BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

45 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

We’ve needed serious left back cover for ages so let’s hope this lad gets up to speed and challenges Pickering soon.

Cantwell - I actually see a good strategy here: point to Szmodics and Wharton and say to him, “come do your stuff here, keep your head down, stay away from Manchester and you could be looking at a big move in a year or two.”

If Cantwell wasn’t such a dickhead (and it’s well documented exactly how big of a dickhead he can be) he’d be playing at an extremely high level. Bundles of natural talent, which should have been developed and nurtured to a very high standard, maybe world class, maybe in the England conversation. Thinking you’re God’s gift to Norfolk and better than you actually are will stymie even the greatest talent.

But he’s still the kind of player that can do the very special things, bums-off-seats kind of things. I’d go for it.

David Bentley vibes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Polky said:

Everyone cross their fingers (and toes).

He said we were closing in on Travers and so has just named this post as a championship club…To me that’s exactly what he would put if we were in for him…That’s my logic anyway, so it’s not embarrassing for him.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

4 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Vale should be loaned out to a top end L1 club based on this performance. Could be decent at that level. 

Do Wrexham or Stockport need a forward?

Footballs a crazy thing, eh. Based on that performance I think he’d be lucky to get a league two club. He doesn’t have a single stand out quality - doesn’t make the right decision, isn’t quick, isn’t strong, can’t hold it up, can’t bring others into play. I’m not sure what the question would need to be for the answer to be Vale. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

He said we were closing in on Travers and so has just named this post as a championship club…To me that’s exactly what he would put if we were in for him…That’s my logic anyway, so it’s not embarrassing for him.

He’s definitely gone downhill since leaving Sky Sports. Matt Ritchie story sums him up perfectly.

9 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Who is better, travers or Rushworth? I don’t know what one to be rooting for 

Does it really matter? Both be a huge improvement on Pears. I beg we get it done. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Vale should be loaned out to a top end L1 club based on this performance. Could be decent at that level. 

why only loaned out!

he's shown time and time again that he just has nothing at all to offer at championship level, just sell(not that he has much value) and from what I've seen he's division 2 (or div 1 if he's just a backup squad player)

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, danger19_80 said:

David Bentley vibes

I think he his better than all of the keepers we have been linked with 

edit … sorry should have read it properly 😂😂

anyway  on a separate note imo  DAN Bentley is better than all the keepers we have been linked with 

Edited by AJW

14 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

I'd argue he'd be more suited to Blackpool. 

Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Why only loaned out!

he's shown time and time again that he just has nothing at all to at championship level, just sell(not that he has much value)

I think the part on brackets answers your own question.

I bet Aston Villa wished they only loaned out Jaden Philogene last season. Not expecting anything like the same result.

But sure, to be honest I'd rather give him (or players of his profile) away for a 50% sell on fee than try to loan him or sell for pennies.

1 minute ago, B16Rover said:

There's a young lad on loan from Brighton who's got 3 assists for Stoke tonight.  Wonder if he could cut it here 

It’s because he’s being played as a number 10, instead of being thrown on the wings like the rest of our number 10s.

On 26/08/2024 at 20:16, J*B said:

I’m looking forward to some top drawer signings this week. As the CEO has said: Our owners have no issues with fucking the club. 

My auto correct does that all the time. I sorted it for you.

• Like 1