BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

Its not even reasonable to compare to last year because we were so short that the benchmark is so low.

We have a fully fit squad, thats the difference and wont be permanent. Hedges and Sigurdsson were injured for the last few months, now they are back it seems like we have more depth. 

• Like 2

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24542221.blackburn-transfer-state-play-including-gk-shortlist/

Why with just over 4 days to go are we still at the enquiry and shortlist stages. We should be getting players in for medicals, not pissing about still deciding.

Lots of talk about Burnley, they have Sarmiento, Jaidon Anthony and Hannibal Mejbri in for medicals today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24542221.blackburn-transfer-state-play-including-gk-shortlist/

Why with just over 4 days to go are we still at the enquiry and shortlist stages. We should be getting players in for medicals, not pissing about still deciding.

Lots of talk about Burnley, they have Sarmiento, Jaidon Anthony and Hannibal Mejbri in for medicals today.

all signings or loans cause loans are bad apparently 

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

in the last week we`ve had travis signing for rangers and now buckley signing for cardiff,it will be pears going to flamengo next,long live the internet😄

tbf I've been a fan of buckley but if it's between him and hall I'd take hall . tho tbf it will be he's sold and no one comes in

19 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Travers would be a superb signing, the fella he's trying to oust, Neto, was superb at times today

And that's why it won't be happening.  More bogus info to get us all worked up only to be let down, again.  What will be the excuse for this one, clubs are 50p apart in their valuation?

15 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Not sure injured  players can be considered, as you are bound to get some long term injuries over the next few months.   From last year in attacking areas - we have lost:

Szmodic

Gallagher 

Moran

Markanday

Telalovic

and brought in 

Gueye 

Ohashi

Mafoumbi

Weimann

Vale? 

Now I know that Ohashi, Gueye and Weiman have started well..but it doesn't scream squad depth to me.   At best, numbers wise, it's the same. 

It’s not just numbers though…because if, as suggested by recent reports and them not being picked, JE didn’t rate enough to play Moran, Markanday Vale and Telalovic then effectively they were not even in the reckoning last season. So losing them plus Gally and gaining Yuki, Gueye and Weimann will make the manager feel like he has improved squad depth.

The only player Rovers will miss out of that lot is SS. The rest were crap.

2 hours ago, MB Rover said:

Prediction going well so far

Reminds me of the Steve Coogan character in ‘The Day Today’…substitute day for year & signed for died 😆

Night Watchman: Well, I would say this - I've been working here for 18 years, and in 1975 no one died.
In 1976, no one died.
In 1977, no one died.
In 1978, no one died.
In 1979, no-one died.
In 1980... some one died.
In 1981, no one died.
In 1982, there was the incident with the pigeon.
In 1983, no one died.
In 1984, no one died.
In 1985, no one died. In 1986... I mean, I could go on.

IMG_6106.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Isn't Hall a winger?

Similar to JRC in that he doesn't really have a settled position as of yet, but I would have him pegged as an attacking midfielder/winger rather than a central midfielder (at least not a central midfielder in the double pivot that Rovers play)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/george-hall/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/871229

Edited by KentExile

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Rules as I remember them, but they might have changed as I have not checked for a while:

Can’t recall a player in first 28 days of loan.

Can recall a player after that as long as it’s during transfer window and mutually agreed between both clubs. 

So he could play for us before January if the above rules are satisfied.

Player needs to agree too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Rules as I remember them, but they might have changed as I have not checked for a while:

Can’t recall a player in first 28 days of loan.

Can recall a player after that as long as it’s during transfer window and mutually agreed between both clubs. 

So he could play for us before January if the above rules are satisfied.

9 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

Player needs to agree too.

Cant recall Garrett as either cover (or to send him elsewhere) this window then

He went out on loan 03/08/24, so his 28 days isn't up until Saturday, when the window will already be closed

Unless maybe the deal was "done" earlier than it was announced I suppose?

Edited by KentExile
  • Like 2

I think the time has come where we need to move Bucko on for the good of all parties. On his day I think he’s a lovely footballer, however those days now seem limited to cameos against lower league opposition in cups or friendlies. At 24 and with 140 apps he’s passed the age of being given the benefit of the doubt in certain areas, he’s making the same mistakes he made as a 19 year old and his decision making is arguably slower/worse. 

Successive managers have deemed him not up to the task, coupled with his indifferent spell at Sheff Wed its’s all pointing to him not being the level required of a championship player sadly.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Shocked at how Jackson barely even referencing transfers. Just regurgitating interviews from Saturday. You’d think he’d be asking questions and reporting the transfer plans seen as there is only 5 days of the window left and we need plenty. 

Jackson posted an article on Saturday post game, Eustace's comments which weren't much. He has posted one today about transfers and plus his podcast today 

3 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Then there's this from Eustace in today's LET.

"John Eustace believes Blackburn Rovers are seeing the benefits of a deeper squad after a positive start to the season."

How is the squad deeper?  Surely it is still smaller than last year. 

It will be music to Swag's ears though. No need to strengthen. 

We are in attacking areas but also he has options he rates. He didn't trust Markanday, Telalovic, Moran for example. 

Centre midfielder and defence we aren't. Goalkeeper lacks a number 1 keeper

44 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Cos we are waiting for answers from different clubs? 

Burnley can go the higher end of the market. Aren't those 3 deals all loans? 

24 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Similar to JRC in that he doesn't really have a settled position as of yet, but I would have him pegged as an attacking midfielder/winger rather than a central midfielder (at least not a central midfielder in the double pivot that Rovers play)

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/george-hall/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/871229

His 'highlights' video on YT makes much more sense now - it's all tackles (including Gallagher bottling a 50/50).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ItsRoverZ said:

So then we need two CMs ..this is genuinely fucking baffling

Talk about jumping the gun based on rumour and hearsay. Buckley hasn't gone anywhere. At least not yet. Jackson has also said that it's nonsense.

I will happily bugger off for another extended period and be told "well don't read it, then", but when the majority of posts on here are Judgement Day conclusions based on, er, absolutely nothing other than what some naff account has Twitted or what some so-called insider is winding you up about, it's depressing stuff. You really don't need to get strung along, but too many seem to believe any old guff.

Edited by goozburger
  • Like 3

Just now, philipl said:

Why are we talking about Buckley, our captain tomorrow evening?

Because a tinpot Twitter account that has a history of complete nonsense put it out there, and it fits in with the narrative of shit ownership and so on. At least at the moment, and based on more reputable sources, it appears to be total and utter bollocks, just as the Travis thing was the other day.