BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 hours ago, Neal said:

A few days ago I mentioned a player for Peterborough who's rapid and plays on the other wing from Poku. His name is Ricky Jade Jones. I mentioned some of their fans were slagging him saying no end product even though he scored 10 goals last season, had a few assists and he's only 21. Anyway, he's probably the quickest footballer I've seen. last week he burned past Shrewsbury players like they weren't even there and today he did this... https://x.com/HCfootball01/status/1827483516122083737

I know Posh are hard work to deal with but If we're desperate for pace... Get a bid in, even if it gets rejected. Just try. 

He looked good yesterday as a late-ish impact sub, playing LW/CF, with loads of pace. But his finishing was poor. He is not in their first team and hasn't scored yet this season after 4 appearances. About 25 goals in 150 games. In honesty he looked very fast but not much else. Perhaps something that could be developed but, for me, not a priority for the immediate term. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Aasgard signed a 5 year deal last summer

They will want decent money for him

They'll get nothing like that for him, again though, not what we need regardless

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

They'll get nothing like that for him, again though, not what we need regardless

They didn't sell Hughes until their valuation was met.

He would be a better option than Dolan as a 10 imo,but I'd rather if a fee like that was spent to go on the best winger we can get

11 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

He looked good yesterday as a late-ish impact sub, playing LW/CF, with loads of pace. But his finishing was poor. He is not in their first team and hasn't scored yet this season after 4 appearances. About 25 goals in 150 games. In honesty he looked very fast but not much else. Perhaps something that could be developed but, for me, not a priority for the immediate term. 

Only 21 though...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, M_B said:

Did we pay anything for them? Shows what you can get for nowt when you do your homework. 

It's a two way street as far as I'm concerned, yes you have to trust the recruitment team, but if Eustace has previous knowledge of a player he feels can fill a hole, and is the right price, it would be mad to ignore it. 

Yes we paid around one million for Gueye and Ohashi was a free if I remember correctly

Just now, Neal said:

I don't get why so many are desperate for Dembele... 27 year old journeyman with a questionable attitude who never does it consistently. I'd be disappointed if we spent anything more than a million on him. 

I'd much prefer someone the manager could potentially mould into a top class player, which Dembele will never be. 

I think this is why I am positive to Dembele. Because HE has worked with him before. JE seems like a demanding type and will know if his attitude is right or not. 

He looked very good under JE last season. Stupid comparison I know, but I think it can be a bit Cantona. No one wanted him because of his antics. Ferguson took the chance and got the best out of him. 

Dembele certain has pace and takes on defense 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

He likes to play as a number 10 and he isnt that quick from what I have seen.

But he is a talented player and our squad now lacks anyone who you look at and think he could be a potential long term asset with resale value.

But can you see it happening?

Is he not just an identical version of sigurdsson . Few times I watched him that’s the impression I got. Good player but I can’t see what he would bring different to what we already have 

20 minutes ago, alexanders said:

I think this is why I am positive to Dembele. Because HE has worked with him before. JE seems like a demanding type and will know if his attitude is right or not. 

He looked very good under JE last season. Stupid comparison I know, but I think it can be a bit Cantona. No one wanted him because of his antics. Ferguson took the chance and got the best out of him. 

Dembele certain has pace and takes on defense 

Agree completely, most importantly Eustace should be alive to the reasons why we shouldn't sign him, rather than why we should. 

I've no idea why Eustace would go out on a limb to try to sign an ex player he wasn't sure about. 

Ryo Germain lines up for Júbilo Iwata today !! Recruitment team still getting blocked by Eustace for sealing the cheap deal … He won’t sanction it … Hopefully they go over his head like they did with others … Eustace still holding out for Ruddy ….Turks in for Dembele … Eustace has a greed for power …

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Ryo Germain lines up for Júbilo Iwata today !! Recruitment team still getting blocked by Eustace for sealing the cheap deal … He won’t sanction it … Hopefully they go over his head like they did with others … Eustace still holding out for Ruddy ….Turks in for Dembele … Eustace has a greed for power …

You seem particularly keen to sign Germain. What makes you want him so much?

I would be underwhelmed by Dembele and pissed off with Ruddy but someone who is predominantly a striker wouldnt be a sensible option out wide.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, unleaded said:

The Ruddy obsession means he's obviously after an experienced keeper, which I understand but theres surely better options, also makes Rushworth unlikely....

4 minutes ago, unleaded said:

My take is that JE could be correct here. Ryo is 29 and a forward which isn’t what we need. When it comes to Ruddy it really isn’t an inspiring signing, but similar to the gaffer maybe it’s just this solid foundation in the goal that is exactly what is need. No fashion and fuss, just down to earth attitude and stability. 

43 minutes ago, Neal said:

I don't get why so many are desperate for Dembele... 

He's better than nobody though, which will be the alternative.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, unleaded said:

If Germain is our attacking option then I’m bloody glad Eustace is holding off, he isn’t a winger and he isn’t fast…If we are looking at bringing him in along side a winger then fair enough. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, unleaded said:

I’d have a greed for power if the quality of the signings decided wether I stay in the job or get fired.

• Like 5