BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

3 minutes ago, M_B said:

Just on Talksport, Newcastle want Trafford on loan, Dingles want a sale. 

Trafford ain't that great, so it's no wonder the Dingles wants rid of him. 

15 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Trafford ain't that great, so it's no wonder the Dingles wants rid of him. 

Dingles want a sale, unsurprisingly. 

More thinking it might shove Ruddy out. 

Edited by M_B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nobody is saying that Eustace should be looking for talent. I would have thought that was obvious. That’s the job of the recruitment team. What some of us on here think is that when likely candidates have been spotted by the recruitment team the head coach should have a say in wether they are signed or not.

A say? Or the final say?

Surely they are using the same system as happened under GB/JDT?

Coach and recruitment team discuss and agree priorities.

Recruitment team present who could be available to the coach

Targets agreed.

Recruitment go fetch if they can.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Should have but didn't.

The one constant of this reign.

I bet nothing gets even close to being over the line until Friday.

A keeper signing should have been made earlier in the summer and it should been number 1 priority for me as long as new number 9 striker 

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If we signed a keeper like Travers ie one far superior to Pears.

He should start on Saturday regardless of training sessions. Even without a training session, that doesnt offset the quality gap.

really, so if the new keeper makes a mistake cos of mixed up with his defenders you willing to accept it and we lose the game. 

24 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Thanks. Interesting that, because normally clubs announces a manager, assistant manager, coach and assistant coach as the teams staff. 

Staff | rovers.co.uk

Gardiner joined at the same team as Eustace. Downing a couple of weeks after

17 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Amazing how this Trafford still has this reputation as the next big thing in goalkeeping, been all over the place every time I’ve seen him. His ‘mid range passing’ or some other irrelevant stat must be off the charts though.

Modern football, ay.

I don't get it myself with Trafford. Ipswich signing Muric was a strange one for me considering they already have a quality keeper in Hladky who they didn't renew his contract which shocked myself. Muric made mistake on Saturday and I thought why have you signed him.  

8 minutes ago, M_B said:

Dingles want a sale, unsurprisingly. 

More thinking it might shove Ruddy out. 

Dingles need the money clearly cos it all help them pay off the ownership debt. Burnley bought the club with loans and debt. Similar to the Glazers

8 minutes ago, alexanders said:

We just know it don't we? We will end up with Ruddy. 

Of course! what made you think we would end up with any classy keeper? 

14 minutes ago, markhayhurst said:

Anything in this?

C754C2F7-C82A-48ED-827F-8BD4A8E819E5.jpeg

Just looked at a random Tweet of their's from last Wednesday. It claimed Dion Charles was set be announced at Portsmouth after he had "almost completed his medical". He's still at Bolton Wanderers. File in bin.

Edited by goozburger

Personally I'm quite happy that Eustace seems to have a vision of how he thinks the team needs to look to take us forward, and that if someone is foistering someone on him that doesnt fit that vision (especially when incomings will be limited) he's standing his ground.

If true, he's proving to be not quite the "Yes man" he was portrayed as being last season. Of course, for the good of the club they need to work together, but I'd be more concerned if Eustace was happy to accept who he was given and then was trying to shoehorn them into a starting line up.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

Would be idiotic to sell Buckley for the sake of a million pounds we will NEVER see reinvested back into the club.

Especially when the right manager and management might still get a tune out of him (and raise his value much higher than that) when we already lack midfield options and creativity in the team.

Edited by jny
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We can recall him but wouldn't be able to play a first team game until January 

Rules as I remember them, but they might have changed as I have not checked for a while:

Can’t recall a player in first 28 days of loan.

Can recall a player after that as long as it’s during transfer window and mutually agreed between both clubs. 

So he could play for us before January if the above rules are satisfied.

Edited by Forever Blue
  • Like 2

Selling any of the first team squad would be absolute folly right now given the lack of numbers. Travis is already on two yellow cards and is bound to pick one up on Saturday. With a few fragile bodies in there we would be cutting our own throats.

• Like 4