BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, Polky said:

Cantwell is a very good player at this level, just a shame he’s an absolute whopper!

I wouldn’t be against the signing, but we really need some pace in the squad.

It’s okay we’ve got Dolan, people seem to think him and Dembele are the exact same.

Would absolutely snatch your hand off if you told me we could sign Siriki Dembele and Todd Cantwell permanently.

For any flaws he may have, Eustace is very good at getting the best out of players… and i’d back him to resolve their alleged attitude problems pretty swiftly.

• Like 7

• Backroom
53 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

Cantwell is absolutely wank.

I think he’s actually a talented player, just an arsehole unfortunately. If (doing a LOT of heavy lifting) JE reckons he can get a tune out of him on the cheap, I wouldn’t mind him trying.

• Like 1

I think Cantwell would be a very good signing for us. Bags of talent but a poor attitude. Similar to Dembele. Both of those players have more talent than the vast majority of our current squad. 

I think this a very good home for those types of players and we have the right manager to get the best out of them. 

It's what we used to do in the good old days under Allardyce and Hughes. 

• Like 1

Why are people so confident that Eustace is a master of getting good performances out of players with bad attitudes?

Cantwell doesnt solve the issue we have in attack in that he isnt very quick. Feels like as the deadline looms we are just getting desperate.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Don’t think he’s a player measured on his G/A numbers. It’s his ability in tight spaces, drawing defenders, excellent in possession, two footed. He’s seen as a No 10 but I think he plays a bit deeper than that, completely different to Szmodics.

If he's not attaining much in terms of goals and assists as a number 10, even if that's in a slightly deeper role than Szmodics played, it suggests weakness with his final product.

19 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

It’s okay we’ve got Dolan, people seem to think him and Dembele are the exact same.

You're right, bit unfair when Dolan actually has better goal contribution numbers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miqaayil said:

Cantwell,

dembele/poku/matondo

germain 

beck 

and CM loan .....

could we really be playoff material ? or we being played material ?

No goalkeeper in that list so no. And that’s even before realising half of those won’t happen

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You're right, bit unfair when Dolan actually has better goal contribution numbers.

What are you talking about? Polky said we needed pace and another poster said Dolan and Dembele are the exact same, they arnt? Dembele is quicker and more direct…Dolan isn’t quick and isn’t direct so therefore they’re not the same are they? 

My point is pace, not contribution return sorry brucey 

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why are people so confident that Eustace is a master of getting good performances out of players with bad attitudes?

Cantwell doesnt solve the issue we have in attack in that he isnt very quick. Feels like as the deadline looms we are just getting desperate.

Why are we desperate? We have a range of targets and we are going after them?.

What would be good end of the window for you in terms of player signings? Any players you would like us to sign? Fee involve? 

27 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Certainly feels like we are getting desperate.

Not replacing Pears by this point is utterly criminal.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why are we desperate? We have a range of targets and we are going after them?.

What would be good end of the window for you in terms of player signings? Any players you would like us to sign? Fee involve? 

Desperate for me is a tad strong but we aren’t far off it 

In terms of balance and depth

the behind scenes disagreements it seems prolonging the delay is also something that needs addressed

a keeper is a must one who isn’t ruddy

a centre mid 

a winger/forward 

with 3 days to go and history isn’t on our side 

• Like 1

Well Eustace said he wanted 4 before Szmodics left so he is wanting a minimum of 5 to have the squad where he originally expected. 

looking at the links these are the players I think would get us a balanced squad whether it’s realistic is a different matter.

GK -Rushworth/travers loan although would love a loan to buy. 2.5-3M

LB - looks like it’s going to be Beck( he was linked with loan to permanent moves this summer hoping this move is the same) 

CM- George Hall 500k

LW- Dembele or matondo needs to be permanent 1.5M

CAM- Cantwell 500k 

That gives us good balance and is using players linked. I’d be happy with that and for me makes us stronger than last season. 

44 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

What are you talking about? Polky said we needed pace and another poster said Dolan and Dembele are the exact same, they arnt? Dembele is quicker and more direct…Dolan isn’t quick and isn’t direct so therefore they’re not the same are they? 

My point is pace, not contribution return sorry brucey 

Absolute tosh!!

I was defending Dolan because you  and others, we're trying to make out Dembele is the second coming.

He may be a bit faster than Tyrhys  and I am not his biggest fan, but what the bleep use is that is he isnt creating more chances or scoring more goals. 

He does offer much different to Tyrhys. 

Finally, Dolan only qualifies for England, but has made under 20 and scored against Germany. 

Dembele is eligible for 3 countries including England and Scotland. He can't even get in the Scotland setup😅. (BTW, I am only eligible for the Scotland squad and am still awaiting selection.)

Not sure what Cantwell does that Sigurdson doesn't.  (Including the luscious locks).  

What I can tell you is neither are anywhere near fast enough for what we need. We must be top 5 slowest teams in the league. 

I remember Cantwell looking like a special player in his Norwich days. He might not have the g/a that the kids these days look for, but the eye test suggests that there is a serious player there if he sorts things out upstairs. Most of the reservations about him appear to be around attitude, not ability. I think he has it in him to be a Dunny type player for us.

As Eustace was the one who first mentioned wanting pacey wingers, let's hope it is a case of Cantwell and a winger they are looking to bring in, rather than just the former.

• Like 1