BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

So, how much are we spending in transfer fees on permanent signings between now and the close of the transfer window on Friday? 

I’ll say an optimistic £2m 

Higher or lower?

Loans only for my money

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I think the difference between the two is that Dembele has at least shown it more recently than Cantwell, and has worked with Eustace before. Given the option I'd rather we'd steer clear of them both, but I'm less worried that Dembele would be a total waste of time. 

Partially - but I still think his main issue by far and away is his lack of size. You need to be a serious player to compensate for being so small in this division. I actually think Dolan has developed pretty well in a lot of ways and his goals/assists when on the pitch come at a pretty decent rate. But there are some games which totally pass him by, and I think in the main that's just a function of him being very small. 

Mm, he’s about as big as Bryan Douglas was and back then opponents were allowed to kick the shit out of you.

Few more shitty loans and Burnley will sign Travers, Cantwell and Poku as a slap in the face. that's my prediction. 

If that's the case and no money is reinvested, Elliot Jackson needs to earn his coin and ask these w*nkers where the money has gone.

I suggest next time Rovers or Elliot Jackson tweets we all reply...

41 million in sales #WhereHasTheMoneyGone? #Rovers

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

£41M IN PLAYER SALES SINCE LAST SUMMER. FORTY-ONE-MILLION POUNDS.

What we should be getting...

Daniel Iversen - Permanent
Brandon Williams - Permanent
Todd Cantwell - Permanent
Rabbi Matondo - Permanent
Josh Bowler - Permanent

What we'll actually get...

Ruddy - Loan
Beck - Loan
Ryo Germain - Permanent
Dembele - Loan “to buy”

I think I’d rather have Dembele on a “ loan to buy “. If he starts playing up we can blow him out.

Whats all the nonsense about Dembele?

He's almost a replica of Dolan, it's just that all you've seen are his highlights.

He loves stepping over the ball, turning back beating his man again. Sound familiar?

Dembele scored 6, + 1 assist, Dolan scored 5 and 4 assists.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, sabino said:

He's almost a replica of Dolan, it's just that all you've seen are his highlights.

He loves stepping over the ball, turning back beating his man again. Sound familiar?

Dembele is lightening quick. If he wasn't I think it would be a non-starter. I'm ambivalent towards signing him, unless there are other options that are being blocked in favour of signing big club players.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sabino said:

O dear… Dembele is direct and fast, Dolan is not it’s that simple - Dembele is an upgraded version of Dolan.

Only thing Dolan beats dembele on, is probably hard working.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

6 minutes ago, sabino said:

It's a fair point. 

Whenever we get linked to a winger I watch their highlights and see if they're putting in any good crosses - so far none of them do.

Gueye wins almost everything in the air, you'd think we'd be prioritizing a quick winger who puts the ball into the 6 yard box.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, he’s about as big as Bryan Douglas was and back then opponents were allowed to kick the shit out of you.

Like I say, you need to be some player to compensate for being that small!

Dolan's biggest problem when he arrived was that for all the tricks and flair you couldn't trust his final ball or decision making. Now I think he's quite a different player, but there are still too many games which almost pass him by because he can't get a kick. I think that's just because he's at a real athletic disadvantage and he often struggles to overcome that. 

21 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Surely Brandon Williams on a free is being looked at?

Young enough to sell for profit, premier league experience, free, can play left or right back… yeah no chance we’re looking 🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Preston in for Josh Bowler

Would be great for us.

With Heckingbottom in charge there they will finish above Rovers and would be no surprise to see them make the play-offs. 

They do have ambitions unlike our, IMO, feckin shower.

3 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Good lord they're spending big.

Dykes is a great signing for League 1 and will guarantee them 20 goals and promotion.

2 hours ago, Browjd said:

Have seen some really intelligent and financially advanced posts by people on the club’s finances recently but what I want to know from someone (probably in or around the corporate finance world) is what this behaviour from Venkys suggests about the future - assuming very little is spent despite huge incomings this window? Would it suggest sale in near future?

In decades as a practising accountant, I have never, ever seen what seems to be such irrational behaviour and operational management from owners, executive management etc and I have been involved in some very big companies.

I wouldn't hazard a guess of what their end game is.  If the club was put up for sale then I would happily carry out due diligence free of charge for any buyer - sadly, I think I would find enough red flags to furnish Red Square in Moscow!!! 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It's a fair point. 

Whenever we get linked to a winger I watch their highlights and see if they're putting in any good crosses - so far none of them do.

Gueye wins almost everything in the air, you'd think we'd be prioritizing a quick winger who puts the ball into the 6 yard box.

Just crossing it into the box for a big man has gone out of fashion. That’s why you’re not seeing many examples these days . It’s all about cutting inside from off the wing on to your “ good “ foot, running into traffic, then losing the ball nowadays.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Neal said:

Few more shitty loans and Burnley will sign Travers, Cantwell and Poku as a slap in the face. that's my prediction. 

If that's the case and no money is reinvested, Elliot Jackson needs to earn his coin and ask these w*nkers where the money has gone.

I suggest next time Rovers or Elliot Jackson tweets we all reply...

41 million in sales #WhereHasTheMoneyGone? #Rovers

Let it go Neal, at least that's what I'm doing right now. No point in getting angry, because these wankers don't actually give a shit about what we think. 

However, I do hope, that if the season goes pear (excuse the pun) shape, that fans will make it very uncomfortable for Waggot and Venkys. 

• Like 2