BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Iversen's wages are too high, Bentley is Wolves number 2 there, so he ain't moving. 

Look like a keeper from Hungary?

We offered to buy him or loan him depending on what Rangers want. I would prefer a permanent 

Cantwell is a quality player and someone who has lost his way at Rangers, But if we can get him back to best we have a quality player. I was for this transfer when GB wanted to do it a couple of seasons. Park was at Rangers when they signed him there

what type of keeper is he? does he command his box? 

If every single player of any quality has wages above ours.  Then our structure is clearly unrealistic for the level we are at. 

#AskWaggot

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

I estimate that we've cleared at least around £100k/pw in wages off our books in the last 2/3 years.

We've also brought in around £41m from player sales since just last summer - not sure if i've mentioned it.

How on God's green tits are we having to penny pinch on wages and transfer fees? It's absolutely insane, we really are an anomaly.

Crooks the lot of them. These stupid assholes need to finally do the right thing, and kindly remove themselves from our once great Club.

We’ve put our powder in a vacuum sealed container and sent it to a storage facility in Death Valley. 

It will be returned in January. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

We desperately need a solid, proven, reliable Goalkeeper.

I know! Let's sign some random Hungarian chap who's only ever played in the Hungarian League, and could very likely turn out to be even worse than Leo - for a million quid.

Absolutely sick of these stupid assholes.

Toth?

May as well stick Sloth in the nets. At least he's a decent size. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, London blue said:

The Hungarian fella feels more our fit.

By that I mean cheap, unproven and a huge gamble. I don't mean to immediately whinge as we all know the need for a keeper but there have been, what, 4 good keepers available to us in the past 4 weeks and we delay, wring our hands, pretending we're considering paying a reasonable amount of money for a hugely important hire, knowing only too well that the likes of fucking HULL will show more ambition and stump up the cash.

It's all good though, look what our European Scouting Network have found! Some no mark who is of course delighted to come and treble his wages in England after spending the entirety of his career bouncing from The Dog and Duck to Whofuckingknows FC and back again.

Oh, by the way, anyone remember the last untested foreign goalie that we bought instead of making a sensible hire? 

Screenshot_20240828-082534.png

We can't even get him in on a free or loan.  A million quid? Some agent is having a stormer. 

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If every single player of any quality has wages above ours.  Then our structure is clearly unrealistic for the level we are at. 

#AskWaggot

Whist many rightly moaned about Gally being on over £15K/week here, those levels of wages are the minimum starting point for negotiating for "guaranteed & proven" difference makers at this level.  £20K-£25K/week is not beyond the normal scope for these sort of players in the Championship.

Can Rovers as a club sustain 5 or 6 players on over £20K/week?

If the wages are too high for Rushworth and Travers then am happy enough that they have found somebody else as they need to try and stay within wage structure set.(Not high enough for me but cant do anything about it) Let’s hope they can get him signed as would rather have him that Ruddy. 

So Cantwell is a Sammie replacement?

im guessing Park has something to do with us as he was at Rangers?

His talent is undeniable and he will comfortably be the best footballer at the club, now can Eustace get him to play to his capability?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Whist many rightly moaned about Gally being on over £15K/week here, those levels of wages are the minimum starting point for negotiating for "guaranteed & proven" difference makers at this level.  £20K-£25K/week is not beyond the normal scope for these sort of players in the Championship.

Can Rovers as a club sustain 5 or 6 players on over £20K/week?

No, they used to have maybe 2 or 3 which was supplemented by filling the squad with academy kids.

Now with budget cuts we may be allowed ONE marquee earner whilst everyone else is on lower wages and he may already be here called Siggy.

• Like 2