BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He isn't Jon with his boyish good looks and cheeky chappie smile though!

I said previously I think he is doing a good job of coaching and setting up the team it has nothing to do with JDT.The players Eustace supposedly wants are leaving me underwhelmed,recruitment did a good job with Gueye and Ohashi and I'd like to see what else they can bring in instead of the likes of Ruddy or Dembele 

As @J*B says, in a well ran club we should be spending £15m+. I don't want to see a single loan.

As the Rovers statement says - Venkys are able to fund us.

£40m in, £1m spent? 

6-8 signings needed, this a real chance to get us to the premier league with all the outgoings and money in the bank.

Will it happen? Will it fuck. Look forward to WATR next meeting with Waggott and Pasha asking what the fuck was that Summer transfer window.

Either the statement is a lie or it's a fact and Venkys back us this window. The clock is ticking.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

How do you know that’s the case at Rovers? What happens at other clubs is irrelevant.

Well his title is head coach?Why not manager 

Why bring in Gestede, Owen and Park?

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

For me we need to be after 

A keeper who can command their box and make Pears an understudy.  We continue to be chaos at set pieces defensively despite the attacking improvement.  I had heard the Massamba Ndiaye who sounded like a punt but ticked the bill but looking back, I think this may be misidentifying Gueye.  

A loanee left back and central midfielder to put pressure on Pickering and pad the central numbers given Tronstad and Trav's yellow card generating abilities and JRC's injury record.

An out and out wide man ideally for the right hand side.  This one I feel is complicated as I'd suggest having a pacey left footer would suit more given Pickering cant overlap and Brittain can.  But I think budget wise Hedges is the left footed left winger.  I liked the look of the Ecuadorian linked as he seemed ok on the left and better cutting in the right.  

Beyond that, I don't forsee much business.  If there is, a tall striker on loan and a tall central midfielder I think would benefit. 

16 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

It’s ok, we’ve now reached the stage where the fans no longer care whether the manager thinks the players he wants to sign are any good

We are down a rabbit hole. I think it’s the stress of the window getting to a few on here. 🤣

That's a bit reductive. Two controversial potential  signings from a relegated club are being questioned. 

Neither of the two players seem to be attracting much interest from elsewhere, do they? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

You seem to have resorted to making things up. 

How?he said himself Ohashi and Gueye where the work of tye recruitment side.

I said "I'd expect" Eustace to go for Hogan .Wouldn't you?

He knows Hogan he didn't know ohashi 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Well his title is head coach?Why not manager 

Why bring in Gestede, Owen and Park?

JDT was head coach and he had final say on transfers. 

I think you’re getting the roles mixed up. The manager tells the recruitment team what he wants.  The recruitment team identify talent to present to the manager. The manager then has final say.

Maybe the recruitment team need to present better options? 

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

How?he said himself Ohashi and Gueye where the work of tye recruitment side.

I said "I'd expect" Eustace to go for Hogan .Wouldn't you?

He knows Hogan he didn't know ohashi 

So why hasn’t Hogan signed? And Ohashi has? 

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I said previously I think he is doing a good job of coaching and setting up the team it has nothing to do with JDT.The players Eustace supposedly wants are leaving me underwhelmed,recruitment did a good job with Gueye and Ohashi and I'd like to see what else they can bring in instead of the likes of Ruddy or Dembele 

I’m not overly thrilled with the thought of Ruddy signing. Dembele is a maybe, he could be the player who will thrive in the right environment. He has ability, maybe Eustace thinks he could bring that out. I just think that imposing players on the guy who has to make the team work will ultimately end in failure.

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A workmate once told me - “ Never allow yourself to be put in the position of responsibility without the power to effect change. Ideally you want power without responsibility. “ 

Agree with the first part. The second part makes him sound like a psychopath.

36 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Most of the players on his list got relegated last season

This.  There are always one or two players worth cherry picking from a relegated team.  However, clearly the majority of a relegated team's squad isn't good enough for that level.  I imagine those worth taking have already been signed by other clubs. The ones we are being linked with aren't screaming 'sign me'. 

3 minutes ago, London blue said:

That's a bit reductive. Two controversial potential  signings from a relegated club are being questioned. 

Neither of the two players seem to be attracting much interest from elsewhere, do they? 

That’s literally what @islander200 said, he doesn’t care if the manager rates players he apparently wants to sign. 

I’d agree that’s very reductive! 

Ruddy and Dembele are so uninspiring. Dembele hasn’t done anything since the season prior to going to Bournemouth and Ruddy isn’t a particular upgrade on Pears.

Would much rather go the way the rest of the window has gone and use some creativity and thinking outside of the box. That, or recruit players that are an upgrade and within grasp like Iverson.

Edited by Ruaney
Missing text
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Unleaded said the recruitment team have previously gone over Eustace's head.

That’s probably BS, but if true a precedent has been set and they can do it again. So there shouldn’t be a problem and the recruitment team can crack on with the quality signings they’ve got lined up. 

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

That’s literally what @islander200 said, he doesn’t care if the manager rates players he apparently wants to sign. 

I’d agree that’s very reductive! 

Yeah I had missed that post - it's a silly statement. 

Still, neither of the two Birmingham players seem universally wanted by those responsible for recruitment.

3 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

JDT was head coach and he had final say on transfers. 

I think you’re getting the roles mixed up. The manager tells the recruitment team what he wants.  The recruitment team identify talent to present to the manager. The manager then has final say.

Maybe the recruitment team need to present better 

It's my opinion that Ruddy and Dembele ain't good options.

Your argument seems to be that Eustace wants them so that is all that matters.

Being presented a group of players by recruitment and the head coach choosing the best option fair enough, but the head coach insisting on ex players I'm not keen on especially when in my opinion the players are either past it or inconsistent with  no end product 

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

So why hasn’t Hogan signed? And Ohashi has? 

Because he wasn't offered the opportunity to sign Hogan instead?

Eustace said himself he had little to do with the signings of ohashi and gueye 

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

That’s probably BS, but if true a precedent has been set and they can do it again. So there shouldn’t be a problem and the recruitment team can crack on with the quality signings they’ve got lined up. 

I know you haven't been here (or at least posting) all that long, but Unleaded has consistently, for years now, been the most reliable ITK on this forum. He actually works in the industry. I'm not saying everything he reports will be true, but when he says something like that it can't just be written off as BS.

• Like 6