BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

You're probably right. Wasn't it Eustace who mentioned they had drawn up a list of 50 or 60 players?

Yes, he confirmed this week. It won’t be us leaking the stories, there’s no benefit to alerting people to our targets.

Likely agents or the players clubs trying to draw out more bidders. Which means the targets are likely accurate…let’s see!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

3.5m? No way Wigan can demand that sort of fee if the player expresses an interest in leaving. Not really what we need anyway....

They demanded and got more for the young center back who went to Hull 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, imy9 said:

I’ve just read up on George Hall, he would be a quality addition and has a lot of pace! A proper box to box midfielder.

exciting week ahead…

Frustrating is the word your looking for.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He likes to play as a number 10 and he isnt that quick from what I have seen.

But he is a talented player and our squad now lacks anyone who you look at and think he could be a potential long term asset with resale value.

But can you see it happening?

Doesn't have bags of pace but can definitely beat his man. Would be a big upgrade on Dolan in any case, and can play across the front. I would prefer to go for someone a bit younger than Dembele considering we're dealing with assets here. Dembele has more tricks up his sleeve and is more proven at this level, but Aasgaard has more room for growth and will easily fetch a good fee if we sell him on.

I don't see us spending £3.5m on a League One player, but a deal with add-ons - who knows? If we were going to reinvest a big portion of all the money we have received from player sales the past 12 months, I think we would've made more deals by now.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Their manager has been quoted as saying that they will loan him out.

I’d rather buy him as surely they can’t be asking a lot as he’s out of the team completely. There’s an interview where he speaks highly of Eustace for giving him his chance. Looks like the injuries are an issue but if fit could be a good prospect. 

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Yes, he confirmed this week. It won’t be us leaking the stories, there’s no benefit to alerting people to our targets.

Likely agents or the players clubs trying to draw out more bidders. Which means the targets are likely accurate…let’s see!

Don’t think the last part is true. Nixon has been too reliable all of a sudden. Makes more sense he has a connection at the club then suddenly being able to talk to an army of agents 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ricky said:

I’d rather buy him as surely they can’t be asking a lot as he’s out of the team completely. There’s an interview where he speaks highly of Eustace for giving him his chance. Looks like the injuries are an issue but if fit could be a good prospect. 

Loaning a youngster from a league 1 side would be embarassing.

9 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Looks like Hall missed pretty much the whole of last season with hamstring injuries. Not featured this season and didnt even make the carabao cup squad when they made 8 changes.

Looks quick and combative. Can cover more ground than Travis and Tronstad, and a good alternative - we don't really need a starter there but someone who can challenge those two. But with injuries to both hamstrings, they might be recurring and not a good sign. Has a fee been mentioned?

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

There isnt a player at Birmingham that Eustace doesnt rate.

Aasgard is a good talent but not sure he is what we need.

I've no idea why you'd have an aversion to Eustace showing an interest in ex players he knows and trusts. 

• Like 3

Its going to be interesting 6 days now. Lots of links but that's cos we are asking clubs their prices for players, or agents leak it. 

A new number 1 keeper is a must. Whether its a loan or perm deal, I not over bothered as long as it an quality keeper who is good shot stopper, command his box and good communicate. Out of the 3 keepers we are linked I would have gone for Drommel myself. I hope there is other names on that list. 

Aasgaard can play any of the 3 positions behind the main striker. He did scored the winner against Rovers in the FA cup tie in 2021 at Wigan. 

Hall would have to be permanent deal for me. Box to box midfielder and what we need. 

Dembele, wouldn't surprise me if he joins now. Nicko mentioned £1m plus add ons. I would make that deal now. 

Still need a left back. 

23 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Rushworth is good enough to be our number 1. The issue is that it is a loan.

Surely its about signing a quality number 1 who will win us points and keep clean sheets more of. 

21 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Because especially considering the money brought in, most other clubs would use a chunk of it to buy several players who can improve the team not only in the short but also longer term. As Eustace keeps saying.

lets see who we sign this week

10 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

@chaddyroversi see that nisbet has returned to Scotland after failing to set the division alight, you were a big advocate for us to sign him last year 

I didn't know he moved back to Aberdeen at all. It didn't work out at Millwall but I don't think it was the right team for him to joined. Harris never picked him so a move was on the cards for him I guess. 

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Are these players we just want rather than are close to im guessing. A passing interest that nothing will materialise from.

You know how football works by now, clubs will have varied list of targets and it about which player we ideally want but also who is available. Its going to get busy this week 

5 minutes ago, M_B said:

I've no idea why you'd have an aversion to Eustace showing an interest in ex players he knows and trusts. 

Because we have a full salaried recruitment team who seem to be able to hit on new targets such as Ohashi and Gueye who look good for what we paid.

Eustace is the head coach not the manager. If the recruitment team don’t like his ideas the end sorry JE but man up and move on to coaching the team 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Their manager has been quoted as saying that they will loan him out.

32 minutes ago, Ricky said:

Looks like Hall missed pretty much the whole of last season with hamstring injuries. Not featured this season and didnt even make the carabao cup squad when they made 8 changes.

Seems a cert for us then!

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Because we have a full salaried recruitment team who seem to be able to hit on new targets such as Ohashi and Gueye who look good for what we paid.

Eustace is the head coach not the manager. If the recruitment team don’t like his ideas the end sorry JE but man up and move on to coaching the team 

Did we pay anything for them? Shows what you can get for nowt when you do your homework. 

It's a two way street as far as I'm concerned, yes you have to trust the recruitment team, but if Eustace has previous knowledge of a player he feels can fill a hole, and is the right price, it would be mad to ignore it. 

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Wigan fans seem to think there maybe a release clause with Aasgard…So could be something in it.

Probably is a release clause if he was willing to commit to a 5 year deal with a league one club

• Like 2