BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Based on current day Ruddy? Declining further as he gets older. Im not entirely sure. 

Pears or Ruddy - who would you want in a battle at the dingledome?

Next season or even after January is another discussion but right now I think Ruddy would improve the team/squad.

If we are really lucky he might even contribute to improving or at least validating our GK coaching 

• Like 2

Just now, Roverthechimp said:

Next season or even after January is another discussion but right now I think Ruddy would improve the team/squad.

If we are really lucky he might even contribute to improving or at least validating our GK coaching 

We may not play out from the back quite as much as under JDT, but it is still a feature of Rovers game plan.  If we tried doing this with Ruddy in goal it would be catastrophic 

Just now, KentExile said:

We may not play out from the back quite as much as under JDT, but it is still a feature of Rovers game plan.  If we tried doing this with Ruddy in goal it would be catastrophic 

Would Rushworth or Iversen or Drommel be a better shout then? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would Rushworth or Iversen or Drommel be a better shout then? 

I cant comment on Drommel (not seen enough of him), either of the others would fit Rovers play style, however, not sure if we have the funds/wages/loan fees/delete as applicable for either (either on loan on permanent (obviously a permanent solution is preferable if it is possible)

Edited by KentExile

43 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Fun fact - Transfermarkt has the Birmingham City squad as having a higher overall value than the Blackburn Rovers squad. 

They also have Harry Pickering as the most valuable member at 5mill

25 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

I dont think theres much in it, which says a lot considering how low the benchmark is in terms of improving on Pears.

I also think that the idea that he can do much in terms of helping the other goalkeepers in a year is a big assumption.

If we get Ruddy, I would suggest that similar to last year, whoever is in net will cost us far more points than they will save.

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont think theres much in it, which says a lot considering how low the benchmark is in terms of improving on Pears.

I also think that the idea that he can do much in terms of helping the other goalkeepers in a year is a big assumption.

If we get Ruddy, I would suggest that similar to last year, whoever is in net will cost us far more points than they will save.

Ruddy is better than Pears - however we've just banked £40m, we should be aiming for much better than a GK that's happy to retire on Newcastle's bench.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d always rather avoid playing newly promoted teams. They’ll always up for it and the the newly promoted shine hasn’t yet worn off. How many of the newly promoted teams did we beat last season by the way ?

Absolutely - and aside from the newly promoted shine, I actually think both teams are decent and will do quite well in their own right.

The really impressive thing is that we’ve beat both those teams without ever hitting our best. This is mainly due to the manager who set the team up really well and then makes ultra positive subs.

IF we can keep the majority of our squad fit and add the players the club wants then I’m confident we will get much better.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I’d always rather avoid playing newly promoted teams. They’ll always up for it and the the newly promoted shine hasn’t yet worn off. How many of the newly promoted teams did we beat last season by the way ?

None

31 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I cant comment on Drommel (not seen enough of him), either of the others would fit Rovers play style, however, not sure if we have the funds/wages/loan fees/delete as applicable for either (either on loan on permanent (obviously a permanent solution is preferable if it is possible)

Similar view on Drommel but given his age and experience of playing Dutch top division football I would take him. 

I would prefer a permanent signing as a GK who will be number 1 here for a few years. 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Both. But predominantly my opinion.

Thanks for answering the question. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It isn't his job, but he can also do exactly what JDT did with Telalovic and refuse to play him. 

Telalovic actually played a bit under JDT. It's Eustace who refused to play him in the second half of the season.

It's a little bit of a worrying trend. 

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Telalovic actually played a bit under JDT. It's Eustace who refused to play him in the second half of the season.

Are you annoyed that the manager you don't like because he says "you know" in his interviews has started well or something Eddie?

As for recruitment, just because the modern trend is to go down the DOF/Head Coach/ Data led approach that doesn't mean the standard of recruitment in general is any better than it was under the "old fashioned" approach. 

Brighton and Brentford are two Clubs who appear to do spectacularly well with their recruitment but there are a lot more you can point at whose recruitment appears to be pretty terrible.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

jdt did give him a try out,but he also refused to play him when it became clear he was a non league player

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

jdt did give him a try out,but he also refused to play him when it became clear he was a non league player

He was also extremely reluctant to hand Wahlstedt a start and we soon saw why.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He was also extremely reluctant to hand Wahlstedt a start and we soon saw why.

jdt said he needed to develop,which is the nice way of saying he`s useless,if one good thing came out of this summer it was getting rid of broughton,a man in over his ability

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As for recruitment, just because the modern trend is to go down the DOF/Head Coach/ Data led approach that doesn't mean the standard of recruitment in general is any better than it was under the "old fashioned" 

For a club like us who spend little money every window the data led approach is a necessity in my opinion.

Obviously it's early days but on their performances so far then Ohashi and Gueye look two bargains and they would not have been found without a data led approach.

Stoke decided to pay £1.6 million for a striker with champion experience and a player their head coach will be familiar with Sam Gallagher. We signed our two lads for less,and they will be on less money than Gallagher too.

Again I think Eustace is doing a very good job in what he was employed to do ,coaching the team and picking up results just not comfortable with some of the names it's speculated he has his heart set on like Dembele