BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

26 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Once again, we are leaving this to the very end, and once again, we might be disappointed. We have learned nothing from previous transfer windows. There is no reason why we need to wait until the end, even if there are some premier league loans to be had. 

This is completely wrong though. Do you think all other clubs that sign someone in the end didn’t have to, they are just doing it for fun? 

Gueye and Ohashi was targets we are able to move in on, the Dutch keeper was to expensive and moved to Marseille. We did move in on Weismann quite swiftly and decided to go back on Batth and Fadz. Many prem loans are always late in the window and to be sure we get the right body’s in (who we believe can fight for a starting spot immediately) there are a lot of puzzle pieces that need to come together. We are probably working behind the scenes with a lot of players, price points, positions etc. 

It’s like buying a car; you like at model, km, edition etc. If another brand or model becomes available you assess that. Read some tests, analyze potential downsides, it takes time to buy something when there is a lot of money involved and  situations can change.

Players who you didn’t expect to be good enough has shown very good performances in pre-season, you decide to give them more time to see if they can be trusted. Others haven’t performed and you might find yourself looking for a target you didn’t expect , Liam Cooper could be one of those. 

Edited by alexanders

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Apologies if I’ve missed it, why is there rumours of Zander Clark being looked at? In his last year of his contract and seems to be of left out of their most recent match.

He was injured and had a back spasm the night before the match. Nothing in it.

38 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Just buy a feckin goalie Rovers.

Fed up with all the excuses.

No to likes of Ruddy - well past his best

No to Rushworth - better than Pears, but who isn't, but not good enough for the number 1 we need

No to Iversen - too expensive and overrated.  At best his career has stood still.

We have a recruitment team and there must be 100's of professional goalies across Europe and if they cannot come up with anyone better than the aforementioned three the  they should be binned.

I’m glad you don’t run our recruitment team Mecer.

• Like 3

Tyrone, Leonard.

Apologies, you are correct of course. Skim reading (lots of transfer names, no reality 😉 )

Yes that Hutchinson (Ian) had the 'windmill' throw.

Tommy, Scottish, Blackpool, Coventry, City (and Burnley).

3 hours ago, Iceman said:

Once again, we are leaving this to the very end, and once again, we might be disappointed. We have learned nothing from previous transfer windows. There is no reason why we need to wait until the end, even if there are some premier league loans to be had. 

Yes, probably complicated loan deals, what could possibly go wrong!? My guess is a loan with a view to buy deal for Jay Stansfield which the EFL reject after the deadline because something has been missed off the application form. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

Why is it an issue from a footballing perspective? Surely the idea is to improve on Pears, who is a liability.

The issue lies in another stop gap solution. We have the transfers fees in to get a quality long term solution.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

The issue lies in another stop gap solution. We have the transfers fees in to get a quality long term solution.

If we loan five youngster without a buy-clause that slot right into our first eleven, then that doesn’t make sense. But one or two quality loans from the PL shouldn’t upset anyone. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Why is it an issue from a footballing perspective? Surely the idea is to improve on Pears, who is a liability.

Because especially considering the money brought in, most other clubs would use a chunk of it to buy several players who can improve the team not only in the short but also longer term. As Eustace keeps saying.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Because especially considering the money brought in, most other clubs would use a chunk of it to buy several players who can improve the team not only in the short but also longer term. As Eustace keeps saying.

If we are not 100% confident with abilities, price, wage demands, attitude it makes sense 

Edited by alexanders

2 hours ago, BRFC4EVA said:

There are some real pathetic Stockholm syndrome type Rovers fans on the facebook pages aren't there? Telling me to get real and go read a book. Quite embarrassing. I've been abusing a fair number of them after that pathetic 'club statement' bollocks.

I either get blocked with my comments or get moaned at for anything negative towards the Rao’s. 😂 

18 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

If we loan five youngster without a buy-clause that slot right into our first eleven, then that doesn’t make sense. But one or two quality loans from the PL shouldn’t upset anyone. 

Who said anyone was upset? Slightly strange wording.

The merits of loans have been discussed to death. Put simply, we have no quality keepers at the club. A loan fixes that for this season but it would be much better to buy a quality keeper who has resale value to us.

• Moderation Lead
16 hours ago, alexanders said:

This forum is such an echo chamber. I can’t understand why it’s possible to get slagged off to be positive to your football club.

Yet you still choose to log onto the same forum and complain about how little you like it, tbf.

If it’s that much of an echo chamber, then you could always log off, or ask for your account to be deleted?

Probably better than complaining about something without offering a solution for how to improve matters.

• Like 6
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We know all that. We also know that money is not being reinvested. So the likes of Rushworth, if he’s an improvement on Pears, are good short term signings. 

This is a club operating on a hand-to- mouth basis.

That’s just the reality. 

13 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I did to be fair.

I also said all the other links wouldn't sign, and they haven't.

So that must put me on a pretty good success rate.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that Stansfield won't happen too.

It’s not really a success rate if you say to every link ‘that’s not happening’. Another way of looking at it is that you’re  100% wrong on the ones we have signed. 

But, yeah, Stansfield isn’t happening at £6m. 

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

Who said anyone was upset? Slightly strange wording.

The merits of loans have been discussed to death. Put simply, we have no quality keepers at the club. A loan fixes that for this season but it would be much better to buy a quality keeper who has resale value to us.

Or goalkeeper coaches for that matter!

Edited by pomster
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Yet you still choose to log onto the same forum and complain about how little you like it, tbf.

If it’s that much of an echo chamber, then you could always log off, or ask for your account to be deleted?

Probably better than complaining about something without offering a solution for how to improve matters.

I think he's entitled to express his views. Don't renember you saying anything to the ones who moan about the 'happy clappers' coming on in here being too positive...

• Like 3