BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I feel like I could mark him watching that.  Heavy handed attempt to drop the shoulder then come inside onto a clearly weaker right foot.

Thank god YouTube tells me everything about a player.  Has Kerlon won the Ballon D'or yet 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Defo got a touch of the Andy Robertsons about him. Looks a little light weight but has experience in the SPL last season where he played regularly until Liverpool recalled him.

Here we go!!!

• Like 1

Power struggles have seemed to be a constant under this regime from day one, which naturally leads me to two questions: 'wtf is going on?' and 'who is calling the shots here at the top?'.

14 years in and the clowns that own the club and their senior employees still seemingly don't have clarity on the best course of action. They wing it from season to season and week to week. Changing like the wind, forgetting what they had previously decided.

If I was to write a comedy script based on how the last few years have unfolded it would go something like this:

'We need more experienced heads now that we have returned from L1. If you want Rodwell, Downing, Holtby or anybody else, Tony, you just say the word'.

'Erm. Oh, sorry Tony, actually, we want to see a passing game now and also want a younger team on the field, those older players you signed...erm'.

'Focus on signing younger players and bringing through the Academy players from now on. Thanks, Tony'.

'Oh, hi Jon. We're looking to play continental football and we love your work and football philosophy. Can you join us for our project, our aim is to become a sustainable Premier League club. We will back you with the tools you need'.

'Oh, hi John, we were really impressed with the job you did at Birmingham and were wondering if you could come and help us avoid the drop. Keep us up by any means, it doesn't have to be pretty. If you can do that you can bring in a few signings in the summer to shape the squad.

'Erm, yeah about those signings, John, you will need to work alongside John and Rudy on finding targets'.

'We still want to develop players and sell them on, but if we can be around mid table and close to the top 6 that would be great. Thanks, John.

'We're looking to sign young players with potential to bring in a big profit.

'Ah shit, yeah, John wants experience. We are now looking to bring experienced players in too. Ruddy sounds fantastic'.

I think a big problem is the owners not knowing wtf they want or what they are doing. Do they want to sign young players with potential? Experienced players? Do they want a direct, more defensive style of football now? Or tippy tappy? Do they favour Rudy/Park or Eustace when it comes to transfer strategy and player suggestions? (As if Pune has a clue about that).

It feels like they've got voices on one side telling them 'Brighton/Brentford model' and voices on the other saying 'experienced pros, more direct football. It's a shit show imo which makes things challenging for the people on the ground.

This shit way of running the club has, imo, led to several managers looking worse than they really are whilst here, as well as particular scouting and recruitment teams looking like a waste of time over the years.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Embarrassing that's is a loan personally.

Fuck off.

The lack of ambition this club consistently shows is absolutely pathetic.

It was never going to be a permanent LB. Not with Batty on the books…

I must admit, when I saw his name, and Loan from Liverpool,m, I did think, “Please don’t be a winger”

Liverpool and Loan. Why not. The last few have been great. Oh wait ...
Not going to get excited over this one if it happens based on recent loans from them but who knows might surprise us.
Meanwhile Waggott is enacting his Scrooge McDuck fantasy and enjoying a swim in a pool of money.

• Like 1