BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

26 minutes ago, Inferi said:

It's good that the club has raked in huge transfer profits in the last year because we desperately need some quality signings. The current squad is so lacking in depth that a few injuries would mean we're totally fucked.

You're assuming we're going to spend? Why?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Duru looked fantastic tonight. 

Fantastic is a stretch, but he didn't look out of place. 

If we were properly run he could easily secure a L1 loan on the back of that performance. As it is we're relying on him to be the backup RB this season. There's definitely something there to work with. 

• Like 2

Hope we sign a new keeper ASAP.. We need one.

Duru can play back up to Brittain..

Beck has signed. 

Another centre midfielder is needed.

Pacey winger is needed.

Cantwell I would take. Quality player but needs managing properly..

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Does anyone think we need another centre back in if we going to play back 3 at times? 

We'd need another LB if we were going to play 3 at the back - Pickering can't play as a LWB.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bluebruce said:

You're goddamned right I expect them to spend when they're 200 mill in.

I might be more forgiving if they hadn't refused to even consider selling the club. But as it stands they've spent 12 years ruining our beloved club, and they should either put in whatever they're allowed to put in to try to remedy that (or at least keep us  competitive) or fuck the hell off out of here and make way for someone else to do so. Leaving us to slowly asphyxiate is not an acceptable third choice.

Also, as has been said many times already, the 200 million is their own fucking fault. They fucked up big time and got us relegated. They've continued to fuck up big time and squander countless opportunities to get us back to the golden honeypot of the Prem. We are where we are and have wasted the money we have wasted because Venkys are fucking shit. They've employed charlatans and chancers, flogged assets and failed to adequately replace them.

Far as I'm concerned, they should shit or get off the pot.

Hear here!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hope we sign a new keeper ASAP.. We need one.

Duru can play back up to Brittain..

Beck has signed. 

Another centre midfielder is needed.

Pacey winger is needed.

Cantwell I would take. Quality player but needs managing properly..

Keeper, Centre mid, a winger and another forward definitely needed.

• Like 2

Waggott disappeared in the 2nd half - he was the lucky one!  Told he was 'locked in negotiations' with a potential new signing and his agent.

After tonight's sh1t show, we need half a dozen quality additions otherwise we are going down.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Mercer said:

Waggott disappeared in the 2nd half - he was the lucky one!  Told he was 'locked in negotiations' with a potential new signing and his agent.

After tonight's sh1t show, we need half a dozen quality additions otherwise we are going down.

We aren't going down!!!

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon is saying Cantwell will meet Rovers tomorrow. We offer to buy him but offered a loan deal. 

Rovers will have juggle their budget to come up with a package for him

Been there done that.

If we don't have the structure in place to afford him we shouldn't be meeting him.

if we can't afford to buy him now, with this pile of cash behind us, then that is a total disgrace.

He'll be the 2024 version of Assombalonga, O'Brien, McGuire etc.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Vale is shit isn't he 

A friend said to me tonight 'Vale isn't doing much' which quite startled me as I hadn't realised he was even playing as he was that annonymous.

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Duru looked fantastic tonight. 

Would beg to differ.

Shaky defensively and lost a lot of the ball in our own half.  Looked better going forward but a lack of confidence, particularly in the first half, saw him persistently trying to set others up when he was much better placed to have a crack himself.

Someone said to me tonight 'we'll definitely have one or two in by weekend' - I nearly choked on my food!  I thought they were jesting but they weren't!

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon is saying Cantwell will meet Rovers tomorrow. We offer to buy him but offered a loan deal. 

Rovers will have juggle their budget to come up with a package for him

We offered to buy and loan him? So we cant even agree amongst ourselves as to what type of deal to do 😂

• Like 5

We have such a slow team. If Cantwell signs instead of a quick winger then it would sum up our mixed up, random recruitment policy of people arguing with one another.

It seems that very realistically, we could end this week with a loan left back, loan keeper and loan Cantwell. Which would still leave us having failed to spend any more money and having failed to address a glaring lack of pace. And it would likely be a long old season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

We have such a slow team. If Cantwell signs instead of a quick winger then it would sum up our mixed up, random recruitment policy of people arguing with one another.

It seems that very realistically, we could end this week with a loan left back, loan keeper and loan Cantwell. Which would still leave us having failed to spend any more money and having failed to address a glaring lack of pace. And it would likely be a long old season.

At least our backup fullbacks are quick. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, Mark Atkins' Bald Patch said:

I think he means we initially offered to buy him, which rangers rejected and offered him on loan to us instead.

a loan would be ideal for cantwell,we can give him back when he starts the s***stirring,i certainly would`nt be blowing the budget on him

• Like 2