BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

40 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Love it. Fans turned on him last year because he ground out survival with a weak squad.

Fans have turned on him this year because he wants some say in transfers. Must be annoying that he's picked up 7 points from 9 - obviously it's only against newly promoted teams, who we did so well against last year.

I'm surprised the recruitment team, hasn't picked the team yet, or have they? 

Here we go - probably the first of a few shirt-filler loanees who are going to have no impact whatsoever and not what we need to permanently fix weaknesses in the squad. Hopeless. 

• Like 2

Beck looks quick, that's all I can say. It's the loaning in of a kid that is the issue for me. Don't try to use Liverpool's name to make out we've signed some kind of wonderkid. That's aimed at the PR machine.

8 minutes ago, Neal said:

Starting to get pretty irate about the lack of investment now as hours and days go by. Sell 40 million of players and are fucking about penny pinching. The absolute state of them. By now we should have definitely signed the likes Poku. Young players with talent and potential, to try and replace the young talent in the squad. Especially if they want us to be self sustainable... Is that the plan? What is the plan? As usual a disjointed rag tag bunch of morons in charge that can't make decisions. 

INVEST OR FUCK OFF. 

That's the thing, there is no plan. Bullshit about projects and developing players to sell on is good for lip service and for PR spreading hacks. The reality under this lot says something else.

If there truly was a 'project' or a desire to follow the Brighton/Brentford model, they would have no issue in spending reasonable amounts on genuine talent or potential rough diamonds, in the hope of making a big profit a few years down the line. Poku, Matondo, Stansfield fitting the tag.

They have two flaming examples right before them in the Armstrong and Szmodics signings to go off, but still they don't give a shit!

I have no doubt that Eustace, Park, Gestede genuinely want to improve the squad and for us to have a tilt at promotion in the near future. I don't believe that of the owners and their stooges for one second though. It is likely that the trio above have some good 'uns lined up in their player shortlist, but the money men are saying 'no can do', so they are left squabbling over 'either/or' scenarios.

My own theory is that bringing in a few good/decent players for £1m here, £2m there, and a 'special' outlay on a Stansfield for £6m would result in us being in genuine danger of winning promotion back to the Premier League. I am looking squarely at the owners when I say, I don't believe they want it. Let's see what the next few days bring.

They have five days to show us something different. I'm expecting Ruddy, and a couple of loans though, with Kaide Gordon being one of them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Defo got a touch of the Andy Robertsons about him. Looks a little light weight but has experience in the SPL last season where he played regularly until Liverpool recalled him.

Here we go!!!

What is he like defensively? From those clips he looks more like a winger than a left back. 

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Weren’t we linked with Cantwell before he went up North ?

Yes 

5 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

Have we signed this Beck chap, or just gossip?

Signing. Nixon and Jackson both confirming he's coming here 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

No No No to Cantwell

Awful Awful attitude. Big loser and flop 

But, but Parks wants him!! How dare you go against the structure!? Didn’t you know that’s how they do this recruiting thing these days? 👀

Christ people Need to calm down 🤣 makes sense a loan for a LB. 

I’d take Cantwell if he’s coming with a point to prove and get his career back on track. Hopefully eustace can get a tune out of him. 

travers on loan for a season will do as he’s a huge upgrade on pears. (If it happens)

Hopefully spend some money on other areas. (Can’t see it mind) and I think it’s a joke we haven’t yet. 

most teams that do very well tend to have great loans. 

• Like 5