BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, wilsdenrover said:

He signed in June ‘23 so I can’t see an issue with the 12 month qualifying period.

I’m quite often wrong though 😁

He did, but that was related to ripping up of his old contract at Spartak due to Ukraine. Special rules applied so I’m not sure if he is classed as being here for ESC purposes from June 23 or when he signed his new contract in Jan 24

1 minute ago, Forever Blue said:

He did, but that was related to ripping up of his old contract at Spartak due to Ukraine. Special rules applied so I’m not sure if he is classed as being here for ESC purposes from June 23 or when he signed his new contract in Jan 24

I’ll have a quick nosey at the rules and see how it words the qualifying period…

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

That doesn't make it right.

Course it doesn't, it's just an indication of how poor goalkeeping standards are at the moment. It seems you can't watch a match at the moment without a howler from the keeper

1 hour ago, alexanders said:

image.thumb.png.ed1cfbce5c911eed905005f6f65c64f4.pngHe even looks like Pears.

See the goals Fehervar are conceding. They are copies of what we are conceding today. 

For the game against Omonia he was given by far their highest rating (7.9) and made 8 saves. Pretty clear to see that Omonia were the stronger team and were dominant. Context is good in these clips aswell. Not saying this guy will be brilliant but you can’t say he will be good or bad until he wears the kit. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cmkay1999 said:

For the game against Omonia he was given by far their highest rating (7.9) and made 8 saves. Pretty clear to see that Omonia were the stronger team and were dominant. Context is good in these clips aswell. Not saying this guy will be brilliant but you can’t say he will be good or bad until he wears the kit. 

You can’t say, but he doesn’t possess the skills necessary to install confidence in our weak ass defence 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, alexanders said:

You can’t say, but he doesn’t possess the skills necessary to install confidence in our weak ass defence 

How can you possibly come to that conclusion? 

• Like 1

There's a lot of noise around Cantwell. 

I can't help but think people have been asked to put out these details in the hope something 'better' turns up for him. 

Recent history states players we've managed to bring through the door were kept quiet until pretty much done.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

Course it doesn't, it's just an indication of how poor goalkeeping standards are at the moment. It seems you can't watch a match at the moment without a howler from the keeper

I watched a match on Saturday without a goalie error - Lorient v Grenoble.  Lorient keeper pulled off some pretty good saves too. Mind you, the match had it all includind a 1 hr 15 min furst half as the ref took the players off after both sets of fans threw flares and tennis balls onto the pitch in a clearly coordinated protest against Bein sports moving Ligue 2 matches to Fridays. Along with that the Lorient fans were running a separate protest against Fery, their owner. But the keepers played well.

• Like 1

Our search for a keeper is beginning to reek of desperation and will end in another Leo style punt.

It's simple really if you want a decent want you have to spend money, still can't believe they haven't recruited one as back up from a lower league club before now. There must be one out there somewhere.

• Like 4

Hard to see Ashby.He will want to be playing and Newcastle will want him playing. Are we going to bench Brittain?

Plus if Ashby did come in surely Duru will be going out on loan

Why are we not hearing of bids or more likely loan moves for quick wide players 

• Like 1

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, gumboots said:

I watched a match on Saturday without a goalie error - Lorient v Grenoble.  Lorient keeper pulled off some pretty good saves too. Mind you, the match had it all includind a 1 hr 15 min furst half as the ref took the players off after both sets of fans threw flares and tennis balls onto the pitch in a clearly coordinated protest against Bein sports moving Ligue 2 matches to Fridays. Along with that the Lorient fans were running a separate protest against Fery, their owner. But the keepers played well.

Is that Mvogo? I’m sure he was linked on here around the time De Lange was rumoured.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Hard to see Ashby.He will want to be playing and Newcastle will want him playing. Are we going to bench Brittain?

Rule of 3. Probably just thrown our hat in the ring having heard he wants a loan - have no chance of getting him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We're getting Cantwell instead.

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

Unless they see Brittain as playing RW given how poorly he’s started defensively this season. And would save money, which Waggott is aaaaalways a fan of.

• Like 2

Apart from 2 or 3 keepers (who are not coming anyway) I have not been enthused by any of our potential signings.

3 days to sort something out - we will fail, either through incompetence or design.

Fuck off Venkys and Maggot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JHRover said:

The main reason Gally was offloaded was because he was highest earner, and the main reason there have  been forces at work trying to get shut of Travis is because he's now the highest earner.

I think there is more chance of pigs flying over Ewood than Rovers under this ownership and management offering Szmodics £22k a week to stay, I think that is a work of fiction either created or at least encouraged by the people employed down there for people to believe we were willing to do that to try to keep our star man but that this wasn't enough, it looks a lot better than the thought of them actively seeking sales of key personnel.

Rovers will be sniffing around Cantwell because he will be desperate to get out of Rangers having requested a move and will want to come back to England. Rovers will be hoping between that desperation a bargain can be found.

I would say the main reason Gally was off loaded was because he wasn't very good.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He's 3/4th choice there.  They have a proper squad. 

Fits the bill.  Was on loan at Swansea last year but missed half the season with a muscular injury. 

That should make him a cheap loan punt.