BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

8 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

His Steve Bruce to take Reggae boys Job and I’m sure he got a player muddled up between Southampton and Portsmouth a few weeks back

He had Matt Richie going back to Bournemouth. 

An hour or Two later he was announced at Pompey 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, imy9 said:

I’ve just read up on George Hall, he would be a quality addition and has a lot of pace! A proper box to box midfielder.

exciting week ahead

Probably not other than the games.

I can't honestly say I've seen much of this Travers to have an opinion,  I mean I'd take anything over Pears but is all the hype to be believed providing it is a genuine link??? Haha. 

Even funnier if he was linked to the Dingles, Gueye was linked to them too the last time they were in the Championship if I remember rightly...

Did he win the golden glove with Bournemouth?? Is it the same guy?

Edited by AVE1875

18 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

Rayo Vallecano are based in Madrid. Linked in the tweet

Only thing is Vallecano are quite small - get slightly smaller crowds than Rovers - and finished one spot above relegation last year. As he is a UK based player it is within the realms of possibility (particularly looking at the careers of Raya and Kaminski) that he might go for Rovers as a better launchpad for him.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Iceman said:

So again, the manager has no say on who the recruitment team brings in, but when the team doesn't perform, he is the one to be sacked? Absolute bs if a manager has no say on who signs, but has to take the fall for it

That is the way usa sports are run. (i am not saying it is right or wrong)

Just now, Rileyt82 said:

You could flip it as well.

So our recruitment team focus on bringing in new players, but could ultimately get the sack because the manager insists on bringing in players he's already managed? 

There's a reason why this has become a modern approach. Eustace has better things to do than be out there scouring the globe for talent. Nor do I trust that he has the analytical abilities to process large datasets (that isn't meant as a knock on him).  

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Yes, he confirmed this week. It won’t be us leaking the stories, there’s no benefit to alerting people to our targets.

Likely agents or the players clubs trying to draw out more bidders. Which means the targets are likely accurate…let’s see!

There is if you are Maggot looking for a way to have signings fail.  (cynic I know) We can not use the send button excuse for cock ups for ever.  I do not see any quality signings coming, loans only, also firmly believe Pears is still our keepr come September.  Eustace will be bouncing on outta here if the Jan window is more of the same.

29 minutes ago, USABlue said:

There is if you are Maggot looking for a way to have signings fail.  (cynic I know) We can not use the send button excuse for cock ups for ever.  I do not see any quality signings coming, loans only, also firmly believe Pears is still our keepr come September.  Eustace will be bouncing on outta here if the Jan window is more of the same.

I dont really get this idea that we purposely leak transfer rumours to try and pacify fans.

After the shambolic failures of previous windows, it would look worse if we said we wanted x and y and then didnt get them.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

So, ..... after the second and now forgotten, by the faithful, shambles of "NotSentGate" obviously that spouted trip to the US to do an increased deal with Orlando and get an agreement with Duncan Maguire to sign, something, did not happen.

And now we are being told that there are no impediments to our owners funding the club in all areas ..... Don't panic.....

Could it be that Maggott and Shadow lie on instruction from the Vermin more than Trump at the Stump?

Just my little conspiracy theory.

I know I should be joyous at the news that we have no impediments.....  It's reassuring....

One question. Did Barnum actually say that?

It in interest of fairness the signings of Big Mak and Yuki for a fraction of the alleged cost of Duncan M is inspired and no doubt earns Maggott and Shadow a big bonus, which makes them, ermmmm, now what's the word....

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

It in interest of fairness the signings of Big Mak and Yuki for a fraction of the alleged cost of Duncan M is inspired and no doubt earns Maggott and Shadow a big bonus, which makes them, ermmmm, now what's the word....

Rich

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rileyt82 said:

Sure, but this isn't American sports. If I'm the manager, and I know my job will be on the line, if the team doesn't do well, I would want a say as to which players comes in.

Not having an input, and just accepting players given to you, is something I'm always against. It's highly unfair towards a manager, when you are fired, and the players brought in, were never the ones you believed you could get the best out of..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

So, ..... after the second and now forgotten, by the faithful, shambles of "NotSentGate" obviously that spouted trip to the US to do an increased deal with Orlando and get an agreement with Duncan Maguire to sign, something, did not happen.

And now we are being told that there are no impediments to our owners funding the club in all areas ..... Don't panic.....

Could it be that Maggott and Shadow lie on instruction from the Vermin more than Trump at the Stump?

Just my little conspiracy theory.

I know I should be joyous at the news that we have no impediments.....  It's reassuring....

One question. Did Barnum actually say that?

Notsentgate 😭

• Like 2

1 hour ago, philipl said:

Swag has set himself up.

"No impediment" on the money side he says.

So inadequate signings this week condemn him as an utter incompetent.

We already know that he is incompetent.

But if we dont spend much its again the owners.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Fabrizio Romano is reporting that Bournemouth have had a breakthrough in talks regarding Kepa and he could go for a medical today.

If we do sign Travers or another goalkeeper fingers crossed they go straight in for Burnley and we don't have to wait for another Pears howler before they get in 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If we do sign Travers or another goalkeeper fingers crossed they go straight in for Burnley and we don't have to wait for another Pears howler before they get in 

I think we’ll be waiting for a Pears clanger unfortunately.

• Like 3