BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

19 minutes ago, alexanders said:

This isn't a reel though. It's highlights from a match playing in Conference League for his team. You can easily see that he doesn't command his box and install confidence in his backline. Ainsley is a good enough shot stopper, but everyone playing in the backline is shitty nervous and he doesn't command his box. 

I didn’t mean yours specifically was a reel but going off one game

shall I post Luton’s match last week?

• Like 2

Just now, Forever Blue said:

They can sign from abroad and not require a visa. 

It’s no wonder JE keeps having to go shopping in Birmingham (not that he has, just trying to maintain the narrative!)

This goalkeeper has me underwhelmed also but for balance we don't know he will be crap yet so can't judge recruitment yet 

I presume it was recruitment that found De lange,  he wouldn't have required a visa but again the budget wouldn't stretch to paying what it would have taken to bring him here 

Recruitment list...manager list ...it's obvious the budget is shit and we don't pay the going rate .

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We need the following, all 'oven ready', to improve our dire first 11 - make no mistake, last night showed how poor we really are:

Goalie, right back, centre back, left back, midfielder with creativity, another striker and two wingers who can really drive with the ball.

We are alarmingly thin on both numbers and quality and as things stand, we are going down.

I think this is a complete overreaction. We are thin on numbers yes, but we somehow have a stronger bench than last year. We, like many Championship sides, lost vs lower league opposition. It was largely bred out of complacency and whilst some players did themselves no favours, I don't think it totally offsets the otherwise decent start to the season. 

Only 2 weeks ago you were predicting a thumping win at Norwich, who finished in the top 6 last year. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

2 quick wingers, a striker (Ohashi doesnt seem to be an out and out striker), a central midfielder, a goalkeeper (not a random Hungarian that no one has heard of and a left sided centre back.

Say £10m spent on a winger, striker, midfielder and keeper and the central defensive cover and second winger can be loans.

No idea on names.

Thanks for answering the question. 

I don't anything about Balazs Toth apart from he is in the Hungary National team squad and the team he plays he for. 

12 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Looks like if this Goali comes in it will end the Ryo Germain transfer as he takes up the last visa spot .. They were hoping to fill that role from UK Based players  but they all earn ridiculous amounts even for just sitting on benches……..Unless Siggy goes…..Deal Done with club & Player & visa form filled in …Think he would have been ideal as he holds the ball up & we don’t have anyone apart from Gueye …Mind Bugling ….

You are very pro signing Ryo? Can I asked why? 

Just now, smiller14 said:

I think this is a complete overreaction. We are thin on numbers yes, but we somehow have a stronger bench than last year. We, like many Championship sides, lost vs lower league opposition. It was largely bred out of complacency and whilst some players did themselves no favours, I don't think it totally offsets the otherwise decent start to the season. 

Only 2 weeks ago you were predicting a thumping win at Norwich, who finished in the top 6 last year. 

Standard practice. Scroll past him mate…

• Like 4

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

This goalkeeper has me underwhelmed also but for balance we don't know he will be crap yet so can't judge recruitment yet 

I presume it was recruitment that found De lange,  he wouldn't have required a visa but again the budget wouldn't stretch to paying what it would have taken to bring him here 

Recruitment list...manager list ...it's obvious the budget is shit and we don't pay the going rate .

I'd get rid of Siggy as well. Positionally very weak on the left side and leaves so many openings, as was evident last night. He should learn from Weimann about pressing and back-tracking. Must be a nightmare to be a fullback and have little to no help from the midfielder infront of you. Exposing Pickering to those 1on1's who has so little pace as well is tactically very unsound, and why Hedges is a lot better option for the LM position.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't anything about Balazs Toth apart from he is in the Hungary National team squad and the team he plays he for. 

He’s not in the National team squad very often. Mainly on the bench for an occasional friendly if Transfermarkt is correct 

8 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

If the option is there for Siggy to be cleared surely the club would be on it. Another slot could be available. 

I seem to remember something about “duration of contract” being a determining factor. The ESC slot is tied to the contract, you can apply for the work permit with a new deal and if it’s not approved, you can then use the same slot. So we’d have to have offered and had accepted a new deal, which we clearly haven’t managed yet.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, alexanders said:

This isn't a reel though. It's highlights from a match playing in Conference League for his team. You can easily see that he doesn't command his box and install confidence in his backline. Ainsley is a good enough shot stopper, but everyone playing in the backline is shitty nervous and he doesn't command his box. 

A good enough shot stopper for who? Everything goes through Pears.

This lad reminds me of Wahlstedt - he doesn't like crosses either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I seem to remember something about “duration of contract” being a determining factor. The ESC slot is tied to the contract, you can apply for the work permit with a new deal and if it’s not approved, you can then use the same slot. So we’d have to have offered and had accepted a new deal, which we clearly haven’t managed yet.

You can apply for a visa after 12 months of joining a UK club (when you’ve joined as a 1 of the 4 overseas exemptions) 

8 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I'd get rid of Siggy as well. Positionally very weak on the left side and leaves so many openings, as was evident last night. He should learn from Weimann about pressing and back-tracking. Must be a nightmare to be a fullback and have little to no help from the midfielder infront of you. Exposing Pickering to those 1on1's who has so little pace as well is tactically very unsound, and why Hedges is a lot better option for the LM position.

He's a #10.

Just now, Forever Blue said:

You can apply for a visa after 12 months of joining a UK club (when you’ve joined as a 1 of the 4 overseas exemptions) 

In which case he hasn’t done that yet, I assume? Didn’t he only officially sign in January?

3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

A good enough shot stopper for who? Everything goes through Pears.

This lad reminds me of Wahlstedt - he doesn't like crosses either.

Yeah, I started referring to Wahlstedt as Nosferatu the more I saw of him. 

10 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Cost? For a loan? Surely we knew that the minute we first enquired? 

I'd like Drommel in but I'm sure his club want a sale only  - he's around  £2 million so that isn't happening either.

Cost when the owners are billionaires, the CEO has confirmed they can fund the club as they wish, FFP is no excuse due to outgoings.

Something doesn’t quite add up here 🧐🧐🧐🧐

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

In which case he hasn’t done that yet, I assume? Didn’t he only officially sign in January?

Yeah, I was thinking that might be the problem, but he was never on loan to us, we signed him on a free (took over his old contract?) then he signed a new contract in January ‘24 iirc. 

So maybe he now qualifies?

Edited by Forever Blue

7 minutes ago, alexanders said:

image.thumb.png.ed1cfbce5c911eed905005f6f65c64f4.pngHe even looks like Pears.

See the goals Fehervar are conceding. They are copies of what we are conceding today. 

I think he looks decent on the highlights you’ve posted 😂😂 granted I tend not to watch them as they very rarely provide an accurate reflection of players

I would say about half of these were a flop. Taking a punt can be on any player irrespective of the transfer fee. Some of our best players of this century were punts nobody had heard of - Nelsen, Samba. As for Cantwell being a low price as nobody else will sign him due to his attitude - see number 8 on the list. 

Screenshot_20240828-104440.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

Dolan doesn't need competition, he simply needs to be out the club.

Always looks busy but achieves very, very little.

Will come nowhere, nowhere near replacing Szmodics.

Absolutely. We are over stocked with bang average 10s and no proper wide players. 

Only one we have is Hedges and he's hit/miss and injury prone. 

Dolan

Siggy

Weimann

Ohashi 

Gilsenan

Bloxham

All arguably tens. 

IF we sign  Cantwell, I'd have no issues  getting Dolan and Siggy minimum out the door.  Surely there would be some takers. 

Then get 2 quick, genuine wide players in.  Team would be much better for it. 

Still another decent forward short.  Big Mac gets injured and there's nobody to lead the line.  It's not Ohashi's strength.  Then we are down to Leonard/Vale.  

Need a big Nzonzi size centre midfielder and of course a keeper. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks for answering the question. 

You are very pro signing Ryo? Can I asked why? 

Couldn't give a monkey's about Toth being in the Hungariaan National team squad - Leo had gone one better and was a full international and we know all about Leo!!!

Watched the You Tube highlights someone posted and the one thing that stood out to me was how clueless he was on crosses - this signing will be another Leo and leave us with 2 clowns vying for the goalie spot.

From what I've seen with Ryo, would give us flexibility across the front line, naturally left footed, good in the air, can finish and can hold the ball up.  Just wtf is there not to like for a player who would cost relative buttons in fee and wages.  Madness to pass up on an opportunity like this.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Heard anything else mate? Am I (and others) right to assume that there's practically no chance Cantwell ends up here?

Like Nicko said they have him locked in a room today … So it’s up to them to make sure he doesn’t leave without agreeing if their means will stretch that far… problem will be if they don’t & he leaves the room without signing with still long 2/3 days  left …. He’s Quality though …. 

• Like 1