BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

The issue with Cantwell financially would always be his wages. Rangers want rid so the fee was never likely going to be an issue, so still a lot of jeopardy.

People mention Cantwell and a winger, im not convinced that will be the case even if we can agree terms with Cantwell. Eustace mentioned 4, a full back which we have signed, a keeper (potentially the random Hungarian) and then a midfielder and a winger. Cantwell fits neither of those but he can play wide and certainly isnt going to play/cover where Travis and Tronstad play, where we are short.

42 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Well I hope we drop all the balls / clubs / rings as a player with an attitude issue like Cantwell is NOT the answer.

I don't agree, Get Cantwell playing at his best, we have a good player. 

39 minutes ago, Forever Blue said:

He could be more Kaminski than Leo

he is 26 years old, lets hope he is good enough

38 minutes ago, FE123 said:

So 

Toth

Beck

Cantwell

+ a winger

Would we be happy?

no need centre midfielder and maybe another centre back to we can play 3 at the back

35 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If every single player of any quality has wages above ours.  Then our structure is clearly unrealistic for the level we are at. 

#AskWaggot

Iversen is on 25k so that is above our wage structure, but Iversen isn't going to play at Leicester but he is happy not to be playing at all that's on him

• Like 1

I wonder how much we’ll be offering Cantwell per week? Gally was the rumoured highest earner on £15k a week and Rovers offered Szmodics £22k a week to stay.

I can’t see him wanting less than £15k a week.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Dolan doesn't need competition, he simply needs to be out the club.

Always looks busy but achieves very, very little.

Will come nowhere, nowhere near replacing Szmodics.

You aren't going to replace Szmodics like for like. 

I am big fan of Dolan, and I would offer him a new 4 year contract. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The issue with Cantwell financially would always be his wages. Rangers want rid so the fee was never likely going to be an issue, so still a lot of jeopardy.

People mention Cantwell and a winger, im not convinced that will be the case even if we can agree terms with Cantwell. Eustace mentioned 4, a full back which we have signed, a keeper (potentially the random Hungarian) and then a midfielder and a winger. Cantwell fits neither of those but he can play wide and certainly isnt going to play/cover where Travis and Tronstad play, where we are short.

Eustace said 4 before Szmodics left. 

We need at least another 4 in, keeper, centre midfielder, winger, no 10. 

Would like centre back in aswell. 

2 minutes ago, Polky said:

I wonder how much we’ll be offering Cantwell per week? Gally was the rumoured highest earner on £15k a week and Rovers offered Szmodics £22k a week to stay.

I can’t see him wanting less than £15k a week.

We won't offer any more than £16k a week, that's where we'll fall short.

Burnley would give him what he wants, as would Sunderland, Hull, Sheff United etc.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 1

Smoke screens and daggers, Smoke screens and daggers!

This is Rovers remember,  the club with the most inept upper management in the EFL

Personally I think Maggot gets off on all this? more so with not actually having any connection to the town either

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Chaddys expectations are on the table. 5 more, Cantwell, a winger, a central midfielder, a keeper and a centre back.

Absolutely no chance like, even if its a fair analysis of what we need. But if we fall short, criticism will follow.

I want pacey winger, centre midfielder, keeper, Cantwell. Then a centre back if we can

I thought it was going to go down to deadline day at least if we can get a couple in today or tomorrow they can be registered in time for Saturday. Most likely off the bench and knowing rovers we'll either end up it going down to deadline day or missing out completely .

Cantwell doesn’t have much of a bargaining chip. This is it for him. If he fails with us he is going to the US, League One or Australia. 
Spoke with a Rangers fan last night, he said he was quality but Rangers is not a good place to be right now with a lot of players unhappy. He is singled out. 
He is a bigger unit that I excepted. Happy  with the deal if it’s some 1million. 

• Like 1

Beyond disappointing that it looks like we won't be paying a fee over £1 million again despite all the money being brought in 

This will eventually lead one way and that's down. Paying league one fees and wages and hoping to compete at championship level.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace said 4 before Szmodics left. 

We need at least another 4 in, keeper, centre midfielder, winger, no 10. 

Would like centre back in aswell. 

4 was repeated at the start of the week and Eustace said he would be happy with 4. Prior to Beck signing and well after the sale of Szmodics.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

4 was repeated at the start of the week and Eustace said he would be happy with 4. Prior to Beck signing and well after the sale of Szmodics.

What would be good end of the window for you(your opinion) in terms of player signings? 4 or 5 more signings after Beck? what positions? 

Any players you would like us to sign?  

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not a clue why you would be a 'big fan of Dolan'.

IMO, he thinks he's a big time Charlie and he has little ability with very little end product in terms of either goals or assists.

To give him a 4 year deal would be idiocy - I remember you posting you wanted Mowbray on a 5 year deal and not too long after thought we needed a change!!!

Think Dolan has bee  p1ssing Rovers about too long over his contract and he needs pushing through the exit door whilst we can at least get something for him 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Not a clue why you would be a 'big fan of Dolan'.

IMO, he thinks he's a big time Charlie and he has little ability with very little end product in terms of either goals or assists.

All about opinions, like you thinking Heckingbottom will get PNE into the top 6 which I disagree. That's football. 

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Think Dolan has bee  p1ssing Rovers about roo long over his contract and he needs pushing through the exit door whilst we can at least get something for him 

We would get something even if he left at the end of the season cos of his age

15 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

We won't offer any more than £16k a week, that's where we'll fall short.

Burnley would give him what he wants, as would Sunderland, Hull, Sheff United etc.

I have a feeling another team will come in for him and we’ll be left chasing another youngster on loan.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

What would be good end of the window for you(your opinion) in terms of player signings? 4 or 5 more signings after Beck? what positions? 

Any players you would like us to sign?  

We need the following, all 'oven ready', to improve our dire first 11 - make no mistake, last night showed how poor we really are:

Goalie, right back, centre back, left back, midfielder with creativity, another striker and two wingers who can really drive with the ball.

We are alarmingly thin on both numbers and quality and as things stand, we are going down.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1