BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

50 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If we do sign Travers or another goalkeeper fingers crossed they go straight in for Burnley and we don't have to wait for another Pears howler before they get in 

8 minutes ago, FE123 said:

I think we’ll be waiting for a Pears clanger unfortunately.

I think FE123 is probably right, the only way that probably doesn't happen (barring injury to Pears) is if we get a new guy in who can play on Tuesday and for whatever reason he has a blinder

* But for our keeper to have a great performance against Blackpool, would probably mean that the rest of whatever team we put out all played horribly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Sure, but this isn't American sports. If I'm the manager, and I know my job will be on the line, if the team doesn't do well, I would want a say as to which players comes in.

Not having an input, and just accepting players given to you, is something I'm always against. It's highly unfair towards a manager, when you are fired, and the players brought in, were never the ones you believed you could get the best out of.

Two things, he isn't the manager, and he doesn't have zero input.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iceman said:

Sure, but this isn't American sports. If I'm the manager, and I know my job will be on the line, if the team doesn't do well, I would want a say as to which players comes in.

Not having an input, and just accepting players given to you, is something I'm always against. It's highly unfair towards a manager, when you are fired, and the players brought in, were never the ones you believed you could get the best out of..

If the process is open and based on the mutual goal of improving the team/squad then the only problem is if the recruitment team can insist that a player is picked.

Otherwise - John we are signing this guy for the squad. If he turns out worse than what we have already - no worries we’ll find a buyer.

Provided the coach is genuinely interested in improving the team, hasn’t been lied to about his job description and is listened to regarding positions that need strengthening then the system works (to a point) and changes of head coach are pretty seamless 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, islander200 said:

He had Matt Richie going back to Bournemouth. 

An hour or Two later he was announced at Pompey 

He also said if Szmodics hadn't signed for Ipswich by July 31st he wouldn't be going there.

39 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

If the process is open and based on the mutual goal of improving the team/squad then the only problem is if the recruitment team can insist that a player is picked.

Otherwise - John we are signing this guy for the squad. If he turns out worse than what we have already - no worries we’ll find a buyer.

Provided the coach is genuinely interested in improving the team, hasn’t been lied to about his job description and is listened to regarding positions that need strengthening then the system works (to a point) and changes of head coach are pretty seamless 

What is Eustace title though? Manager or head coach? Plenty of the successful teams have a Manager and a Head Coach. 

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

I think FE123 is probably right, the only way that probably doesn't happen (barring injury to Pears) is if we get a new guy in who can play on Tuesday and for whatever reason he has a blinder

* But for our keeper to have a great performance against Blackpool, would probably mean that the rest of whatever team we put out all played horribly

Yeh I was thinking about this the other day. It doesn't make sense to give your shiny new keeper their debut against the Dingles. Too much of a baptism of fire in a real confidence position. One blunder, and they and the fans will suffer a serious loss of faith.

Sadly we may have to risk conceding the game to the Dingles (by having Pears in goal) to avoid having two keepers we can't rely on for the foreseeable.

Cue somebody telling me footballers should be immune to the effects of psychology because they're paid a lot, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, KentExile said:

I can't a new keeper signing playing tomorrow cos he had no time to train with the players or the defence. 

To play against those Dingles he would have to sign on Tuesday or Wednesday to train with his team mates a couple of times at least

26 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yeh I was thinking about this the other day. It doesn't make sense to give your shiny new keeper their debut against the Dingles. Too much of a baptism of fire in a real confidence position. One blunder, and they and the fans will suffer a serious loss of faith.

Sadly we may have to risk conceding the game to the Dingles (by having Pears in goal) to avoid having two keepers we can't rely on for the foreseeable.

Cue somebody telling me footballers should be immune to the effects of psychology because they're paid a lot, I'm sure.

Or Pears may have one of his rare, good games. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FE123 said:

I think we’ll be waiting for a Pears clanger unfortunately.

I'm desperately clinging to the hope that JE saw enough Pears clangers last season to know that he's shite. He's not had an alternative to play in his time as manager so far.

Why wait till Pears costs us a game?

10 hours ago, Eddie said:

You could flip it as well.

So our recruitment team focus on bringing in new players, but could ultimately get the sack because the manager insists on bringing in players he's already managed? 

There's a reason why this has become a modern approach. Eustace has better things to do than be out there scouring the globe for talent. Nor do I trust that he has the analytical abilities to process large datasets (that isn't meant as a knock on him).  

Nobody is saying that Eustace should be looking for talent. I would have thought that was obvious. That’s the job of the recruitment team. What some of us on here think is that when likely candidates have been spotted by the recruitment team the head coach should have a say in wether they are signed or not.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I can't a new keeper signing playing tomorrow cos he had no time to train with the players or the defence. 

To play against those Dingles he would have to sign on Tuesday or Wednesday to train with his team mates a couple of times at least

A new keeper signing won't play tomorrow because we won't even start looking for one until Friday.

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

A new keeper signing won't play tomorrow because we won't even start looking for one until Friday.

The Friday AFTER Deadline Day.🙄

Edited by Moptop1

17 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

We have already been looking at keepers all summer. Should have sign De Lange when we had the chance. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

I'm desperately clinging to the hope that JE saw enough Pears clangers last season to know that he's shite. He's not had an alternative to play in his time as manager so far.

Why wait till Pears costs us a game?

By definition it means he'd have been playing reasonably well or at least wasn't the reason we didn't win/draw a game?

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

We have already been looking at keepers all summer. Should have sign De Lange when we had the chance. 

Should have but didn't.

The one constant of this reign.

I bet nothing gets even close to being over the line until Friday.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont really get this idea that we purposely leak transfer rumours to try and pacify fans.

After the shambolic failures of previous windows, it would look worse if we said we wanted x and y and then didnt get them.

so all is well in lala land and the venkrats are honourable