BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

16 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Let's see if John Yeboah turns up , was a name given to me last night , I try to avoid getting involved in transfer leaks not worth hassle , but source seemed adamant he has been identified by recruitment team though JE wants Dembele 

Thanks Glen, appreciate it as always.

He’s got interest from Serie A so we may struggle, looks good though.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

• Backroom
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Let's see if John Yeboah turns up , was a name given to me last night , I try to avoid getting involved in transfer leaks not worth hassle , but source seemed adamant he has been identified by recruitment team though JE wants Dembele 

Another left of field target, but looks good tbf. Very left-footed but seems comfortable on either wing.

Seems similar to the fellow Burnley had two years ago. Zaroury?

Edited by Mike E

1 hour ago, alexanders said:

I appreciate a lot of the discussions here, but it would be nice if we balanced our views a bit and took in some perspective. As I have been trying to say earlier; Leeds have earned the most out of all European teams selling players this summer and have barely got any in. They left it late last season as well, sometimes it’s just like that. 

As I said when you last posted that... Who cares about Leeds? Their situation is irrelevant to us.

We know why we aren't signing players, because Venkys can't or won't put money in so the club has to use the player sales to keep us afloat.

Pretending that "sometimes it's just like that" is not balance. It's ignoring the blindingly obvious fact that the club is hamstrung by useless, absent owners who couldn't give two shits about its wellbeing. And people are well within their right to be annoyed by that.

Edited by XLM
  • Like 3

Karamoko Dembele seems to have settled in extremely quickly at QPR. Proper live wire, basically everything you want Dolan to be and excellent dead ball deliveries, from this viewing.

Opportunity (if there truly was one) missed.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yeti-dog said:

I think he's entitled to express his views. Don't renember you saying anything to the ones who moan about the 'happy clappers' coming on in here being too positive...

By his own admission he doesn't know much about some things that others are negative about. So maybe that annoyed some if he's preaching positivity when we're still waiting for a number 1 goalie after an entire year has passed.

He's entitled to his views though.

Edited by booth
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, booth said:

By his own admission he doesn't know much about some things that others are negative about. So maybe that annoyed some if he's preaching positivity when we're still waiting for a number 1 goalie after an entire year has passed.

He's entitled to his views though.

I dont know much about some things or I tend to look at it differently with sometimes a positive spin? I try to have some perspective and look at it from a birds view. Things are certainly better than it was. In many ways we are moving in the right direction. 

Just now, Rover1984 said:

And the one time you need Pears on his line he’s off it. Wonder strike I know but he does the complete opposite to what’s needed 

Agreed.

Good goal but definitely a Pears error.

JRC definitely not a winger he needs to either go into CM or RB.

Dolan is so infuriating, tries far too much and breaks down so many of our attacks with his little tippy happy sideways movements.

We need 2 wingers and someone just behind the striker, new keeper, new CM? New LB? And I'd look to replace Hyam personally.

6-7 signings away from a decent team.

1 hour ago, alexanders said:

I dont know much about some things or I tend to look at it differently with sometimes a positive spin? I try to have some perspective and look at it from a birds view. Things are certainly better than it was. In many ways we are moving in the right direction. 

Too many false dawns. People are rightly frustrated, especially when we're selling our best and not using some of the money to replace them four games in.

As well as a clear and obvious desperate need for a new goalkeeper, Poku is a must-sign if he is a genuine option. I'm at Exeter v Pererbrough today and he is a class apart. Quick, skillful, good dangerous crosses and a great corner on him. He would be ideal and better than anything I've seen from Dembele etc in the past.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Devon Rover said:

As well as a clear and obvious desperate need for a new goalkeeper, Poku is a must-sign if he is a genuine option. I'm at Exeter v Pererbrough today and he is a class apart. Quick, skillful, good dangerous crosses and a great corner on him. He would be ideal and better than anything I've seen from Dembele etc in the past.

Poku 'going nowhere' - Ferguson

Pretty sure that due to his age, Peterborough still get a transfer fee if he walks at the end of his contract next summer, so without silly money being spent, he likely is not leaving

Edited by KentExile

2 hours ago, alexanders said:

Not what my bird says! 

6 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

Who said anyone was upset? Slightly strange wording.

The merits of loans have been discussed to death. Put simply, we have no quality keepers at the club. A loan fixes that for this season but it would be much better to buy a quality keeper who has resale value to us.

A lot of people moaning about the prospect of a GK loan. Better?

Nothing is set in stone here, so we'll see what/who we end up with. If we can get the same quality on a permanent then of course that is preferable. 

14 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Siriki Dembele didn’t play today and is rumored to Adana in Turkey 

To be fair if the recruitment team can pull out more gems like Yuki and Gueye, Eustace will simply have to get back in his box.

• Like 7