BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

5 minutes ago, rigger said:

In your opinion, is our bench stronger this season, than last season ?

I would say, on balance, much the same at the moment.  

It is far stronger in every forward area, but left back, midfield and keeper are weaker.  centre back is pretty much the same, as is right back (Duru is as of yet unproven at this level, but I do have high hopes)

But, at the moment, there are many more (and better) options to chase a goal if needed.

Hopefully on Friday night I will be able to say that it is stronger across all areas

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 1

We're one deep winter injury crisis from disaster - and we don't have any pace. 

The only difference with the bench is with options, not necessarily cover. 

We're also relying on Pickering and Brittain heavily, with only Duru as a like for like backup, and then needing to use JRC and Wiemann to cover all sorts of eventualities. We're just about scraping by, JE knows it. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Shocked at how Jackson barely even referencing transfers. Just regurgitating interviews from Saturday. You’d think he’d be asking questions and reporting the transfer plans seen as there is only 5 days of the window left and we need plenty. 

Just listened to his podcast whilst out on a run - he added nothing just "approach seems to be scattergun, but there will be a flurry of transfers again this week like there was when we signed Gueye et al all in a short period".

Didn't add any new names, just ruled out Ruddy as one he'd not heard. Clearly he's not plugged in. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Groundhog said:

We're one deep winter injury crisis from disaster - and we don't have any pace. 

The only difference with the bench is with options, not necessarily cover. 

We're also relying on Pickering and Brittain heavily, with only Duru as a like for like backup, and then needing to use JRC and Wiemann to cover all sorts of eventualities. We're just about scraping by, JE knows it. 

All this is being hidden for the time-being by a good start. Nobody should be fooled---we've been here before.

As you say winter beckons with injuries and suspensions. How many bad runs after Christmas have we had?

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

So then we need two CMs ..this is genuinely fucking baffling

We need one CM if they bring in a RW. JRC is a CM in my opinion - that would leave us with four.

I can see why Eustace would move Buckley on - I doubt he's cheap anymore and I don't think he trusts him. He's so inconsistent. 

At one time i'd be bothered about Buckley moving on but not anymore.

That lad should be able to displace Travis or at very least he should be giving the manager a headache about him challenging Tronstads position.

He just doesn't though so time to move on and bring someone with some worktate and consistenty.

• Like 3

I think it’s madness to let Buckley leave, especially if we don’t have a replacement ready to come in. Unless they see JCR as a central midfielder. 

It might mean the lad, Hall from Brum is close to signing. I doubt it though. It might leave us still very short.

The squad is really looking thin. I really can’t see us getting the required GK, CB/LB, (possibly now) 2 x M, Winger in.

Will fans STILL believe what they say, if they don’t bring these players in?

Plus, with all the money from sales, they need to replace them, so they can bring money into the club from future sales. It’s the way a football club works.

Said it before and I’ll say again, this is basic stuff and they still don’t understand the basic concept of running a football club.

Stupid idiots.🙄

• Like 7

Listening to that podcast with Ryan Hildred, they made reference to a comment JE made when asked why he’d only used 14 players from the point he came in. He basically admitted that he’d only used the ones he felt were good enough, which makes the outgoings, along with his admission that he has more depth now, more understandable.

Letting Buckley go because the manager doesn’t rate him is fine. But if we don’t make 5 signings, including 2 CM’s after it, we’re really fucked! 🤦🏽‍♂️

• Like 4

I know no-one on this board can answer me but I have to ask; what the fuck are the recruitment team doing?

We're so short I can only imagine there are barriers in place preventing us from making even a loan signing.

I predicted at the start of the window £<2m spend on transfers but I had my pessimistic pants on, I was slightly hopeful that the club would recognise how close we are to fielding an incredibly poor team.

As someone said above, it looks like this is only going one way.

• Like 3

I'd be looking to offer Dunny a 1 week contract to captain the side this weekend and get the dingles foaming at the mouth at least. 

Over to you Waggott. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, alex l said:

If you've read the article it specifically means more depth in the attacking areas, having people capable of scoring from the bench.. Suppose we are down Gally and Szmods but up ohashi, mak, Weimann and siggy compared to the last few months of the season (Siggy having been injured)

Not sure injured  players can be considered, as you are bound to get some long term injuries over the next few months.   From last year in attacking areas - we have lost:

Szmodic

Gallagher 

Moran

Markanday

Telalovic

and brought in 

Gueye 

Ohashi

Mafoumbi

Weimann

Vale? 

Now I know that Ohashi, Gueye and Weiman have started well..but it doesn't scream squad depth to me.   At best, numbers wise, it's the same.