BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

To be fair if the recruitment team can pull out more gems like Yuki and Gueye, Eustace will simply have to get back in his box.

Completely agree.  Surely based on those 2 signings, the recruitment team have earnt the right to have another stab or two at potential targets?

And also, given how much of an impact they have had, why would Eustace have an issue with them plucking targets out of Outer Mongolia or Timbuktu?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Pears is not good enough but that was not a goalkeeping error.

Thumbs down all you like but he was in a bad position. On penalty spot when chested down and 8 yards off his line when ball was struck. Peddled backwards and couldn’t recover. If he was on his line he saves it end of

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Still leaves us minus a Szmodic replacement. 

Need 2 wide players if we aren't signing another forward. Hedges/Dolan/JRC just aren't quick/consistent enough. 

JRC had a good game today. Caused them problems by dropping centrally inside into the space between their midfield and defence. He’s not playing as a winger. 

We need a proper winger with pace on the other side though. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 1

Do we think Ryo Germain is a non starter now?

Ideally I would like us to sign a new no.1, a left back to challenge Pickering, two wingers with pace (one for each wing) and Germain. 

Don't see why we need another CM.

Should clarify that's my wishlist and I don't believe it will happen unfortunately.

• Like 1

My main takeaway from today's game is that Rovers really need some help in the form of a few new players. Some of the lads looked tired and leggy in the first half.

Its a lot to hope for in the next week or so but a new number one GK, LB cover, CM cover, RW and a Centre Forward all feel needed. Bringing in a RW then frees JRC up to play elsewhere, possibly in that number 10 role.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Still leaves us minus a Szmodic replacement. 

Need 2 wide players if we aren't signing another forward. Hedges/Dolan/JRC just aren't quick/consistent enough. 

I think Eustace sees the writing on the wall and realises he's not going to get what we clearly need. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Pace pace and a proper winger…The amount of times Dolan had chance to beat his man today and just physically couldn’t because he was too slow and predictable.

Dembele or Matondo please asap 

i would`nt say he was slow and he certainly is`nt predictable,i don`t think dolan knows what dolan is going to do next,thats his problem,he usually chooses the wrong option

• Like 1

I've endlessly gone on and on about Dembele who was at Blackpool last season. He signed for QPR for 2.5 million and christ did we miss out... Have a look at the highlights of the game today against Plymouth, what a player... Good game aswell. 

https://x.com/HCfootball01/status/1827477275539075496

With Matondo seemingly playing his way into the Rangers side, our options are really starting to run out to bring a player in with pace and quality. 

Edited by Neal

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt say he was slow and he certainly is`nt predictable,i don`t think dolan knows what dolan is going to do next,thats his problem,he usually chooses the wrong option

He is surprisingly slow.  He has quick feet and able to turn but no acceleration even over 10 yards which is unusual for what you'd consider a 'nippy winger' build. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Neal said:

I've endlessly gone on and on about Dembele who was at Blackpool last season. He signed for QPR for 2.5 million and christ did we miss out... Have a look at the highlights of the game today against Plymouth, what a player... Good game aswell. 

With Matondo seemingly playing his way into the Rangers side, our options are really starting to run out to bring a player in with pace and quality. 

Our usual luck that.

Where can I watch the highlights? Geoblocked Skysports.com.

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

Our usual luck that.

Where can I watch the highlights? Geoblocked Skysports.com.

Type in EFL championship highlights on YouTube. Switch VPN to UK if those videos are blocked in other countries. 

49 minutes ago, Neal said:

He’s only there on loan at QPR I think 

11 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

He’s only there on loan at QPR I think 

Oh really, kind of relieved then but would have been a good loan. Looks EXACTLY the sort of player we're looking for. 

• Like 1