BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

4 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

I get the feeling JE likes Pears anyway, and more so wants a keeper incase he gets injured

We tried for travers and Rushworth. 

They wouldn't have been coming here to be understudy to Pears.

Eustace clearly wants a new number 1

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Here’s my theory / guess…budget was set for a keeper, Lb, CM and Winger as reported. Then Cantwell as an additional signing, starts to gather pace and they need to find £15-20k per week to pay him. So they’re currently scrambling to make room by renegotiating wages for potential new signings and switching - forget Rushworth and Travers on PL money…whilst looking if they can offload Vale, Batty etc.

Carnage.

Hope we / they don’t fuck this up! 🤦🏽‍♂️🙏🏽🤞🏽

I think you might be right. If our objective is championship stability, then the logical decision would be to shelve the Cantwell transfer and spend the money on a proven goalkeeper. The importance of a good keeper trumps all the other deals in my view. De Lange was the keeper who the recruitment team identified. He had excellent pedigree and sell on potential and if you believe the journos he was keen to come to us. Of course we scrimped and saved and Marseille swooped in to sign him. This has really cost us and is the latest in a growing line of recruitment F*** ups. 

• Like 2

The fact that Pears has played in the two League Cup matches is an indication of how desperate we are for another keeper. We are effectively operating with one senior keeper and the desperation is getting greater by the hour. All this prevaricating about wages and fees for potential signings will backfire massively if we carry on penny pinching.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Yeah sorry the 500k figure has come from an ITK which is very respectable, from the rangers side (apparently)

I was just adding detail, £500k might well be the figure Nixon is describing as quite low. 

If he’s worth £40m again in a year or two he might be the bargain of the century!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KentExile said:

Whist many rightly moaned about Gally being on over £15K/week here, those levels of wages are the minimum starting point for negotiating for "guaranteed & proven" difference makers at this level.  £20K-£25K/week is not beyond the normal scope for these sort of players in the Championship.

Can Rovers as a club sustain 5 or 6 players on over £20K/week?

If the club has any kind of ambition, it simply has to.   Doesn't need to be 5 or 6 but room for 2 or 3.  Every club needs a couple of 'top' players.

Probably why most most of our better players have walked  for free over the last few years - as there is no aspirational ceiling at the club. 

We have a production line of low earners via the academy to balance out the other end. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

The fact that Pears has played in the two League Cup matches is an indication of how desperate we are for another keeper. We are effectively operating with one senior keeper and the desperation is getting greater by the hour. All this prevaricating about wages and fees for potential signings will backfire massively if we carry on penny pinching.

Alongside Pears clangers - this is the most worrying part for me. We are one injury away from having to play kids in a key position.

• Like 2

Personally think if we get Tóth, Beck, Cantwell and a winger then our squad is far better than last season.

Both forwards look like they offer more than Gally, Travis back and the experience of Batth and Weimann.

I share the frustration around constantly cutting the playing budget, lies from the board and lack of a proven championship GK despite several being available but for balance I personally think the squad is stronger now than it was at the end of last season.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon has also said on his patron that no personal terms have been agreed with Cantwell.

If we are sticking to a wage structure no chance he comes here. At least 20k per week he will be after 

Fee agreed, everyone knows the price. We can’t agree wages cos we’re tight as cramp. Hull swoop in and sign him. 

We’ve seen this story a few times. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FE123 said:

Personally think if we get Tóth, Beck, Cantwell and a winger then our squad is far better than last season.

Both forwards look like they offer more than Gally, Travis back and the experience of Batth and Weimann.

I share the frustration around constantly cutting the playing budget, lies from the board and lack of a proven championship GK despite several being available but for balance I personally think the squad is stronger now than it was at the end of last season.

You’ve forgotten the 30 goal attacking midfielder that hasn’t been replaced.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

Alongside Pears clangers - this is the most worrying part for me. We are one injury away from having to play kids in a key position.

Our backup keepers aren't even kids any more, they've just never made the grade.

Edited by rob_of_the_rovers
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Nixon is saying Cantwell will meet Rovers tomorrow. We offer to buy him but offered a loan deal. 

Rovers will have juggle their budget to come up with a package for him

Hope we aren't pushing the boat out for him, but he would run laps around Buckley and JRC and might be exactly what we're missing in the pocket.

7 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon has also said on his patron that no personal terms have been agreed with Cantwell.

If we are sticking to a wage structure no chance he comes here. At least 20k per week he will be after 

Personal terms is where we will fall short…I hope everyone has their popcorn ready for when it falls through…

8 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe Hull willing to pay bigger loan fee or bigger part of wages 

he is number 10? Competition for Dolan for that spot 

Still need winger and centre midfielder 

Dolan doesn't need competition, he simply needs to be out the club.

Always looks busy but achieves very, very little.

Will come nowhere, nowhere near replacing Szmodics.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, FE123 said:

Its gone far beyond telling lies now. What games are being played here by Venkys? Imo, they lack ambition, they are useless, and its been a farce since they arrived. Enough is enough. 

Whoooosaaaaaa

Just now, BankEnd Rover said:

Personal terms is where we will fall short…I hope everyone has their popcorn ready for when it falls through…

Yeah waste our time and then decide the numbers don't fit and move on to a prem loan 

This Hungarian could have been done a couple of weeks ago,instead we have waited around for others and then walked away due to costs involved

Again absolutely no clarity behind the scenes, if they know the budget why are we wasting time on players that they won't pay for 

• Like 1

Cantwell has pace, he is not lightening quick but he is certainly quicker most of our squad! I am warming to the signing and he can also play in three or four positions so that will help too. Still need a GK, winger and an additional midfielder 

• Like 2