BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

If Eustace wants to be the leader on recruitment he will be judged as such. Can’t fall back on the head of recruitment if Dembele turns out to be a rotten apple who flops

He can and he will.

We are the 'no excuse' club full of excuses and fall guys. 

• Like 3

On 25/08/2024 at 16:01, TurkishDelight said:

Edmund Baidoo not in the squad for Sogndal in Norwegian 2. tier today. In negotiations with a club. Dont know the club, but really hope Blackburn is interested. 

Plymouth for £2m, apparently. 

Manager seems set on Dembele. He does fit the bill of what we need, pace, direct and carries the ball.

If we can pick him up for circa 1m think it’s probably a decent deal for us. 

You’ve got to trust someone who has previously managed him to judge is personality/character rather than joe bloggs on a Birmingham message board saying he’s a bad egg.

There could be several reasons he’s not playing but having watched him a few times I don’t think that’s down to ability.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Manager seems set on Dembele. He does fit the bill of what we need, pace, direct and carries the ball.

If we can pick him up for circa 1m think it’s probably a decent deal for us. 

You’ve got to trust someone who has previously managed him to judge is personality/character rather than joe bloggs on a Birmingham message board saying he’s a bad egg.

There could be several reasons he’s not playing but having watched him a few times I don’t think that’s down to ability.

Eustace signed him at Birmingham and managed him, if managed properly he is threat cos he has ability to be success here. 

We have to these next 4 days recruitment wise correct and bring in quality players. 

• Like 1

If you watch Dembele in these highlights he’s electric (start of last season under JE)

Personally, I appreciate there are other options abroad but for circa 1 million I think he would supplement our attack really well.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, FE123 said:

If you watch Dembele in these highlights he’s electric (start of last season under JE)

Personally, I appreciate there are other options abroad but for circa 1 million I think he would supplement our attack really well.

Excellent player on his day. If we got him for £1m and he was consistently playing well he’d be a bargain 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, FE123 said:

People look to much into goal/assist and give their opinion based on that…Fair enough. 

We need pace and directness and that is what he brings, if we can get him on a permanent at the fee we’re holding onto then that’s good business - He walks into our team!

Edited by BankEnd Rover

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

He said he  knew little about them when interviewed and credited the recruitment  team. 

Saying he's happy with the attacking squad depth isn't going to encourage Swag et al  to put their hands in their pockets.

Let's hope we end up with Stansfield and Dembele by Friday, 

Saying he didn’t know much about them doesn’t mean he said no to them. Whereas it seems that he’s actively against these others. Why is that? I don’t know the answer but I don’t believe for a second that he’s trying to sign Dembele, Hall and Stansfield from Brum because they’re his pals! If he wants them, it’s because he believes they’re the best of the presented options, surely? 

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I’m looking forward to some top drawer signings this week. As the CEO has said: Our owners have no issues with funding the club. 

The most interesting part of the next week on the transfer front will be predicting what excuse they come up with for another poor end to the window.

They can't use the funding issues one after their statement last week. They can't use FFP. They can't use secretary amnesia or staff member going rogue after the last couple of Januarys.

It looks like they are going down the route of 'can't decide or agree' which targets to go for. Quite audacious but there's certainly been a push in that direction in the last week or so.

Suspect Waggott is gearing up for another 3-4 months of silence and hope Eustace works a miracle to keep the heat off him through results.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Saying he didn’t know much about them doesn’t mean he said no to them. Whereas it seems that he’s actively against these others. Why is that? I don’t know the answer but I don’t believe for a second that he’s trying to sign Dembele, Hall and Stansfield from Brum because they’re his pals! If he wants them, it’s because he believes they’re the best of the presented options, surely? 

All players he has been linked with are obviously all from Birmingham. Seems like a manager who sticks to what he knows. Can’t fault him for being like that but he needs to be more trusting in his recruitment team. Way more experienced people there who have a better understanding of football. There is no sell on potential in any of his targets. Bad attitude, Age, injury prone amongst his targets. We have lost assets in this team and they need to be replaced. Looks as tho Eustace is thinking just about this season. We need to be looking for the next few years 

Edited by Rover1984

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

The most interesting part of the next week on the transfer front will be predicting what excuse they come up with for another poor end to the window.

They can't use the funding issues one after their statement last week. They can't use FFP. They can't use secretary amnesia or staff member going rogue after the last couple of Januarys.

It looks like they are going down the route of 'can't decide or agree' which targets to go for. Quite audacious but there's certainly been a push in that direction in the last week or so.

Suspect Waggott is gearing up for another 3-4 months of silence and hope Eustace works a miracle to keep the heat off him through results.

Steve interview after window 

"As we could not decide who to bring in, we decided not to disrupt the fantastic momentum we have going within our squad, The owners were encouraging to make additions but JE decided against it believing in our current squad and fantastic academy."

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

All players he has been linked with are obviously all from Birmingham. Seems like a manager who sticks to what he knows. Can’t fault him for being like that but he needs to be more trusting in his recruitment team. Way more experienced people there who have a better understanding of football. There is no sell on potential in any of his targets. Bad attitude, Age, injury prone amongst his targets. We have lost assets in this team and they need to be replaced. Looks as tho Eustace is thinking just about this season. We need to be looking for the next few years 

There’s so little context in this post it’s untrue. 

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Michael Baidoo is class...scoring on Europa league for Elfsborg...can't see us getting him but he would be a class signing.

The original poster was referring Edmund Baidoo who is a winger not Michael Baidoo…Different type of players who play in different leagues.