BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

I am quietly confident that the four signings Eustace wants will happen- the players are getting lined up and as we have shown we can sign players pretty quickly now!

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, imy9 said:

I am quietly confident that the four signings Eustace wants will happen- the players are getting lined up and as we have shown we can sign players pretty quickly now!

I’d love more than anything to be proven wrong but after the last 4 windows I’m not expecting much.

Speaks volumes that we are still getting smoke screen headlines saying we are still undecided…That’s complete rubbish, we aren’t willing to pay what is being asked, despite bringing in a fortune.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I’d love more than anything to be proven wrong but after the last 4 windows I’m not expecting much.

Speaks volumes that we are still getting smoke screen headlines saying we are still undecided…That’s complete rubbish, we aren’t willing to pay what is being asked, despite bringing in a fortune.

I don't think it's smokescreens.

We clearly have a miniscule budget for a Championship team - make no mistake about it, most of that £40m has been earmarked for running costs.

We'll be one of several teams in for Travers and Rushworth (if they're both available for loan), but we almost certainly won't be offering the most attractive financial offer. I suspect both PL clubs will leave it down to the player to decide.

We'll also be haggling over the fee for players like Dembele (£1.5m is a huge portion of our budget I feel [£10k a week is £520k, so that's the wages for 3 players right there]) and Birmingham et al are sticking to their guns.

I think we'll get 4 in before the window closes. I don't think we'll have been linked to 3 of them though prior to their signing - they'll all be loans is my bet. 

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s not just numbers though…because if, as suggested by recent reports and them not being picked, JE didn’t rate enough to play Moran, Markanday Vale and Telalovic then effectively they were not even in the reckoning last season. So losing them plus Gally and gaining Yuki, Gueye and Weimann will make the manager feel like he has improved squad depth.

The only player Rovers will miss out of that lot is SS. The rest were crap.

For all Eustace apparently didn't rate those players last season.  He also wasn't keen on Gueye or Ohashi. 

If you'd told him on the last day of the season he'd lose Szmods and Gally to be replaced by those 2, I imagine he'd have been close to walking.

(and yes I know Gally is shit and the 2 new lads look decent).

The depth may look slightly stronger -mainly on the back of a fit Hedges and Siggy.  

Two players who most would consider pretty average and pretty injury prone.   

So depth wise we are clearly 1 or 2 short up front - especially given the lack of pace. 

Eustace coming out now saying he's happy with the attacking depth rings alarm bells re further incomings. 

Look at it this way. 

If we start with Gueye, Ohashi, Weiman up top and we are 1-0 down with 20 mins left. Who could we bring on that could impact the game? Dolan? Hedges?Siggy? Vale? Buckley?

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

For all Eustace apparently didn't rate those players last season.  He also wasn't keen on Gueye or Ohashi. 

If you'd told him on the last day of the season he'd lose Szmods and Gally to be replaced by those 2, I imagine he'd have been close to walking.

The depth may look slightly stronger -mainly on the back of a fit Hedges and Siggy.  

So depth wise we are clearly 1 or 2 short up front - especially given the lack of pace. 

Eustace coming out now saying he's happy with the attacking depth rings alarm bells re further incomings. 

Look at it this way. 

If we start with Gueye, Ohashi, Weiman up top and we are 1-0 down with 20 mins left. Who could we bring on that could impact the game? Dolan? Hedges?Siggy? Vale? Buckley?

This is the same dude that's apparently saying "Bring me Dembele, or bring me death" behind the scenes and publicly praises Pears - so y'know, I'd take what he says in interviews with a grain of salt.

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Look at it this way. 

How do you know he wasn’t keen on Ohashi and Gueye? He admitted that he didn’t know much about them but here’s a thought…maybe he watched all the videos, read the reports, listened to the analysts at multiple ‘recruitment meetings’ and thought “Dya know what, they look really good” before giving them his seal of approval.

In contrast, maybe he’s reviewed the same info featuring Germain, Matondo, Yeboah etc and thinks that Dembele is better? It would make no sense for him to want a seemingly inferior player, just because he knows them.

Heres another suggestion, maybe the board are pushing so hard for Germain et Al because they’re all cheap as fuck, whilst JE wants them to get their hand in the their pockets!? 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Jackson saying Iversen, Rushworth and Travers are the top 3 GK targets. 

Reading between lines he also implies Matondo is the Park choice and Dembele is the Eustace choice. 

I presume Germain will be Waggots choice, and we know the reason why.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I presume Germain will be Waggots choice, and we know the reason why.

I presume Germain will be Park's choice - 'cos he thinks he's found another cheap gem like Ohashi. I think the problem is it's either / or, which is where Waggot comes in. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

How do you know he wasn’t keen on Ohashi and Gueye? He admitted that he didn’t know much about them but here’s a thought…maybe he watched all the videos, read the reports, listened to the analysts at multiple ‘recruitment meetings’ and thought “Dya know what, they look really good” before giving them his seal of approval.

In contrast, maybe he’s reviewed the same info featuring Germain, Matondo, Yeboah etc and thinks that Dembele is better? It would make no sense for him to want a seemingly inferior player, just because he knows them.

Heres another suggestion, maybe the board are pushing so hard for Germain et Al because they’re all cheap as fuck, whilst JE wants them to get their hand in the their pockets!? 

He said he  knew little about them when interviewed and credited the recruitment  team. 

Saying he's happy with the attacking squad depth isn't going to encourage Swag et al  to put their hands in their pockets.

Let's hope we end up with Stansfield and Dembele by Friday, 

• Like 1

The whole problem is Waggotts fault. Maybe he employed these people by telling them what they want to hear to get them through the door. Now they can’t decide what’s what and the power struggles continue as they don’t know the chain of command