BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

20 minutes ago, J*B said:

Why are we haggling over 500K? We’ve raised 40M and have no issues with funding?

Ipswich won a jackpot worth what is it, about £200 million? And they were allegedly haggling over 500k too. Some of our fans even said we should give in to them over it.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Ipswich won a jackpot worth what is it, about £200 million? And they were allegedly haggling over 500k too. Some of our fans even said we should give in to them over it.

We have 4 days to bring in 5 players. We’ve made a fortune and we are asking parent clubs to pay the wages of a player we wish to loan? This isn’t us playing hard ball, it’s because the club don’t want to spend! 

Norwich sold Rowe for 14million was it? They literally re-invested it all straight away.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 2

Big week coming up and not one that Swag can afford to cock up. We've had too many transfer window failures recently and eventually that will catch up with you. Who know what the club model is anymore, because my understanding was that we were investing to sell on, but to do that we actually have to invest for that to work.

The squad is looking alright, but as others have rightly said we do not have the depth to last the winter. If we can pick up a few players in key positions we should be fine for the season. Absolute priority for me should be GK, LB and a pacy winger, but depth at RB and CM would be ideal too. 

• Like 1

Key to the situation might well be the number of potential incomings. 

If it's a small number ie 3 or 4, you can guarantee that Eustace would, rightly, be adamant he gets the ones he wants.

If it's 7 or 8, he'd probably be happy to gamble on 3 or 4.

Edited by M_B

17 hours ago, damo100 said:

Strap yourselves in folks, this week is gonna be a roller coaster of a ride for incomings for both ourselves and that lot down the road.

Roller Coaster? that has ups as well as downs.  Not hokding me breath for many ups 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/24542221.blackburn-transfer-state-play-including-gk-shortlist/

Why with just over 4 days to go are we still at the enquiry and shortlist stages. We should be getting players in for medicals, not pissing about still deciding.

Lots of talk about Burnley, they have Sarmiento, Jaidon Anthony and Hannibal Mejbri in for medicals today.

Because, some fans enjoy a good deadline day loan player, that's not good enough 

27 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Only if Eustace wants him 

Love it. Fans turned on him last year because he ground out survival with a weak squad.

Fans have turned on him this year because he wants some say in transfers. Must be annoying that he's picked up 7 points from 9 - obviously it's only against newly promoted teams, who we did so well against last year.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, RTM08 said:

Big week coming up and not one that Swag can afford to cock up. We've had too many transfer window failures recently and eventually that will catch up with you. Who know what the club model is anymore, because my understanding was that we were investing to sell on, but to do that we actually have to invest for that to work.

The squad is looking alright, but as others have rightly said we do not have the depth to last the winter. If we can pick up a few players in key positions we should be fine for the season. Absolute priority for me should be GK, LB and a pacy winger, but depth at RB and CM would be ideal too. 

That model changed when JDT and Broughton left. Now it's purely about surviving year to year - that much is very clear.

12 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Rumours circling of a loan signing tomorrow. No idea who what where when or why, just seen a few people saying the same thing!

Do you have a link.

Because I have seen 2 randomers put it on twitter and one had the hashtag #atkamifeck so I think its safe to say at least 1 is purely wishful thinking.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Love it. Fans turned on him last year because he ground out survival with a weak squad.

Fans have turned on him this year because he wants some say in transfers. Must be annoying that he's picked up 7 points from 9 - obviously it's only against newly promoted teams, who we did so well against last year.

Felt like a tongue in cheek comment, no?

21 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Rumours circling of a loan signing tomorrow. No idea who what where when or why, just seen a few people saying the same thing!

I’ve seen nothing from anyone credible suggesting this.