BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Shocked at how Jackson barely even referencing transfers. Just regurgitating interviews from Saturday. You’d think he’d be asking questions and reporting the transfer plans seen as there is only 5 days of the window left and we need plenty. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Selling any of the first team squad would be absolute folly right now given the lack of numbers. Travis is already on two yellow cards and is bound to pick one up on Saturday. With a few fragile bodies in there we would be cutting our own throats.

Again!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

A say? Or the final say?

A lot depends on the personalities involved.  Grown up professionals should be able to come to a mutually beneficial agreement. You need a bit of give and take. In the final analysis if I was the manager I be very loathe to accept players being signed over my head. If it was a regular occurrence I’d be looking around for another position.

• Like 1

Then there's this from Eustace in today's LET.

"John Eustace believes Blackburn Rovers are seeing the benefits of a deeper squad after a positive start to the season."

How is the squad deeper?  Surely it is still smaller than last year. 

It will be music to Swag's ears though. No need to strengthen. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Buckley leave.  The club seem to have gone out the way to big Travis up.  Buckley will now be viewed as expendable. Money in and a cheaper replacement signing.

I wouldn’t be happy seeing Buckley leave unless we had a better replacement coming in. Given the money we’ve brought into the club in the last 6 months that should be easily doable. Replacing decent players with less capable guys only ends one way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

"John Eustace believes Blackburn Rovers are seeing the benefits of a deeper squad after a positive start to the season."

Before loans I think we are probably slightly larger as a squad. In terms of who Eustace plays I think hes basically saying "last year I had literally no one who could impact a game off the bench, now at least I have who has not started out of Ohashi or Gueye and also Wieman "

I am surprised we haven't loaned anyone at all yet. We'd usually have a couple already on the books with two more coming in close to deadline day. Thinking about it maybe what we are doing is spending the loan budget on the one year contracts (Fadz, Batth, Wieman) instead?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If you've read the article it specifically means more depth in the attacking areas, having people capable of scoring from the bench.. Suppose we are down Gally and Szmods but up ohashi, mak, Weimann and siggy compared to the last few months of the season (Siggy having been injured)

• Like 1

Waggot will be thinking he'l get away with the five who came in a few weeks back, hoping just a cheap goalie will do it.

You can read is thoughts "Its going ok at the moment so lets all keep stum and blag it out until January, see how its going lads the twats in India will love me"

Edited by pomster
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

The quality of the squad runs deeper. Our bench is much stronger than last season.

• Like 2

On 23/08/2024 at 10:02, MB Rover said:

Predictions for the week:

Monday - no signings

Tuesday - no signings

Wednesday - no signings

Thursday - no signings 

Friday:

10am - Ryo Germain deal complete, player on way for medical

11am - ‘Rovers trying last minute swoop for Drommel’

12pm - Ryo Germain deal off, no time to get the player over, ‘least they tried, they can’t affect flight times????’ is the cry from social media happy clappers

2pm - ‘noises are good, Rovers recruitment team are busy!’

4pm - Drommel spotted at Ewood maccies, deal done

5pm - Elliott Jackson, ‘nothing in it’ regarding Drommel

6pm - Rovers make bid for Stansfield, £2million, ‘see we do have money, other teams just want too much!!!’

8pm - Stansfield joins a championship rival on loan

10pm - John Ruddy signs on loan

10:30pm - Travis leaves to join Hull

11:05pm - Fleck signs one year deal

11:10pm - some unknown right back from a premier league side has been signed on loan

Saturday, 2:30pm - we’ve started a midfield 2 of Tronstad and Buckley, been pumped 4-0 and Pears has dropped another stinker

Prediction going well so far

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

The quality of the squad runs deeper. Our bench is much stronger than last season.

In attacking areas. Yes, 

As things currently stand, cover on the bench is weaker at keeper (Wahlsted -not that he was good - is better than Hilton), left back (Chrisene is better than Batty), central midfield (Ayari was here last year) and arguably centre back (with Wharton injured)

It means Eustace can change things up if Rovers are chasing a goal, but if we get an injury/sending off in the wrong position, we are wafer thin

12 minutes ago, rigger said:

Yeah, much better when  you can bring the likes of Gueye and Weimann off the bench instead of Vale, Telalovic or Markanday. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He definitely has more options in attack with Gueye, Yuki and Weimann. It's still nowhere near enough, but it's more. 

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

In attacking areas. Yes, 

As things currently stand, cover on the bench is weaker at keeper (Wahlsted -not that he was good - is better than Hilton), left back (Chrisene is better than Batty), central midfield (Ayari was here last year) and arguably centre back (with Wharton injured)

It means Eustace can change things up if Rovers are chasing a goal, but if we get an injury/sending off in the wrong position, we are wafer thin

If you think our bench was stronger last season than this, that is your prerogative. Personally I don't.