BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

If Kaminski is going to Leicester, we could probably get Iversen without even making a payment, straight deduction against the Luton sell on ! That is, if the idiots covered us on the Kaminski sale.

We'd still have to pay his wages, which are far too substantial for us.

Same reason I don't buy the Cantwell link, he'd have to take a significant pay cut.

5 minutes ago, Penwortham Blue said:

If Kaminski is going to Leicester, we could probably get Iversen without even making a payment, straight deduction against the Luton sell on ! That is, if the idiots covered us on the Kaminski sale.

And what do you think is more likely, this, or Waggott and Venkys pocketing the money and loaning Ruddy instead?

In fairness, Iversen's wages are probably out of our wage structure...I think someone said he's on 25k p/w? Don't quote me, I may be thinking of another player. But clearly we can't pay what's likely 10k above our highest wage to a keeper, we'd have everyone in the team asking for a pay rise. It could perhaps be circumvented with a huge signing on fee or a settlement where Leicester 'pay' (commas because really it would be us) the rest of his contract up, but that would require some savvy.

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We'd still have to pay his wages, which are far too substantial for us.

Same reason I don't buy the Cantwell link, he'd have to take a significant pay cut.

I think the Cantwell one is just agent work. It's clear he's keen to get out of Rangers and probably secure a move back to England and the Championship will be his level.

His agent, and others, will be beavering away trying to find him a club before the window shuts, we probably tick most boxes in that we need players and should have money to spend. They'll be hoping that we cough up and make that happen.

They haven't factored in the Venky element which makes the pile of cash brought in irrelevant.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yep, another joke of a deal.

A good CEO essentially pays for themselves, potentially several times over. Waggott's dire negotiation skills (apart from when it's for his own pay apparently) and utter ineptitude at all levels of how he runs the club has cost us many times his inflated salary.

I wonder if there has been an element of making up for the abject disasters he and shadow man over saw letting 4 players walk for nowt ?

A kind of atonement for that after serious questions from the ownership, if you ask me Waggot and his MD have been going all out to prove their sell and replace with cheaper skills recently.

45 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

As it stands-  players we've expressed  some form of interest in spending a small amount of coin on. 

Cantwell - Maybe but unlikely.

Dembele - seemingly off to Swansea.

John Yeboah- Off to Italy.

Matondo - apparently staying put.

Stansfield - no chance at £6m.  

Josh Bowler - probably been looked at but we can't compete transfer wise with PNE or Hull. Plus Forest hate us.

Gustavo Puerta - off to Hull, loan to buy. 

Ryo Germain- looks like we dropped the idea to focus on above. 

Iversen - wages too high.

Loans 

Travers- likely to go elsewhere. 

Rushworth - most likely option  seeing as we haven't spun the Brighton loan tombola yet. 

Beck - seemingly signing. 

So very, very feckin depressing and completely indefensible in light of the club's statement about our owners and funding.

31 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

who says Dembele off to Swansea 

Maybe a loan for Stansfield(I would prefer a perm deal)

I think the Hull move as Puerta according to what I read yesterday

Iversen should be coming here on a permanent deal given what we have received in terms of fees this summer

Chaddy dear boy - there no feckin chance Stansfield will come here on loan. 

Almost equally, Iversen will be too expensive and I think is very overrated - a player whose career is in reverse gear.

29 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

We all know we're gonna end up with Ruddy on loan 

Looks like it and will be a diabolically bad signing.  Shot his bolt at Brum.  We simply should not be signing goalies who are going on 38 and whose best years were at least 5 years ago.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I wonder if there has been an element of making up for the abject disasters he and shadow man over saw letting 4 players walk for nowt ?

A kind of atonement for that after serious questions from the ownership, if you ask me Waggot and his MD have been going all out to prove their sell and replace with cheaper skills recently.

I feel it's more a case of the purse strings have been snipped from above and the budget is bugger all. The people below Waggott, rather than Waggott himself, are doing their best to scour the bargain bin to stop us getting relegated. So far they've done a good job. Obviously Waggott will claim credit for any successes of others, that's one of the only things he's actually good at, but I don't think he'll have much to do with it.

Not sure the owners are mad at him for those players walking for nowt either, if they were he would have been canned. In fact, in two cases (BBD and Rothwell) they pretty much forced it to happen.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

"So we'll take him on loan if you pay 80% of his wages... hello?"

It’s so hard to even think this is ever going to happen.

If he’s not getting much interest from other clubs, surely it would be better for rangers to loan him? 

All in all I would be in shock if we got this over the line.

1 hour ago, ABBEY said:

YOU DISSAPPOINTMENT ME DANIALSON

If i could, I would drag maggot out of the club Abbey. But, thats impossible right now. Its all up to you now 

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Chaddy dear boy - there no feckin chance Stansfield will come here on loan. 

We see Mercer. 

35 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Almost equally, Iversen will be too expensive and I think is very overrated - a player whose career is in reverse gear.

£1.5m is too expensive? Overrated based on what? 

Personally I would go out for Joel Drommel from PSV. On permanent deal or loan to obligation to buy next summer. 

1 minute ago, alexanders said:

Cantwell makes so much sense. 
something to prove - we are famous for redemption 

can tear up the championship 

think we will see JE get the most out of him 

wages might be a stumbling block though 

Left back cover - sounds agreed

Centre mid - nothing yet

winger - nothing yet 

Cantwell is a number 10 he’s not what we require at all and if the rumours regarding his finances are true along with his questionable attitude then it’s bad business