BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

2 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Yup I like out of the box signings sometimes .. I wanted Ohashi .. I liked Gueye ….I want Cantwell  Not gonna get excited for the likes of Gallagher & Ruddy & Mcfadz am I ….just saying we could do with another forward with a bit of strength & power upfront as a 9 & he knows how to score ……peace ✌️

Not much to ask for really. Take Gueye out of the equation and we have no other like for like option. Better still no one to lead the line and look comfortable 

The pace & GK issues being sorted is the difference between this being considered a good, average or a bad window imo. Having a quick outlet could be really transformative and much needed legs for the likes of Gueye to find from long balls. 

I've said this many many times now but last night underlined it again... Our defence is shite. It mainly stems from Pears and Hyam. I'm desperate for someone to come in for that carthorse so we can get Hill. 

They're a decent GK & winger away from making this a good window but 0 faith they will get it done. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I would say the main reason Gally was off loaded was because he wasn't very good.

Cost is the motivation at this club under a shady operation like this.

Quality, as we have seen many times, is of little concern to those calling the shots.

If they were interested in quality we'd have long ago addressed the goalkeeping position and wouldn't still be starting Jack Vale in games.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Just the obsession with this one player. I can’t keep up with this website we should sign a striker because he’s cheap and in good form but everyone is having a meltdown over signing a keeper that’s cheap and in from! Let’s be honest none of us know how any of these foreign signings will work out so it’s really not worth over analysing it. We need to address positions and if we do then judge when they’ve played. 

Completely different scenarios. One would be a striker option, likely 2nd or 3rd in line for the sole striker position. The other would be first choice keeper.

7 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

A few rumours we are going back to Liverpool. Would take Gordon and Doak 

Liverpool FC is where Waggott likes to keep his feces laden tongue. So it would make sense.

Edited by Angry_Pirate

On their end... I'm not one to be interested in loans but this one would be unreal. Would certainly sort out our pace issues. HIGHLY UNLIKELY but...

Screenshot_2024-08-28-13-41-51-900_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edited by Neal
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

No chance of Doak, unfortunately!

Would be very happy with Gordon though.

Why would you be very happy with Gordon on loan?

Hardly any first team experience and spent most of last year injured?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neal said:

On their end... I'm not one to be interested in loans but this one would be unreal. Would certainly sort out our pace issues. HIGHLY UNLIKELY but...

Imagine a player of his calibre will get a loan above Championship level... maybe Serie A or Ligue 1.

56 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Ashby would make no sense, we have Brittain at right back and Rankin Costello is best there yet keeps getting put in other positions and struggling.

Feels like we are desperately just trying to get any warm bodies in now.

Eustace won't play JRC there, JDT played him there cos then he could drift into midfielder, under Eustace we don't play that way

We are desperately? Look at the amount of late transfers and possible deals with even some of the biggest clubs in the PL making move they are doing like Liverpool for Chiesa or Chelsea/Utd swap deal with Sterling and Sancho. are they not desperate? 

46 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Completely disagree with you.

Think @unleadedis right.  From what I've seen with Ryo, would give us flexibility across the front line, naturally left footed, good in the air, can finish and can hold the ball up.  Just wtf is there not to like for a player who would cost relative buttons in fee and wages.  Madness to pass up on an opportunity like this.

As for your comment "nobody had ever heard of until we were linked in August", who had heard of either Gueye or Ohashi!?!?!?

How much of Ryo have you seen? 

33 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Yup I like out of the box signings sometimes .. I wanted Ohashi .. I liked Gueye ….I want Cantwell  Not gonna get excited for the likes of Gallagher & Ruddy & Mcfadz am I ….just saying we could do with another forward with a bit of strength & power upfront as a 9 & he knows how to score ……peace ✌️

Can I asked what you like about Ryo so much? I know zero on him apart from the clips on here posted

7 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

A few rumours we are going back to Liverpool. Would take Gordon and Doak 

I would take Ben Doak if we are signing Dembele

3 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Both would be good signings, if Cantwell goes through then it’s goodbye Dembele.

Birmingham are signing another winger Scott Wright so Surely Dembele is available and we should be all over that

3 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Imagine a player of his calibre will get a loan above Championship level... maybe Serie A or Ligue 1.

Oh surely but after Elliot, we have to throw our hat in the ring. They may just want to get him some minutes & keep him close to home till January. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

Harvey come and was a success. Would say similar pedigree at that time and he got more first team football after his loan. Anything could happen, stay close to home as well 

34 minutes ago, Neal said:

The pace & GK issues being sorted is the difference between this being considered a good, average or a bad window imo. Having a quick outlet could be really transformative and much needed legs for the likes of Gueye to find from long balls.

I've said this many many times now but last night underlined it again... Our defence is shite. It mainly stems from Pears and Hyam. I'm desperate for someone to come in for that carthorse so we can get Hill.

They're a decent GK & winger away from making this a good window but 0 faith they will get it done. 

A lot disagreed when I said our defence is shite earlier in the window and that we could do with a CB. Someone said, but we've signed Batth and McFadz.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

Harvey come and was a success. Would say similar pedigree at that time and he got more first team football after his loan. Anything could happen, stay close to home as well 

Doak would be amazing.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Eustace won't play JRC there, JDT played him there cos then he could drift into midfielder, under Eustace we don't play that way

We are desperately? Look at the amount of late transfers and possible deals with even some of the biggest clubs in the PL making move they are doing like Liverpool for Chiesa or Chelsea/Utd swap deal with Sterling and Sancho. are they not desperate? 

How much of Ryo have you seen? 

Can I asked what you like about Ryo so much? I know zero on him apart from the clips on here posted

I would take Ben Doak if we are signing Dembele

Birmingham are signing another winger Scott Wright so Surely Dembele is available and we should be all over that

I never said that Eustace will do that.

I personally think, as do others, that Rankin Costello has had by far his best performances in a Rovers shirt from right back. Not only to specifically drift inside, but he was better defensively there than I expected and he lacks the athleticism to pose a threat further up the pitch. He also struggles in a frantic midfield to be aware of whats around him, hes better moving from deep ie at full back.

He struggled in central midfield last season, and when put back there yesterday he had an absolute nightmare. He also doesnt look well suited to playing wide. 

And yes, desperate if reports are to be believed. Piss poor budget and lots of infighting over which targets we want leaves us with lots to do in little over 48 hours. Weve gone through loads of goalkeeping targets to end up seemingly flying over a random Hungarian. We are desperate for speed out wide yet have seemingly ended up resorting to Todd Cantwell. Ashby if those reports are true also doesnt fit the remit of what we need. Just seems like loads of people having loads of opinions leading to us just trying desperately to get whatever we can over the line.

Doak is exactly the type of loan a championship side should be targeting. Legit straight into the start 11, like when we signed Harvey Elliott. 

Hull had Carvalho last season - imagine it’ll be a club like that with an ounce of ambition who end up with Doak. 

• Like 3