BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

I disagree with the whole premise that Eustace is signing players cos he’s pals with them. He’ll be signing them because they will improve the squad. 

You appear to be trying to undermine him with these insinuations of old pals acts and comparisons with Mowbray/ Pears. 

Even the dogs in the street knew there was something wrong with the mentality at Blackburn Rovers. Several things shouted that out for me. The almost total inability to come from behind in games, and the fact we were ten times more likely to concede in the last ten minutes than we were to score. Add in the inability to see some games out from a clear winning position. We had to be 3-0 up with ten minutes to go before you could just about relax. We always seem to blow the big games, some times when we were well placed.

Eustace will be well aware of this and will be wanting to change that loser culture. The players he might want could possibly not be the most skilful but maybe they have the winning mentality that had been lacking previously.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Even the dogs in the street knew there was something wrong with the mentality at Blackburn Rovers. Several things shouted that out for me. The almost total inability to come from behind in games, and the fact we were ten times more likely to concede in the last ten minutes than we were to score. Add in the inability to see some games out from a clear winning position. We had to be 3-0 up with ten minutes to go before you could just about relax. We always seem to blow the big games, some times when we were well placed.

Eustace will be well aware of this and will be wanting to change that loser culture. The players he might want could possibly not be the most skilful but maybe they have the winning mentality that had been lacking previously.

He’s certainly changing the culture at the club.

It’s no longer game over when we go behind, as it was under JDT and Mowbray.  Yesterday, and the Norwich game, are clear evidence of that. 

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Most of the players on his list got relegated last season

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Very simplistic. Let’s take Germaine. If he’s being offered as the fast LW that Eustace has said he wants then you can see why he’d want the recruitment team to find someone more suitable. 

If he wants the recruitment team to find someone different fair enough,  but if he is insisting on Dembele and blocking other signings then I don't agree with that

I don't want Ruddy here and I'm not that keen on Dembele either, I'm not really arsed if Eustace rates them or not ,like someone else said Mowbray had a fascination with it or signing from ex clubs 

I do think Eustace is doing a good job of coaching and setting up the team but the game has moved on from when managers had all the say with recruitment 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Part and parcel of being a player at this level. It’s what you take from that experience that counts.

Yeah but you can hardly say they will have a winning mentality. 

Dembele for example is a bit of a journey man now who has spent spells on the bench at every club he has been at including Pboro 

22 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He’s certainly changing the culture at the club.

It’s no longer game over when we go behind, as it was under JDT and Mowbray.  Yesterday, and the Norwich game, are clear evidence of that. 

It really got to me previously. The minute we went behind the game was as good as over.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I don't want Ruddy here and I'm not that keen on Dembele either, I'm not really arsed if Eustace rates them or not ,like someone else said Mowbray had a fascination with it or signing from ex clubs 

I have no idea what your point is? 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Yeah but you can hardly say they will have a winning mentality. 

Dembele for example is a bit of a journey man now who has spent spells on the bench at every club he has been at including Pboro 

You can’t really say that. Teams go down with some players fighting every inch of the way. Let’s say we’d have gone down last season would you have doubted Sammi’s mentality ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Just now, Forever Blue said:

I have no idea what your point is? 

My point is I think recruitment should be leading our signings not Eustace like it is at most clubs now and I don't rate the players that the head coach supposedly wants

Mowbray signed ex players and players from his ex clubs none where a great success

You sign Eustace ex players then he finds himself sacked or quits then we are left with those players 

No point bringing in Park, Gestede and Owen just to sign players from the managers phone book

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It really got to me previously. They minute we went behind the game was as good as over.

It’s ok, we’ve now reached the stage where the fans no longer care whether the manager thinks the players he wants to sign are any good! 

We are down a rabbit hole. I think it’s the stress of the window getting to a few on here. 🤣

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

You can’t really say that. Teams go down with some players fighting every inch of the way. Let’s say we’d have gone down last season would you have doubted Sammi’s mentality ?

No but dembele spent time out of the side due to poor performances and because of a lack of effort in training etc 

So yeah I think I can say that on him 

There are two sides to every story

Maybe Eustace blocking Ryo because he sees his centre forward role stocked better than his wide options

We need some wide men. I don’t know if Ryo is that guy but I get the impression Eustaces side don’t think he’s the man for that role 

I know it shouldn’t come down to it but if Eustace knows there’s limited bodies coming in, he will want to make sure they’re in positions he wants better stocked 

We also need some back up full backs

Edited by Dreams of 1995

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If he wants the recruitment team to find someone different fair enough,  but if he is insisting on Dembele and blocking other signings then I don't agree with that

I do think Eustace is doing a good job of coaching and setting up the team but the game has moved on from when managers had all the say with recruitment 

Eh? Eustace will be judged on how successful that team is. If we lose 5 on the bounce it’s HIS head that’s on the block not Rudy and John Parks. I don’t know what you do for a living, but if you are almost wholly responsible for something then you must be a primary decision maker in the process or you’re being set up to fail. Eustace must have final sign off on every transfer in my opinion. He doesn’t care about budgets, he just wants the best players and ones he can trust.

• Like 8

Just now, islander200 said:

My point is I think recruitment should be leading our signings not Eustace like it is at most clubs now and I don't rate the players that the head coach supposedly wants

Mowbray signed ex players and players from his ex clubs none where a great success

You sign Eustace ex players then he finds himself sacked or quits then we are left with those players 

No point bringing in Park, Gestede and Owen just to sign players from the managers phone book

Park Gestede and Owen aren’t picking and coaching the team. They also aren’t responsible for results. There’s a reason the manager has final say. 

I think the theory that the manager is refusing good players because he wants to sign his inferior mates is one of the best/worst conspiracies I’ve read for a while. You know how silly that sounds right?

You’re also questioning the integrity of a bloke you don’t know from Adam. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh? Eustace will be judged on how successful that team is. If we lose 5 on the bounce it’s HIS head that’s on the block not Rudy and John Parks. I don’t know what you do for a living, but if you are almost wholly responsible for something then you must be a primary decision maker in the process or you’re being set up to fail. Eustace must have final sign off on every transfer in my opinion. He doesn’t care about budgets, he just wants the best players and ones he can trust.

A workmate once told me - “ Never allow yourself to be put in the position of responsibility without the power to effect change. Ideally you want power without responsibility. “ 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Eh? Eustace will be judged on how successful that team is. If we lose 5 on the bounce it’s HIS head that’s on the block not Rudy and John Parks. I don’t know what you do for a living, but if you are almost wholly responsible for something then you must be a primary decision maker in the process or you’re being set up to fail. Eustace must have final sign off on every transfer in my opinion. He doesn’t care about budgets, he just wants the best players and ones he can 

Recruitment are looking at players all over the world, the manager seemingly wants players he has worked with before.

He has admitted he knew little of Ohashi and Gueye 

If he was presented with Ohashi or Scott Hogan as a signing then I'd expect Eustace to plump for Hogan due to familiarity and league experience,  that doesn't mean Hogan would be the right signing. 

Eustace is head coach not the manager, said it himself his job is to coach the squad 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If he was presented with Ohashi or Scott Hogan as a signing then I'd expect Eustace to plump for Hogan due to familiarity and league experience,  that doesn't mean Hogan would be the right signing. 

You seem to have resorted to making things up. 

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Recruitment are looking at players all over the world, the manager seemingly wants players he has worked with before.

He has admitted he knew little of Ohashi and Gueye 

Eustace is head coach not the manager, said it himself his job is to coach the squad 

He's obviously earned no leeway from you with the way we've started the season then!

I do concede though that it's odd he's not all over a cheap punt on another Japanese player the way Ohashi has started the season. Seems a bit like looking a gift horse in the mouth.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Park Gestede and Owen aren’t picking and coaching the team. They also aren’t responsible for results. There’s a reason the manager has final say. 

I think the theory that the manager is refusing good players because he wants to sign his inferior mates is one of the best/worst conspiracies I’ve read for a while. You know how silly that sounds right?

You’re also questioning the integrity of a bloke you don’t know from Adam. 

No but park ,gestede and Owen are looking at players from a larger pool than Eustace is again he had nothing to do with Gueye or Ohashi 

At most clubs now the manager/head coach has little to do with the signing of players