BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

10 minutes ago, Neal said:

11 million for Federico Chiesa whilst Tyler Morton has been linked to Leverkusen for 20 million... Twenty million pounds for Tyler feckin sideways and backwards Morton. 

Have I woken up in an alternative reality? 

Perhaps we did get a fair price for Szmods?

I have no idea what are players worth anymore.

Bonkers. 

Chiesa is an absolute crock tbf. He's a player but he's missed about 80 games through injury in the past 3 seasons

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Much rather we spent some money on perm signings that one season wonder loans 

The best teams in the league always have a few premier league quality loans to compliment their squad. e.g. Hutchinson at Ipswich last season
We, in particular, need to make the most of this because of our ‘financial predicament’.

But yes, we should be reinvesting a chunk of that £40m of course 

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How much of Ryo have you seen? 

Birmingham are signing another winger Scott Wright so Surely Dembele is available and we should be all over that

Ryo - as much as you or anyone else on this MB has seen as with Gueye and Ohashi before they were signed.

It's all opinion but think Dembele might be well left alone - we do not need players with attitude problems who throw toys out the pram if something just doesn't suit.

5 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Ryo - as much as you or anyone else on this MB has seen as with Gueye and Ohashi before they were signed.

It's all opinion but think Dembele might be well left alone - we do not need players with attitude problems who throw toys out the pram if something just doesn't suit.

Yeah, thanks. I think we can probably trust our Head Coach, John Eustace who signed, worked with and managed Dembele, to make that professional call.

Right? 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never said that Eustace will do that.

I personally think, as do others, that Rankin Costello has had by far his best performances in a Rovers shirt from right back. Not only to specifically drift inside, but he was better defensively there than I expected and he lacks the athleticism to pose a threat further up the pitch. He also struggles in a frantic midfield to be aware of whats around him, hes better moving from deep ie at full back. He struggled in central midfield last season, and when put back there yesterday he had an absolute nightmare. He also doesnt look well suited to playing wide. 

He suits playing how JDT wanted to play but would that sorted how Eustace wants to play formation and tactical? also factoring in he has played there 3 times, he has been carrying an injury and it is far too early to judge him playing wide right 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

And yes, desperate if reports are to be believed. Piss poor budget and lots of infighting over which targets we want leaves us with lots to do in little over 48 hours. Weve gone through loads of goalkeeping targets to end up seemingly flying over a random Hungarian. We are desperate for speed out wide yet have seemingly ended up resorting to Todd Cantwell. Ashby if those reports are true also doesnt fit the remit of what we need. Just seems like loads of people having loads of opinions leading to us just trying desperately to get whatever we can over the line.

You will have list after list for each position in terms of cost, perm, loan. You will probably speak to agents and clubs over possible targets finding the transfer fee involve, wages, agent fees. Then you leaks after leaks. I bet we have enquired over a 100 players this summer to find out whether they are interest in moving here, are they available to move, transfer fee/loan fee, players wages and agents fee. 

How do you know that the keeper is random? but he was a list but down the list or on a different list and has just become available late in the window? 

How do you know Cantwell is being sign as winger only? Eustace has spoken about having different options in attacking areas. How do you know we won't sign another winger? 

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Yeah, thanks. I think we can probably trust our Head Coach, John Eustace who signed, worked with and managed Dembele, to make that professional call.

Right? 

How long did Eustace have Dembele for?

It's a fact he has been left out of Birmingham squads both last season and this.

We don't have to agree with the managers opinion,  just because Eustace is a football manager doesn't him right and us wrong.

If Eustace judgement was impeccable he wouldn't be the head coach at a championship club he would be higher up.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Ok thanks for the reply 

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Who says Dembele has an attitude player? Eustace signed him last summer and he started well under him. Maybe trust Eustace judgement on him

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Right? 

1000% correct

31 minutes ago, Neal said:

11 million for Federico Chiesa whilst Tyler Morton has been linked to Leverkusen for 20 million... Twenty million pounds for Tyler feckin sideways and backwards Morton. 

Bonkers. 

That’s more than we got for Wharton !

• Like 5

1 minute ago, islander200 said:

It's a fact he has been left out of Birmingham squads both last season and this.

We don't have to agree with the managers opinion,  just because Eustace is a football manager doesn't him right and us wrong.

If Eustace judgement was impeccable he wouldn't be the head coach at a championship club he would be higher up.

Maybe he does need managing properly like Ferguson did at Peterborough with him? 

5 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Manager fall out 

same as JDT and Travis here doesn’t make Travis a bad player though does it?

• Like 1

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Maybe he does need managing properly like Ferguson did at Peterborough with him? 

There was times he was on the bench for pboro too.

On his day he is good player and a threat but goals and assists  return is poor and at every club he has been at he has spent time on the bench and the clubs end up wanting him away.

How long did Eustace work with Dembele for?Not very long.

35 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I never said that Eustace will do that.

I personally think, as do others, that Rankin Costello has had by far his best performances in a Rovers shirt from right back. Not only to specifically drift inside, but he was better defensively there than I expected and he lacks the athleticism to pose a threat further up the pitch. He also struggles in a frantic midfield to be aware of whats around him, hes better moving from deep ie at full back.

He struggled in central midfield last season, and when put back there yesterday he had an absolute nightmare. He also doesnt look well suited to playing wide. 

And yes, desperate if reports are to be believed. Piss poor budget and lots of infighting over which targets we want leaves us with lots to do in little over 48 hours. Weve gone through loads of goalkeeping targets to end up seemingly flying over a random Hungarian. We are desperate for speed out wide yet have seemingly ended up resorting to Todd Cantwell. Ashby if those reports are true also doesnt fit the remit of what we need. Just seems like loads of people having loads of opinions leading to us just trying desperately to get whatever we can over the line.

The difference is if you’re any sort of a right back, or left back, and you know how to play the position - you’re normally playing facing the play. In midfield it’s totally different, it can be going on around you, it’s an eyes in the back of your head role. See Adam Wharton.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, J*B said:

I haven't seen him personally but the reviews I've heard back say he's not stood out and isn't as good as Igor.

That may be true, but the lad's barely had chance to settle in, he's only v young.

Not aiming this at you but some folk seem to think that if a player hasn't "stood out" within 3-4 games of arriving then they're a dud. I think it's a modern trend in life generally, emanating from the accessibility & immediacy of most forms of media nowadays. But folk have lost the ability to be patient & instead react to things in a knee jerk fashion.

See Szmodics, Pedersen, Tronstad even for good examples of slow burners... 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Neal said:

Bonkers. 

Until people realise football prices aren’t solely based on quality alone then they will never understand the market values

are there a lot of players overpriced absolutely 

but the main factors are

age/ceiling

what experience does the player have

ability 

consistency 

contract length 

it’s not just as simple as saying oh he was good last year he’s worth 20 and he was shite last year he’s worth 5 

1 minute ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Until people realise football prices aren’t solely based on quality alone then they will never understand the market values

but the main factors are

age/ceiling

ability 

consistency 

contract length 

it’s not just as simple as saying oh he was good last year he’s worth 20 and he was shite last year he’s worth 5 

You can add how desperate the financial situation is at the selling club to that list

Just now, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Manager fall out 

same as JDT and Travis here doesn’t make Travis a bad player though does it?

Managers fall out?Both this season and last season he has been left out,different people in charge.

I'd rather we paid money for Dembele than say loan in Gordon...but like someone else on here said I think some are taken in by the couple of decent performances he had against us his goal and assist return poor, ended up out of the squad of a relegated side.He would give us a different dimension to what we currently have but imo we should be looking at better with the money that's come in.

It's the "Trust Eustace" argument I'm calling out he worked with Dembele for a short period, when results where going well 

11 minutes ago, Emerald Isle Rover said:

but the main factors are

age/ceiling

ability 

consistency 

contract length 

No disrespect but I think most of us know that. There are probably a few that don't of course but at the end of the day it comes down to how much club A want the player from club B. Many over pay for what they're getting. 

I don't wish to turn this thread into another discussion but Liverpool are getting a potentially world class player for 11 million and it just highlights how much other clubs are paying for dross footballers. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 1