BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

IF and a big IF Cantwell comes I wonder if we’ll shift Dolan back out to the right/left, that way no winger needed…Not that I think Dolan is a winger but that maybe what the club are thinking.

Cantwell is a number 10.

I’d hope so, yet to see what he offers in that position. 

2 hours ago, G Somerset Rover said:

There’s a surprise. Why is it when we get a decent link, we forever fail to get them over the line.

What you need to remember is Burnley still paying PL wages, plus Parker is a former Bournemouth manager so he knows Travers and Anthony very well given he managed them

30 minutes ago, Neal said:

Another day.

Fuck all happening. 

WHERE HAS THE MONEY GONE???

We're a defeat to Burnley away from this all falling apart and becoming extremely toxic. 

Money? What money? Ipswich signed Szmodics for free, a gentleman's type agreement, and Wharton was signed on an instalment plan that meant the only benefitting party was Crystal Palace. It was one of those transfers where you sell a player for a large agreed fee but the selling club simply doesn't get anything, and you can't agree the same type of transfer with another club when buying a player either. We simply have to have received all the cash first, even though Palace ended up with A. Wharton without spending their cash first that's just how it is and I know what you're going to say next... what about the "David Raya" money, well that doesn't really count either, a £4m bonus cheque, double what has been spent so far this summer but the reality is he was sold in 2019, and since then we thought we'd bought a new team bus. Anyway please keep clapping away on Saturdays 👍🏻

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Ghost7 said:

Money? What money? Ipswich signed Szmodics for free, a gentleman's type agreement, and Wharton was signed on an instalment plan that meant the only benefitting party was Crystal Palace. It was one of those transfers where you sell a player for a large agreed fee but the selling club simply doesn't get anything, and you can't agree the same type of transfer with another club when buying a player either. We simply have to have received all the cash first, even though Palace ended up with A. Wharton without spending their cash first that's just how it is and I know what you're going to say next... what about the "David Raya" money, well that doesn't really count either, a £4m bonus cheque, double what has been spent so far this summer but the reality is he was sold in 2019, and since then we thought we'd bought a new team bus. Anyway please keep clapping away on Saturdays 👍🏻

What are you on about!

All transfers are paid in this way. It’s the same when we buy a player as well. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

IF and a big IF Cantwell comes I wonder if we’ll shift Dolan back out to the right/left, that way no winger needed…Not that I think Dolan is a winger but that maybe what the club are thinking.

Cantwell is a number 10.

Dolan is awful on the wing. Needs shifting to the bench or out. 

• Like 7
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Dolan is awful on the wing. Needs shifting to the bench or out. 

And he's shit behind the striker too.

End product, knowing when to release and not do stepovers running back to our keeper.

If he had good ball knowledge he would be decent.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RoversClitheroe said:

And he's shit behind the striker too.

End product, knowing when to release and not do stepovers running back to our keeper.

If he had good ball knowledge he would be decent.

It’s his lack of football intelligence that lets him down. He hasn’t developed.

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Not trying to single you out, but can we keep the financial discussions to the threads that exist for those topics? It can be frustrating to have the transfer window topic hijacked by endless Venky financial talk. 

It’s all relevant, in fairness though.

• Like 1

Question marks around attitude etc are warranted and valid. However, in terms of actual footballing quality, Cantwell and Dembele are both better than what are currently in the building. Whether we see it I guess is a different matter, as is the case with all transfers. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard but both are ones I’d like to see happen personally. 

• Like 4

£41M IN PLAYER SALES SINCE LAST SUMMER. FORTY-ONE-MILLION POUNDS.

What we should be getting...

Daniel Iversen - Permanent
Brandon Williams - Permanent
Todd Cantwell - Permanent
Rabbi Matondo - Permanent
Josh Bowler - Permanent

What we'll actually get...

John Ruddy - Loan
Owen Beck - Loan
Ryo Germain - Permanent
Siriki Dembele - Loan “to buy”

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, MB Rover said:

Question marks around attitude etc are warranted and valid. However, in terms of actual footballing quality, Cantwell and Dembele are both better than what are currently in the building. Whether we see it I guess is a different matter, as is the case with all transfers. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard but both are ones I’d like to see happen personally. 

I think the difference between the two is that Dembele has at least shown it more recently than Cantwell, and has worked with Eustace before. Given the option I'd rather we'd steer clear of them both, but I'm less worried that Dembele would be a total waste of time. 

14 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It’s his lack of football intelligence that lets him down. He hasn’t developed.

Partially - but I still think his main issue by far and away is his lack of size. You need to be a serious player to compensate for being so small in this division. I actually think Dolan has developed pretty well in a lot of ways and his goals/assists when on the pitch come at a pretty decent rate. But there are some games which totally pass him by, and I think in the main that's just a function of him being very small. 

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

So, how much are we spending in transfer fees on permanent signings between now and the close of the transfer window on Friday? 

I’ll say an optimistic £2m 

Higher or lower?

Lower.

• Like 1