BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Ruddy had a save percentage of 71% last season when Brum got relegated. Pears has 50% so far this season and 69% last season. 
it’s just like changing a Mazda with a Toyota. Sideways move. Not inspiring at all. 

13 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Ryo Germain lines up for Júbilo Iwata today !! Recruitment team still getting blocked by Eustace for sealing the cheap deal … He won’t sanction it … Hopefully they go over his head like they did with others … Eustace still holding out for Ruddy ….Turks in for Dembele … Eustace has a greed for power …

He has final say on the transfers. How does that translate to a ‘greed for power’. 

You seem to have a peculiar aversion to Eustace. Any reason for that?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Ruddy had a save percentage of 71% last season when Brum got relegated. Pears has 50% so far this season and 69% last season. 
it’s just like changing a Mazda with a Toyota. Sideways move. Not inspiring at all. 

I'm no petrolhead, but Mazdas are far superior to Toyotas imo. There's much more pizzazz about Mazdas; Toyotas are boring. I loved my 323, and the MX5 & RX8 are generational classics.

So in that context, I'd rather stick with Pears.

Anyway, tranfers...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d have a greed for power if the quality of the signings decided whether I stay in the job or get fired.

Precisely. He coaches the team and is responsible for results. The recruitment team work for him, not the other way round. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, alexanders said:

My take is that JE could be correct here. Ryo is 29 and a forward which isn’t what we need. When it comes to Ruddy it really isn’t an inspiring signing, but similar to the gaffer maybe it’s just this solid foundation in the goal that is exactly what is need. No fashion and fuss, just down to earth attitude and stability. 

Taking aside the fact that most clubs would use such a influx of fees received to build the foundations of the side both for now and longer term.

The idea of a safe pair of hands makes sense, but comparing Ruddy and Rushworth. The former would fit the experienced goalkeeper bill, and the latter would be a young loanee.

But when you look into it, Ruddy wouldnt be that guaranteed safe choice because hes clearly on the decline and struggled at this level last season, and is only getting older. So he would not be a safe choice, he would be a big risk. Whereas Rushworth comes off the back of a very impressive season as one of the better keepers in the league, winning Swansea's player of the season. I still am not convinced that he is realistic, but contrary to this idea of an older goalkeeper being a safe stop gap, these 2 options blow that theory out of the water.

So it wouldnt be a choice of a solid foundation and stability if we went for Ruddy. He would be the one linked goalkeeper whereby I am not even sure if he would be number 1.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He has final say on the transfers. How does that translate to a ‘greed for power’. 

I don’t think he has an aversion. But if he is controlling football transfers, then the back room changes we’ve made are pointless and a waste of money. There’s no need for a director of football for example. He was signed as a head coach, not an old school manager who controls everything about the club. Whether or not you think he should’ve been signed as one of those is a different conversation, but he wasn’t. 

We’ve spent all this money on a recruitment team and if Eustace’s answer to every target is ‘no, get me my old Birmingham team’ it’s slightly concerning… no?

Edited by MB Rover
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

I don’t think he has an aversion. But if he is controlling football transfers, then the back room changes we’ve made are pointless and a waste of money. There’s no need for a director of football for example. He was signed as a head coach, not an old school manager who controls everything about the club. Whether or not you think he should’ve been signed as one of those is a different conversation, but he wasn’t. 

We’ve spent all this money on a recruitment team and if Eustace’s answer to every target is ‘no, get me my old Birmingham team’ it’s slightly concerning… no?

He has final say on transfers. If he thinks a player or two he has managed before is the best option out of the ones presented to him by the recruitment team then that’s perfectly fine. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

The 2 signings that have had the biggest impact are Ohashi and Gueye,  signings Eustace had little to do with.

I agree ,we have brought people in to lead recruitment and although I think Eustace should have a say I do find it concerning his list consists of Birmingham City players a club that got relegated last season.

20 minutes ago, Atko's Engine said:

I'm no petrolhead, but Mazdas are far superior to Toyotas imo. There's much more pizzazz about Mazdas; Toyotas are boring. I loved my 323, and the MX5 & RX8 are generational classics.

So in that context, I'd rather stick with Pears.

Anyway, tranfers...

Just in the interest of balance...

I'm a recent convert to Toyota. Well built, solid and reliable. Maybe not sexy, but I'm too old for that 'pizzazz' nonsense.

Mazda's on the other hand, I've always found a bit 'meh'.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Neal said:

Gone on about Louis Barry a few times on here. 3 in 3 at Stockport. All belters aswell. Would like us to take a look at him next summer. 

Wish his name really was Barry Belter!

Just now, Forever Blue said:

He has final say on transfers. If he thinks a player or two he has managed before is the best option out of the ones presented to him by the recruitment team then that’s perfectly fine. 

He knew little of ohashi and Gueye.We have brought in a new recruitment team...Eustace title Is head coach here

I wouldn't expect Eustace to have the knowledge of the other leagues rhat recruitment will have.

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

The 2 signings that have had the biggest impact are Ohashi and Gueye,  signings Eustace had little to do with.

I agree ,we have brought people in to lead recruitment and although I think Eustace should have a say I do find it concerning his list consists of Birmingham City players a club that got relegated last season.

We were within a whisker of relegation, yet we had/have some good championship players. It’s not really relevant.

• Like 1

I just can't get excited about Ruddy, a signing lacking in pizzazz.

I think, given how how well Yuki has settled in, Germain as a cheap punt ticks lots of boxes. He'd also be a buddy from home for Yuki.

Still need a CM and some pace up top though...

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He knew little of ohashi and Gueye.We have brought in a new recruitment team...Eustace title Is head coach here

I wouldn't expect Eustace to have the knowledge of the other leagues rhat recruitment will have.

Very simplistic. Let’s take Germaine. If he’s being offered as the fast LW that Eustace has said he wants then you can see why he’d want the recruitment team to find someone more suitable. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

As much as Eustace has surprised me in a good way it seems unarguable that his recruitment strategy is a bit myopic.

I like the left field approach from the recruitment team. It's good to see us thinking outside the box more.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I don’t have an aversion to Eustace .. i quite like him as a coach just don’t agree to a coach blocking a recruitment team targets when he signed up to a coach role especially when the team are putting in the hard work & setting the deals up

..Uncle Mowbray signed Nephew Pears for an example …Mowbray was famous for deals like that … Downing & lots of others

.Waggot or the club need to decide which route they want to go …. These endless meetings where targets are presented but not sanctioned because the coach wants his old pals in so we get a statement situation… 

Think once this window is over Waggot should clear the air with the lot of them … 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, unleaded said:

I don’t have an aversion to Eustace .. i quite like him as a coach just don’t agree to a coach blocking a recruitment team targets when he signed up to a coach role especially when the team are putting in the hard work & setting the deals up

..Uncle Mowbray signed Nephew Pears for an example …Mowbray was famous for deals like that … Downing & lots of others

.Waggot or the club need to decide which route they want to go …. These endless meetings where targets are presented but not sanctioned because the coach wants his old pals in so we get a statement situation… 

Think once this window is over Waggot should clear the air with the lot of them … 

Not sanctioned because of the coach? You sure about that

1 minute ago, unleaded said:

I disagree with the whole premise that Eustace is signing players cos he’s pals with them. He’ll be signing them because they will improve the squad. 

You appear to be trying to undermine him with these insinuations of old pals acts and comparisons with Mowbray/ Pears. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, unleaded said:

How it should work in my opinion is the coach tells the recruitment team what he want’s. IE an experienced striker who can play with his back to goal or a right back who can play centre half in a crisis etc. Then the recruitment team go and locate the likely players. When that’s done they all agree on the player.

• Like 1

The way this has worked over the past couple of years is the manager tells the recruitment team the positions he needs to strengthen and they go and find the players, then Venkys remove funds.

Maybe Eustace didn't get the memo when he arrived?

Also, nothing wrong with signing players you've worked with or scouted at previous clubs, its part of the game and happens at all levels.