BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

19 minutes ago, sabino said:

Absolute tosh!!

I was defending Dolan because you  and others, we're trying to make out Dembele is the second coming.

He may be a bit faster than Tyrhys  and I am not his biggest fan, but what the bleep use is that is he isnt creating more chances or scoring more goals. 

He does offer much different to Tyrhys. 

Finally, Dolan only qualifies for England, but has made under 20 and scored against Germany. 

Dembele is eligible for 3 countries including England and Scotland. He can't even get in the Scotland setup😅. (BTW, I am only eligible for the Scotland squad and am still awaiting selection.)

People are backing dembele because he brings us something, NONE of our current players bring, Pace, power and directness.  Of course he has his flaws attitude and goal/assist return, no one has said he’s the “second coming”. Dembele is a winger, Dolan is not,  they are different players whereas you said they were basically the same. 

People are also getting behind Dembele because he seems like the only winger that fits what the manager wants “pace”.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Guessing it's the Liverpool lad

Shame it wasn't sorted a day or two ago, could have played tonight and rested Pickering before the DingleDome Derby.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Hopefully a good signing. He was in the Scottish PFA Team of the year for last season.

I guess in theory, that means he is an upgrade on Gent as backup, since they play in the same position. Maybe he'll even be able to displace Pickering, we'll see. Hopefully it at least allows us to rest him on occasion.

11 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

6 potential starters on Saturday in this XI. Wonder if that is a (not so) subtle ploy by Eustace to highlight how lacking our 25 man squad depth is.

He really doesn't have any options at several positions - GK, LB, CF all have to play and JRC is covering 3 (possibly 4) positions so he's going to play too if you rotate the CMs. 

We're a few injuries from a disaster. 

Bit frustrating seeing Ash Phillips lining up for Stoke. I know he left for the huge pay rise but he's going to have spent 2 years in the championship anyway. 

Could have been a good player for us and then sold for a lot more.

Money talks though, I guess.

• Like 3

We’ve needed serious left back cover for ages so let’s hope this lad gets up to speed and challenges Pickering soon.

Cantwell - I actually see a good strategy here: point to Szmodics and Wharton and say to him, “come do your stuff here, keep your head down, stay away from Manchester and you could be looking at a big move in a year or two.”

If Cantwell wasn’t such a dickhead (and it’s well documented exactly how big of a dickhead he can be) he’d be playing at an extremely high level. Bundles of natural talent, which should have been developed and nurtured to a very high standard, maybe world class, maybe in the England conversation. Thinking you’re God’s gift to Norfolk and better than you actually are will stymie even the greatest talent.

But he’s still the kind of player that can do the very special things, bums-off-seats kind of things. I’d go for it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Bit frustrating seeing Ash Phillips lining up for Stoke. I know he left for the huge pay rise but he's going to have spent 2 years in the championship anyway. 

Could have been a good player for us and then sold for a lot more.

Money talks though, I guess.

It was always going to be his route - he chose the early riches rather than showing a bit of loyalty to the club that developed him.