BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Looks like the Brighton lad it is then 

The contacts between Blackburn and PSV were difficult, the morning power knows. As a result, the English club has pulled the plug out of the negotiations with PSV. Blackburn initially wanted to hire Drommel for a year, while PSV was aiming for a definitive transition.

IMG_6119.png

Edited by unleaded
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, unleaded said:

The contacts between Blackburn and PSV were difficult, the morning power knows. As a result, the English club has pulled the plug out of the negotiations with PSV. Blackburn initially wanted to hire Drommel for a year, while PSV was aiming for a definitive transition.

IMG_6119.png

Suspect it will be nobody, maybe a cheap loan as back up for Hilton... 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, unleaded said:

IMG_6119.png

Out of him and Rushworth I'd much prefer Rushworth.

It's pathetic we're dealing in loans though. Absolutely criminal.

• Like 1

Looked at a few videos of that Yeboah and he played 3 times in the copa for Ecuador, only clips but looks able to beat a man and pacey 

Transfer market have his value at 2.5 million euro he transferred to his current club a year ago for 1.5 million euro

To be fair recruitment look have to done OK with ohashi and Gueye ,so if any truth to that what glen mullan heard then I'd rather take a chance on him than  Dembele ,who looks to have an iffy attitude and his career is on the down rather than up, granted he does have a bit of trickery and is direct.I wasn't sold on the Szmodic signing initially though so what do I know 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Looked at a few videos of that Yeboah and he played 3 times in the copa for Ecuador, only clips but looks able to beat a man and pacey 

Transfer market have his value at 2.5 million euro he transferred to his current club a year ago for 1.5 million euro

To be fair recruitment look have to done OK with ohashi and Gueye ,so if any truth to that what glen mullan heard then I'd rather take a chance on him than  Dembele ,who looks to have an iffy attitude and his career is on the down rather than up, granted he does have a bit of trickery and is direct.I wasn't sold on the Szmodic signing initially though so what do I know 

Seems like Yeboah is heading to Serie A 

A few days ago I mentioned a player for Peterborough who's rapid and plays on the other wing from Poku. His name is Ricky Jade Jones. I mentioned some of their fans were slagging him saying no end product even though he scored 10 goals last season, had a few assists and he's only 21. Anyway, he's probably the quickest footballer I've seen. last week he burned past Shrewsbury players like they weren't even there and today he did this... https://x.com/HCfootball01/status/1827483516122083737

I know Posh are hard work to deal with but If we're desperate for pace... Get a bid in, even if it gets rejected. Just try. 

Edited by Neal

1 hour ago, Neal said:

Also... Forget Matondo. 

Screenshot_2024-08-25-00-35-56-613_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yep, we're definitely not the 'someone comes in with enough money' to get a player that a fairly large club want to keep, kind of club.

We're the 'someone comes in with enough money' to sign a player you either don't want or desperately want the money for, kind of club. If you're/we're lucky. Likely after offering a derisory loan deal first.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rover1984 said:

And the one time you need Pears on his line he’s off it. Wonder strike I know but he does the complete opposite to what’s needed 

I'm not a fan of Pears and would be delighted if we sold him and bought two new keepers, but this time I think that's a little harsh. I really wouldn't expect my keeper to be stood on their line there. Just because in hindsight it would have helped doesn't mean that's the right spot to take in that situation most of the time. You don't want the goalie to have too much to do to cut the angle off if someone breaks through the line instead of shooting. Also most of the time, a shot from there won't rise and dip, it will be arrowed straight, and if you're right on your line you're giving yourself a lot more reaching to do to stop it going top corner. Pears isn't the biggest keeper either so it's natural he wouldn't adopt the position which requires the longest reach if it heads to the top corners with a shot with a direct path.

I think that goal is beating nearly every keeper in the league 9 games out of 10.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Rover1984 said:

Thumbs down all you like but he was in a bad position. On penalty spot when chested down and 8 yards off his line when ball was struck. Peddled backwards and couldn’t recover. If he was on his line he saves it end of

6 yards. He's stood right on the line of the 6 yard box when the shot is struck. As I explained in the other post, being stood on his line in that situation would be an unusual choice very few keepers would make there. Just because he probably would have got to it if he'd done that doesn't mean it's the rational place to stand. It's a bit like saying a keeper would have saved a penalty if he'd stood central instead of jumping right/left. Sure, but they're not psychic.

We still need a much better goalie than Pears, but he's not at fault here.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, ROVER_N_OUT1978 said:

Do we think Ryo Germain is a non starter now?

Ideally I would like us to sign a new no.1, a left back to challenge Pickering, two wingers with pace (one for each wing) and Germain. 

Don't see why we need another CM.

Should clarify that's my wishlist and I don't believe it will happen unfortunately.

My guess is it's not a non-starter yet, but that it depends on whether we want to use the foreign non-WP player slots (I forget the rule name) for someone else, especially if we get a foreign-based keeper. And/or the budgetary restraints meaning we might need to hold back until higher priority positions are filled.

Although I believe the Japanese window has closed now, leaving his club unable to replace him, so that's probably added a fair chunk to the price.

5 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

the mass exodus at the dingledome continues,o`shea the next one leaving for cleaner pastures,on his way to ipswich🙂

Haha yeh, imagine losing a bunch of quality players recently, and one of them to Ipswich...... oh, wait...

Running out of targets!!? 🤣🤣🤣

Kinel lads, the manager himself was quoted as saying we had “a list of 60” possible players. That’s a shortlist, imagine the size of the longlist. Like them or loathe them, these days we often don’t know until it’s happening.

Im happy to give them as much shit as anyone if they don’t deliver what the manager wants. Let’s see what this week brings, eh?

• Like 1