BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 hours ago, Mike E said:

On the GK situation, anything less than a purchase is a failure. The ONE position on the pitch that requires stability.

Just fucking buy Iverson or Bentley or Drommel. It’s fucking easy!

Iversen's wages are too high, Bentley is Wolves number 2 there, so he ain't moving. 

Look like a keeper from Hungary?

3 hours ago, Forever Blue said:

Eh? We’re buying or loaning?

We offered to buy him or loan him depending on what Rangers want. I would prefer a permanent 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I’m surprised we are anywhere near Cantwell to be honest, his wages seem beyond our means to me, but he’s desperate to leave Glasgow by all accounts.

He’s a goal scoring midfield player with a bit of shithousery to his game. But he’s inconsistent and has lost his way somewhat North of the border.

Id be very happy to see him in a Rovers shirt, on his day the best player at the club.

Cantwell is a quality player and someone who has lost his way at Rangers, But if we can get him back to best we have a quality player. I was for this transfer when GB wanted to do it a couple of seasons. Park was at Rangers when they signed him there

14 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

Finally my Hungarian football knowledge will pay off. Had a good season last year, started the year a bit shakey. Problem with HU football is it's completely dominated by Ferencváros money wise, or by Puskás Academy influence wise (they're backed by the PM), and the other teams seem to play musical chairs each year. Luckily this guy is a Puskás Academy product.

If this is true, it will be VERY hit or miss, but the last guy with Hungarian ancestry we had scored 30+ goals so here's hoping.

what type of keeper is he? does he command his box? 

We desperately need a solid, proven, reliable Goalkeeper.

I know! Let's sign some random Hungarian chap who's only ever played in the Hungarian League, and could very likely turn out to be even worse than Leo - for a million quid.

Absolutely sick of these stupid assholes.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Iversen's wages are too high, Bentley is Wolves number 2 there, so he ain't moving. 

Look like a keeper from Hungary?

We offered to buy him or loan him depending on what Rangers want. I would prefer a permanent 

Cantwell is a quality player and someone who has lost his way at Rangers, But if we can get him back to best we have a quality player. I was for this transfer when GB wanted to do it a couple of seasons. Park was at Rangers when they signed him there

what type of keeper is he? does he command his box? 

I don't know of any modern day keeper that does command his box tbh.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

We desperately need a solid, proven, reliable Goalkeeper.

I know! Let's sign some random Hungarian chap who's only ever played in the Hungarian League, and could very likely turn out to be even worse than Leo - for a million quid.

Absolutely sick of these stupid assholes.

I see you’re undecided on whether this will be a good signing😉

The Hungarian fella feels more our fit.

By that I mean cheap, unproven and a huge gamble. I don't mean to immediately whinge as we all know the need for a keeper but there have been, what, 4 good keepers available to us in the past 4 weeks and we delay, wring our hands, pretending we're considering paying a reasonable amount of money for a hugely important hire, knowing only too well that the likes of fucking HULL will show more ambition and stump up the cash.

It's all good though, look what our European Scouting Network have found! Some no mark who is of course delighted to come and treble his wages in England after spending the entirety of his career bouncing from The Dog and Duck to Whofuckingknows FC and back again.

Oh, by the way, anyone remember the last untested foreign goalie that we bought instead of making a sensible hire? 

Screenshot_20240828-082534.png

• Like 4

Here’s my theory / guess…budget was set for a keeper, Lb, CM and Winger as reported. Then Cantwell as an additional signing, starts to gather pace and they need to find £15-20k per week to pay him. So they’re currently scrambling to make room by renegotiating wages for potential new signings and switching - forget Rushworth and Travers on PL money…whilst looking if they can offload Vale, Batty etc.

Carnage.

Hope we / they don’t fuck this up! 🤦🏽‍♂️🙏🏽🤞🏽

7 minutes ago, London blue said:

It's all good though, look what our European Scouting Network have found! Some no mark who is of course delighted to come and treble his wages in England after spending the entirety of his career bouncing from The Dog and Duck to Whofuckingknows FC and back again.

Literally a youth player going on loan and then being purchased by his final loan club.

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon is saying Cantwell will meet Rovers tomorrow. We offer to buy him but offered a loan deal. 

Rovers will have juggle their budget to come up with a package for him

Well I hope we drop all the balls / clubs / rings as a player with an attitude issue like Cantwell is NOT the answer.

Edited by Mercer

8 minutes ago, FE123 said:

From a Hungarian journalist that broke the news. A punt, hopefully a smart one.

If he talks, says a few words to the defense, then he is already an upgrade on Pears

• Like 1