BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, ABBEY said:

100%

The worst part of it for me is that there will still be countless fans defending them should we bring in just loans / a couple for peanuts (More than likely).
‘We can’t compete with X & Y’…‘it’s not a good market right now, January will be different’…‘we’ve had a good start to the season, get behind the lads FFS’.

Edited by G Somerset Rover
  • Like 3

The whole process doesn’t/hasn’t made sense in years and there’s two common denominators venkys/waggott

JE says he wants players in ready to go (I know there’s an international break which allows for 2 weeks) but cantwell hasn’t played in what will be 4 months

Of rumours are to be believed ‘if’ being the word and JE is not signing off on some signings rudy and park had ready to go then he really can’t complain. Germain could be anything but what he would be at a low fee would be another target option up top with match fitness and confidence 

the persistence on dembele is baffling he’s been out of brum squad for a while now so how/why is it still not done or even rumoured to be close?

goalkeeper (biggest priority) travers likely to Burnley rushworth to hull - leaving iversen on the list Elliot had - again no movement which is showing signs of ruddy

there is no hiding place this time around it’s a new recruitment team there’s been a statement last week regarding finances so to me it’s waggott and always has been him

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KentExile said:

He lost his way before going to Scotland.  Bournemouth loaned him from Norwich when Mowbray was still our manager, he did nothing for them in the championship (in a side that ultimately cruised to second place, so should have been ideal for a luxury player) and was dropped from the squad entirely in the last few games of the season.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/todd-cantwell/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/332341/plus/0?saison=2021&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

The following season he had a purple patch of about month for Rangers, but has done very little aside from that

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/todd-cantwell/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/332341/plus/0?saison=2022&verein=&liga=&wettbewerb=&pos=&trainer_id=

I watch Rangers regularly, the lads a good player and would improve this team. But his wages at Rangers are around £25k a week a mark I believe, that seems out of our structure by about £20k!

Edited by Gav

Seeing as we’re running out of keeper options Iverson seems like the only decent one left…His wages won’t be far off Cantwells, no chance we are paying for them both so if it’s either or, we better be telling Cantwell to forget todays meeting.

Keeper is Priority! 

• Like 1

Nixon said "looking at a foreign one that has come out of nowhere" when asked about where we go now for a goalkeeper 

It's absolutely pathetic..40+ million brought in and we were obviously hoping Brighton or Bournemouth would do us a deal on Rushworth or Travers, with us paying a fraction of the wages.Soon as other more ambitious championship clubs enter the race we leave it 

• Like 1

Last night should have been a huge warning as to the weakness of this squad in terms of numbers and quality and the reinforcements needed urgently if we’re not going to end up in another relegation battle 

Eustace knows it and should be laying into Waggott this morning demanding action in the next few days. At least 3 players are needed, “oven ready” as one blond haired idiot said, to play in the Championship 

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon said "looking at a foreign one that has come out of nowhere" when asked about where we go now for a goalkeeper 

It's absolutely pathetic..40+ million brought in and we were obviously hoping Brighton or Bournemouth would do us a deal on Rushworth or Travers, with us paying a fraction of the wages.Soon as other more ambitious championship clubs enter the race we leave it 

Where is this? Doesn’t surprise me. So frustrating how clubs make players available in the last week of the transfer window which makes it a mad rush for everyone.

Would personally prefer a proven championship keeper, like the 3 linked, but hopefully this new one can bring similar form to Kaminski rather than Wahlstedt.

Just now, FE123 said:

Where is this? Doesn’t surprise me. So frustrating how clubs make players available in the last week of the transfer window which makes it a mad rush for everyone.

Would personally prefer a proven championship keeper, like the 3 linked, but hopefully this new one can bring similar form to Kaminski rather than Wahlstedt.

On his patreon

5 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

IMG_0120.png

Finally my Hungarian football knowledge will pay off. Had a good season last year, started the year a bit shakey. Problem with HU football is it's completely dominated by Ferencváros money wise, or by Puskás Academy influence wise (they're backed by the PM), and the other teams seem to play musical chairs each year. Luckily this guy is a Puskás Academy product.

If this is true, it will be VERY hit or miss, but the last guy with Hungarian ancestry we had scored 30+ goals so here's hoping.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

Finally my Hungarian football knowledge will pay off. Had a good season last year, started the year a bit shakey. Problem with HU football is it's completely dominated by Ferencváros money wise, or by Puskás Academy influence wise (they're backed by the PM), and the other teams seem to play musical chairs each year. Luckily this guy is a Puskás Academy product.

If this is true, it will be VERY hit or miss, but the last guy with Hungarian ancestry we had scored 30+ goals so here's hoping.

Nixon confirming the link , talking about £1m !!