BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

Rushworth starts for Brighton against ManU. Odd if they're looking to loan him out?

He is on the bench, along with Ayari

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/live/cy080kpp0gxt#Line-ups

Their first choice keeper is currently injured, but due back in a week or so, which would leave Rushworth as third choice

Edited by KentExile

1 hour ago, Forever Blue said:

Why is it an issue from a footballing perspective? Surely the idea is to improve on Pears, who is a liability.

If it’s a choice of a loan or any keeper on our books it’s a loan all day but I think with a keeper you need a contracted settled keeper . It’s not like bringing in a back up LB or sprinkling some magic /finishing touches (like other clubs do🙄). A keeper needs to work with and no his defenders inside out as the defenders do keeper . You need trust and confidence in a keeper as a manager, player or fans. They really are one of the , if not the most important player on the pitch . 

we can’t keep plugging gaps, we need to build stability at the back

• Like 1

The ONLY thing that matters for me is that we sign better players than what we already have. Ideally, those players are on 3-5yr deals and permanent but honestly,  if it’s a choice between and average permanent signing vs a Elliot, Van Hecke, Tosin, Hill, Reed style loan…I’ll take the loan. I want us to win today…who knows what tomorrow will bring with this lot.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

The issue lies in another stop gap solution. We have the transfers fees in to get a quality long term solution.

so this is a general point rather than a reply as such….

do we really have the transfer fees?  Wondering with the previous injections of funds from  VHL via India being (I think) the purchase of shares in BRFC or it’s holding company, whether the transfer incomings have been used quietly to ‘buy back’ those shares and therefore funnel the cash back to the owners.  I know there are real accountants and more gifted finance folk than me that post on here, so is there a legal and visible (or is it by nature invisible) process that siphons out cash??

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

The ONLY thing that matters for me is that we sign better players than what we already have. Ideally, those players are on 3-5yr deals and permanent but honestly,  if it’s a choice between and average permanent signing vs a Elliot, Van Hecke, Tosin, Hill, Reed style loan…I’ll take the loan. I want us to win today…who knows what tomorrow will bring with this lot.

In my opinion there’s only four good reasons for loans:

1) The loan is the difference between finishing 6th and 7th

2) The loan is the difference between 21st and 22nd

3) You have a player out for the season and need a season long solution 

4) You have the option to buy the player at the end of the loan. 

I don’t think Rushworth, despite being a great keeper at this level, will do any of the above four. 

It doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Now the CEO has confirmed we have no funding issues and we have received 40M since Jan 2024 I expect us to sign Iversen on a 4 year deal. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
33 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

I think he's entitled to express his views. Don't renember you saying anything to the ones who moan about the 'happy clappers' coming on in here being too positive...

Actually I did. In fact numerous times I’ve said that I don’t like people being labelled as happy clappers, as much as I dislike them being labelled as negative.

Shame your memory doesn’t recall that tbh.

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Just buy a feckin goalie Rovers.

Fed up with all the excuses.

No to likes of Ruddy - well past his best

No to Rushworth - better than Pears, but who isn't, but not good enough for the number 1 we need

No to Iversen - too expensive and overrated.  At best his career has stood still.

We have a recruitment team and there must be 100's of professional goalies across Europe and if they cannot come up with anyone better than the aforementioned three the  they should be binned.

We cannot let perfection be the enemy of improvement.

5 hours ago, OsloRover said:

And what have they accomplished with that ambition?

That wasn't the topic of discussion. But having some is better than not having some, regardless of outcome.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Except we're dealing exclusively in loans after selling over £35m+ worth of assets. If this is our future (a club that has to sell heavily to survive) we need to use some of this recent income to buy new assets which can be developed and sold for a profit in the future.

A loan patches the hole for 12 months - you're then left with nothing. Following this strategy tomorrow brings financial oblivion with this lot, because that £35m+ will disappear.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, J*B said:

I don’t think Rushworth, despite being a great keeper at this level, will do any of the above four. 

It doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. Now the CEO has confirmed we have no funding issues and we have received 40M since Jan 2024 I expect us to sign Iversen on a 4 year deal. 

The only good option for a loan is if the player you loan is better than what you’ve already got. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Except we're dealing exclusively in loans after selling over £35m+ worth of assets. If this is our future (a club that has to sell heavily to survive) we need to use some of this recent income to buy new assets which can be developed and sold for a profit in the future.

A loan patches the hole for 12 months - you're then left with nothing. Following this strategy tomorrow brings financial oblivion with this lot, because that £35m+ will disappear.

This is the part The Rao’s don’t understand.

Another reason they are failing…🤔

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think your view on loans is too simplistic and dismissive. Its impossible at this stage of a season to discuss the difference between specific places in the league. The primary objective has to be to get as many points this season by getting the best set of players.

We do also have to think longer term so if we can get Rushworth, then that should be accompanied with a few buys in other positions. When you make big sales we should and other clubs do then invest in other players to continue that process of building and ensuring that you have a sound business plan. Thats where we likely fall down as we always do under these owners. But one or two loans shouldnt be dismissed because you dont think it will make a difference to very specific placings in the table, as signing increased quality might well boost us up a place or two. At this stage, we dont know exactly where those places lie and whether those placings will be critical in determining what position we will be in next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Yet you still choose to log onto the same forum and complain about how little you like it, tbf.

If it’s that much of an echo chamber, then you could always log off, or ask for your account to be deleted?

Probably better than complaining about something without offering a solution for how to improve matters.

I appreciate a lot of the discussions here, but it would be nice if we balanced our views a bit and took in some perspective. As I have been trying to say earlier; Leeds have earned the most out of all European teams selling players this summer and have barely got any in. They left it late last season as well, sometimes it’s just like that. 

Edited by alexanders

6 minutes ago, alexanders said:

I appreciate a lot of the discussions here, but it would be nice if we balanced our views a bit and took in some perspective. As I have been trying to say earlier; Leeds have earned the most out of all European teams selling players this summer and have barely got any in. They left it late last season as well, sometimes it’s just like that. 

Leeds had a massive financial hole to plug after their relegation to the Championship - as a result they've sold their soul to Red Bull. 

• Like 2

Let's see if John Yeboah turns up , was a name given to me last night , I try to avoid getting involved in transfer leaks not worth hassle , but source seemed adamant he has been identified by recruitment team though JE wants Dembele 

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, alexanders said:

The context is as Exiled pointed out, completely different. Leeds have massive financial issues due to keeping a lot of their premier league team. They have now how to sell them. 

"have barely got any in"  I would call spending 25 million on three quality players and loaning in Rothwell a bit more than barely any in , all four walk into out team, but yes more out than in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

You don’t know that, for sure.