'd be happier going down the tried and tested route,even if It means signing an "oldie".

With having only Pears, it's imperative we get this one right. Keeper is such an easy one to get wrong, you only have to watch the highlights show to realise that.

You'd sometimes think Pears is the only dodgy keeper in the league, have a look at Johansson's performance for Stoke against Watford. 

You keep bringing up Johansson yet that horror show was clearly a one off in a few consistently good seasons.  Pears has consistent horror shows and the odd good game. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, M_B said:

I didn't "write him off", I said he had a shocker against Watford, which he did. 

As shaky as Pears sometimes is, I can't remember him costing 3 in one game. 

Hahahahaha come on….

took me all of 2 seconds to remember Wigan 3-2 in the cup - at fault for all 3 goals (2 of which were horrendous) and then multiple other errors in the match. 

Huddersfield away springs to mind too - but that was only 2 howlers (which is pretty much his par)

Edited by superniko
  • Like 2

• Backroom

Whilst I would prefer a permanent keeper signing, if bringing in a decent goalie on loan means I don't have to endure Pears in nets as our #1 then right now I'll take it. It's kicking the can down the road, but I imagine that's going to be the general MO until the Indian court case is resolved one way or another. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, FE123 said:

I have seen that. We are both also aware that it’s total nonsense.

Was sick in mouth reading some of the replies on social media to that statement. 
I sometimes think we deserve everything we get when you see these bootlickers. 
Almost £40m income over the last 6 months with Wharton, Szmodics and Raya and the other small ones. 

Edit: that was Facebook. Twitter seems surprisingly critical (as it should be)

Edited by superniko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

far superior to pears,not difficult to achieve that in all honesty

steele has improved beyond all recognition from the keeper he was here

Probably because they've an actual goalkeeper coach there instead of wannabe coach. High time Benson was fired off too

• Like 2

Just now, neophox said:

So the rumours are Dembele coming in on loan with Rushworth and Matondo in on loan. Drommel to sign and Germain too and another young loan fullback from a prem club?

I think youve just put every transfer rumour in the last couple of weeks and added them altogether, assuming we will sign 2 keepers and 3 attacking players.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

You keep bringing up Johansson yet that horror show was clearly a one off in a few consistently good seasons.  Pears has consistent horror shows and the odd good game. 

Have to keep an eye on him, be interesting how he does at a bigger club with higher expectations. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think youve just put every transfer rumour in the last couple of weeks and added them altogether, assuming we will sign 2 keepers and 3 attacking players.

Your damn right but just rumours...nothing concrete then.

Would put Gharafas fullback Sano as someone to watch

..prospect only 19 playing for Senegal nat team.

21 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

With Rushworth, it would depend on what else we did. If he loaned him and bought a couple of wingers, a midfielder and a defender, then fair enough but that wont happen.

This below links suggests that it likely will be a loan goalkeeper at this point in the window. I suspect it will be the same for every position conveniently:

Its hard not to see Rushworth evading us and Ruddy ending up 

So just 1 loan player?.

It's does it to be loan Keeper we are after. 

Ruddy is 3rd choice at Newcastle. So unless they buy Trafford don't that as a possibility. 

So it's seems Drommel, Iversen Rushworth, maybe others are the current list. 

Couple of wingers? Surely we only need 1 when we have Hedges, JRC, Weimann and Sigurdsson as wide players. 

Deffo need a centre midfielder and Left back. 

Expect 4 in before the deadline. New keeper, left back, centre midfielder and Winger.. Then hoping for Stansfield or Germain or another forward

15 minutes ago, superniko said:

Was sick in mouth reading some of the replies on social media to that statement. 
I sometimes think we deserve everything we get when you see these bootlickers. 
Almost £40m income over the last 6 months with Wharton, Szmodics and Raya and the other small ones. 

Edit: that was Facebook. Twitter seems surprisingly critical (as it should be)

Stockholm syndrome

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hedges is a winger. JRC isnt, Weimann isnt. Sigurdsson is just not very effective.

Speed on either side please.

Who am I kidding?

Weimann can play out wide though. Great at holding the ball up and drawing freekicks, but if he's a regular then that's a bad sign in my eyes. I would start him ahead of JRC tomorrow as he's looked a lot sharper and has experience and the intensity we need. 

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Expect 4 in before the deadline. New keeper, left back, centre midfielder and Winger.. Then hoping for Stansfield or Germain or another forward

Why are you still going on about Stansfield?

It's the most ridiculous link we have had in ages.

For me we need at least 5 players.

GK, left footed defender who can cover CB and LB, CM, Winger and Striker.

I will be pleasantly surprised if we get 3 in.

6 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Why are you still going on about Stansfield?

It's the most ridiculous link we have had in ages.

For me we need at least 5 players.

GK, left footed defender who can cover CB and LB, CM, Winger and Striker.

I will be pleasantly surprised if we get 3 in.

Cos he would be very good signing here. Thought that was obvious tbh. 

You said Gueye wouldn't happened but it did very quickly and we signed him.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

You said Gueye wouldn't happened but it did very quickly and we signed him.

I did to be fair.

I also said all the other links wouldn't sign, and they haven't.

So that must put me on a pretty good success rate.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Stansfield won't happen too.

• Like 1