BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

how can you offer to buy then offer a loan deal?????

Might be lost in translation but if not we did the same with Mcguire didn't we - get him on a plane then change the goal posts whilst he was over the Atlantic.

At least Cantwell hasn't got as far to travel back if we're pissing about.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We offered to buy and loan him? So we cant even agree amongst ourselves as to what type of deal to do 😂

Sounds like it's up to Rangers to decide whether they want to sell or loan him? Hence the 2 offers in

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We have such a slow team. If Cantwell signs instead of a quick winger then it would sum up our mixed up, random recruitment policy of people arguing with one another.

It seems that very realistically, we could end this week with a loan left back, loan keeper and loan Cantwell. Which would still leave us having failed to spend any more money and having failed to address a glaring lack of pace. And it would likely be a long old season.

Here a thought maybe we will sign a pacey winger before the deadline plus Cantwell? 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So the report is that its going to be yet another loan? Great.

You were for loans last week? What changed? 

I said I dont mind one or two loans as long as we buy a few to go with it.

If it is Cantwell loan, keeper loan and Beck, that would be a terrible transfer window and an absolute shambles considering the lack of money spent.

If it is that then we are really going to struggle this season and beyond. A slow, thin, imbalanced squad and when the end of the season comes, a skeletal squad with loads of money having vanished.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I said I dont mind one or two loans as long as we buy a few to go with it.

We signed 1 player on loan. 

If it is Cantwell loan, keeper loan and Beck, that would be a terrible transfer window and an absolute shambles considering the lack of money spent.

If it is that then we are really going to struggle this season and beyond. A slow, thin, imbalanced squad and when the end of the season comes, a skeletal squad with loads of money having vanished.

Who says that will be it in terms of signings? Just 2 more signings. 

I would move for a keeper on a permanent deal now. Forget loaning a keeper now. We need a permanent signing for this position 

I would pay the fee for Dembele from Birmingham 

Cost? Hes a bloody loan and weve brought in £40m. Its an absolute farce.

Depends what the loan fee they want, wages, etc. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Looks like Rushworth ain't coming here down to the cost involved. Hull is leading the chase.

3 days to bring in keeper. Go and get Drommel in

Cost? For a loan? Surely we knew that the minute we first enquired? 

I'd like Drommel in but I'm sure his club want a sale only  - he's around  £2 million so that isn't happening either.

• Like 1

Lets be honest. We can all see the hallmarks of what will likely be a very poor window where we may well not see another fee paid. Or if we are lucky, one for a slither of the fees received. Its just simply not good enough and anyone defending it is totally bizarre.

Its all getting to the stage of desperation, targets going elsewhere, us scrambling around with the alternatives being inferior and/or not of the correct position/type of player that we need. Infighting with people arguing over who to sign doesnt help.

Is Cantwell meant to be the midfielder we want or the winger? Because we need a central midfielder and a fast winger and he is neither. Just seems like dusting down Broughton's old transfer list regardless of whether the player in question suits what we need.

I bet there is a good chance that we go back for Ruddy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Lets be honest. We can all see the hallmarks of what will likely be a very poor window where we may well not see another fee paid. Or if we are lucky, one for a slither of the fees received. Its just simply not good enough and anyone defending it is totally bizarre.

Its all getting to the stage of desperation, targets going elsewhere, us scrambling around with the alternatives being inferior and/or not of the correct position/type of player that we need. Infighting with people arguing over who to sign doesnt help.

Is Cantwell meant to be the midfielder we want or the winger? Because we need a central midfielder and a fast winger and he is neither. Just seems like dusting down Broughton's old transfer list regardless of whether the player in question suits what we need.

I bet there is a good chance that we go back for Ruddy.

Don’t worry though, “We tried”.

Farce.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Maybe Hull willing to pay bigger loan fee or bigger part of wages 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is Cantwell meant to be the midfielder we want or the winger? Because we need a central midfielder and a fast winger and he is neither. 

he is number 10? Competition for Dolan for that spot 

Still need winger and centre midfielder 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Does anyone think we need another centre back in if we going to play back 3 at times? 

Generally we need a new centre back with pace regardless of the formation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I'd like Drommel in but I'm sure his club want a sale only  - he's around  £2 million so that isn't happening either.

We're quickly heading to the point where Drommel stays in Holland, Travers and Rushworth go on loan elsewhere in the Championship and de Lange goes to Marseille.

That's relegation signed, sealed and delivered right there. You cannot go into the season without a GK - we have 4 non-league Senior GKs on our books right now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

he is number 10? Competition for Dolan for that spot 

Still need winger and centre midfielder 

Sigurdsson is blatantly a #10 too - so we're back to the problem of having 3 #10s all vying for the same spot and the loser being shunted out wide to disappear. 

I'm not against Cantwell, if the deal is right, but it has to be a bonus signing in addition to a Winger and a GK. 

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Neal said:

I don't see Cantwell as the sort of signing we need at all, what does he offer that we don't already have? Another number 10 that I feel won't turn out to be any more effective than Dolan or Sigurdson in that role.

The only thing about Cantwell is, on his day, he'd be the best player in our XI by quite a distance - he just doesn't have many days and he doesn't solve the pace / positional problems we have. 

• Like 1

Cantwell would be the biggest pedigree signing in a decade, can’t see it. 

Agree with poster above, go and get Iverson from Leicester, unused sub tonight in the FA cup. He is available and a quality goalkeeper in this division. This farce with Pears cannot continue. 

Pleased with the Beck loan signing. Cracking player.

Cantwell, Hall, Iverson, Dembele, Germain would be chuffed with that

2 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Eh? We’re buying or loaning?

Nixons wording says we're prepared to buy him, but have offered a loan deal as well. Then goes on to mention him being on a decent salary which as always would be a problem for us.

I can see other teams waiting in the wings for when we fail to sign him.

• Like 2

I really hope we don’t sign Cantwell, he will make Danny Murphy look like a good signing. He’s not had a pre-season and will be miles off it to boot. 

I’m honestly surprised he’s found his way out of Callum McCregors pocket to even get down here to be honest 

I’m surprised we are anywhere near Cantwell to be honest, his wages seem beyond our means to me, but he’s desperate to leave Glasgow by all accounts.

He’s a goal scoring midfield player with a bit of shithousery to his game. But he’s inconsistent and has lost his way somewhat North of the border.

Id be very happy to see him in a Rovers shirt, on his day the best player at the club.

Edited by Gav

2 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’m surprised we are anywhere near Cantwell to be honest, his wages seem beyond our means to me, but he’s desperate to leave Glasgow by all accounts.

He’s a goal scoring midfield player with a bit of shithousery to his game. But he’s inconsistent and has lost his way somewhat North of the border.

Id be very happy to see him in a Rovers shirt, on his day the best player at the club.

He lost his way before going to Scotland.  Bournemouth loaned him from Norwich when Mowbray was still our manager, he did nothing for them in the championship (in a side that ultimately cruised to second place, so should have been ideal for a luxury player) and was dropped from the squad entirely in the last few games of the season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/todd-cantwell/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/332341/plus/0?saison=2021&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

The following season he had a purple patch of about month for Rangers, but has done very little aside from that

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/todd-cantwell/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/332341/plus/0?saison=2022&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

• Like 1