BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

We need the following, all 'oven ready', to improve our dire first 11 - make no mistake, last night showed how poor we really are:

Goalie, right back, centre back, left back, midfielder with creativity, another striker and two wingers who can really drive with the ball.

We are alarmingly thin on both numbers and quality and as things stand, we are going down.

Jesus Christ! 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If Cantwell fee really is that low. Another  Champ team will pay him what he wants. 

Like Boro or Sunderland. 

Or he really is radioactive right now and we're his only option.

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

What would be good end of the window for you(your opinion) in terms of player signings? 4 or 5 more signings after Beck? what positions? 

Any players you would like us to sign?  

2 quick wingers, a striker (Ohashi doesnt seem to be an out and out striker), a central midfielder, a goalkeeper (not a random Hungarian that no one has heard of and a left sided centre back.

Say £10m spent on a winger, striker, midfielder and keeper and the central defensive cover and second winger can be loans.

No idea on names.

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

I could put up the start of this season for kaminski in a clip too

would you take him back?

proof will be on the field in our jersey not YouTube and that works both ways for people thinking we’re signing superstars 

YouTube reels picks the best and worst moments of players and we could do that for even the top players 

it’s not a good guide 

This isn't a reel though. It's highlights from a match playing in Conference League for his team. You can easily see that he doesn't command his box and install confidence in his backline. Ainsley is a good enough shot stopper, but everyone playing in the backline is shitty nervous and he doesn't command his box. 

23 minutes ago, Polky said:

I wonder how much we’ll be offering Cantwell per week? Gally was the rumoured highest earner on £15k a week and Rovers offered Szmodics £22k a week to stay.

I can’t see him wanting less than £15k a week.

The main reason Gally was offloaded was because he was highest earner, and the main reason there have  been forces at work trying to get shut of Travis is because he's now the highest earner.

I think there is more chance of pigs flying over Ewood than Rovers under this ownership and management offering Szmodics £22k a week to stay, I think that is a work of fiction either created or at least encouraged by the people employed down there for people to believe we were willing to do that to try to keep our star man but that this wasn't enough, it looks a lot better than the thought of them actively seeking sales of key personnel.

Rovers will be sniffing around Cantwell because he will be desperate to get out of Rangers having requested a move and will want to come back to England. Rovers will be hoping between that desperation a bargain can be found.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Not a clue why you would be a 'big fan of Dolan'.

IMO, he thinks he's a big time Charlie and he has little ability with very little end product in terms of either goals or assists.

To give him a 4 year deal would be idiocy - I remember you posting you wanted Mowbray on a 5 year deal and not too long after thought we needed a change!!!

Think Dolan has bee  p1ssing Rovers about too long over his contract and he needs pushing through the exit door whilst we can at least get something for him 

Only reason to give Dolan a 4-year deal would be to sell him to the highest bidder at the first oppurtunity. So much spinning and turning and almost never plays a simple pass. His passing technique is terrible as well, the only thing he has going for him is his work ethic and once in a while can produce a bit of magic. But his failure rate is extremely high.

43 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Under the current circumstances getting the Hungarian GK, Cantwell and Dembele would be a decent end to the window.

Potentially all 3 could flop. That's where we are----taking a punt eg Televic.

Edited by 47er

Every signing we make either permanent or loan is a punt. That's where this club and the majority of clubs are at. All different varying levels of course. Cantwell if he comes and can play anywhere near the level he is capable of would be an incredible signing. Would walk into most sides at our level and probably a few above us. I'm not getting my hopes up because we've been here before but if there's a chance to get him in we should grab it with both hands.

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We need the following, all 'oven ready', to improve our dire first 11 - make no mistake, last night showed how poor we really are:

Goalie, right back, centre back, left back, midfielder with creativity, another striker and two wingers who can really drive with the ball.

We are alarmingly thin on both numbers and quality and as things stand, we are going down.

We aren't going down!!!

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

The main reason Gally was offloaded was because he was highest earner, and the main reason there have  been forces at work trying to get shut of Travis is because he's now the highest earner.

Gallagher was offloaded cos he wasn't good enough to be our main striker 

Looks like if this Goali comes in it will end the Ryo Germain transfer as he takes up the last visa spot .. They were hoping to fill that role from UK Based players  but they all earn ridiculous amounts even for just sitting on benches……..Unless Siggy goes…..Deal Done with club & Player & visa form filled in …Think he would have been ideal as he holds the ball up & we don’t have anyone apart from Gueye …Mind Bugling ….

• Like 7

If Cantwell wasn't a bad egg, Norwich would welcome him back with open arms. But these are the sort of deals we have to chase - he's a £5m player wrapped in a £500k package solely because of issues not related to his abilities on the pitch. Might be my desperation setting in this...

I don't know the full story with Rangers but seems as if there's a bit of a shake-up there so a lot of players leaving. I don't think Cantwell would've been a good fit with a (for him, too demanding) JDT, but Eustace seems like a good man-manager so would boost Cantwell's ego sufficiently for him not to throw his toys out of the pram. Pretty certain we will get a good year out of him anyway, and hopefully many more.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Looks like if this Goali comes in it will end the Ryo Germain transfer as he takes up the last visa spot .. They were hoping to fill that role from UK Based players  but they all earn ridiculous amounts even for just sitting on benches……..Unless Siggy goes…..Deal Done with club & Player & visa form filled in …Think he would have been ideal as he holds the ball up & we don’t have anyone apart from Gueye …Mind Bugling ….

So the recruitment team have messed up by not finding a GK that doesn’t take up one of the 4 foreign slots. 

Edited by Forever Blue

2 minutes ago, unleaded said:

We can go back to that deal in January. Would imagine Siggy wants to leave in January if he's not starting much. Did himself a disfavour by getting knocked out of the cup last night in that sense.

Just now, Forever Blue said:

So the recruitment team have messed up by not finding a player that doesn’t take up one if the 4 foreign slots. 

No the owners are too tight to pay the going rate for a decent domestic goalkeeper 

The club wanted Rushworth or Travers the measly budget given by the owners won't stretch to paying for them 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Surely still another spot… Gueye qualifies due to number of games in Belgium, 

That leaves Siggy, Ohashi and the GK? Unless Mafoumbi takes up a spot.

Just now, FE123 said:

Surely still another spot… Gueye qualifies due to number of games in Belgium, 

That leaves Siggy, Ohashi and the GK? Unless Mafoumbi takes up a spot.

Mafoumbi will take up a spot surely?

I'm not that clued up on the rules but he is on a professional contract here so I'd presume irrespective of age then he would have to take one of the 4 slots 

7 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Heard anything else mate? Am I (and others) right to assume that there's practically no chance Cantwell ends up here?

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

No the owners are too tight to pay the going rate for a decent domestic goalkeeper 

The club wanted Rushworth or Travers the measly budget given by the owners won't stretch to paying for them 

They can sign from abroad and not require a visa. 

It’s no wonder JE keeps having to go shopping in Birmingham (not that he has, just trying to maintain the narrative!)

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

Potentially all 3 could flop. That's where we are----taking a punt eg Televic.

You can say that about any signing. I don't know much about the keeper but he and particularly the latter 2 have a much higher pedigree than Telalovic (who had played a season in the German third division or wherever it was) and are incomparable.