BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can someone enlighten me as to why Hull can seemingly blow us out the water for every loan/signing?

Hull F'kin City who've won the sum total of F all - ever. 

They have ambitious owners, who actually give a crap.

• Like 9

43 minutes ago, Erased Citizen said:

Chiesa is an absolute crock tbf. He's a player but he's missed about 80 games through injury in the past 3 seasons

The majority of those games were through one ACL injury, he played the same amount of games as Vlahovic last year, 37 games 10 goals 2 assists. He is a steal for 11mil.

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Managers fall out?Both this season and last season he has been left out,different people in charge.

I'd rather we paid money for Dembele than say loan in Gordon...but like someone else on here said I think some are taken in by the couple of decent performances he had against us his goal and assist return poor, ended up out of the squad of a relegated side.He would give us a different dimension to what we currently have but imo we should be looking at better with the money that's come in.

It's the "Trust Eustace" argument I'm calling out he worked with Dembele for a short period, when results where going well 

Some players like the comfort of certain managers it doesn’t work on all players but some seem to like it dack/tm the most recent combo

im not on the let’s get dembele trail myself but with limited time remaining I’d certainly take him and hope Eustace trusts his own ability to bring something out of him

As some have just mentioned, £600k for Cantwell is robbery, what a deal that is for a lad of his experience. 

I still think we struggle with his wages, unless the wage structure has been stretched for him!

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

The last transfer windows have been horrible (including this one). The dumbing down just continues. The squad is severely lacking in depth. The wage budget must be one of the lowest in the division. Massive transfer profits are not reinvested into the squad and we are instead looking at short term signings (loans and cheap old players with no resale value) and cheap gambles. There seems to be no long term plan, it's just cost cutting.

• Like 4

Just now, Emerald Isle Rover said:

Some players like the comfort of certain managers it doesn’t work on all players but some seem to like it dack/tm the most recent combo

im not on the let’s get dembele trail myself but with limited time remaining I’d certainly take him and hope Eustace trusts his own ability to bring something out of him

But what I'm saying Eustace and Dembele didn't work long enough together imo for Eustace opinion to count for much on Dembeles character like Paul Mani was saying in dismissing mercers post

Like I said I'd take Dembele at this stage in preference to an under whelming loan but I'd have major worries over his attitude and to show his ability on a consistent basis. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Yeah, thanks. I think we can probably trust our Head Coach, John Eustace who signed, worked with and managed Dembele, to make that professional call.

Right? 

Really?

If managers make so many right 'professional calls' why are so many sacked for poor signings and results!?

Ask United fans if they thought Ten Hag made the right 'professional call' when signing Antony from his old club for a ridiculous £90million after working with him for 2 or 3 seasons!

I'd back Ten Hag's judgement and ability (given the number of trophy's won as a manager) over Eustace every day of the week.  So even the best managers don't necessarily make the right 'professional calls' let alone the relative novices like Eustace.

Right?

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ricceh said:

The majority of those games were through one ACL injury, he played the same amount of games as Vlahovic last year, 37 games 10 goals 2 assists. He is a steal for 11mil.

Agreed, sure I read he only missed something like 2 games last year 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ok thanks for the reply 

Who says Dembele has an attitude player? Eustace signed him last summer and he started well under him. Maybe trust Eustace judgement on him

1000% correct

See my response to @Paul Mani

• Backroom

If we can somehow pull a loan for Ben Doak off then absolutely fair play. That lad would be different gravy in the Championship and would make us instant playoff contenders. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Really?

If managers make so many right 'professional calls' why are so many sacked for poor signings and results!?

Ask United fans if they thought Ten Hag made the right 'professional call' when signing Antony from his old club for a ridiculous £90million after working with him for 2 or 3 seasons!

I'd back Ten Hag's judgement and ability (given the number of trophy's won as a manager) over Eustace every day of the week.  So even the best managers don't necessarily make the right 'professional calls' let alone the relative novices like Eustace.

Right?

Every signing is a gamble, irrespective of the fee. I used to watch a lot of Italian football back in the day and Juan Veron was an absolute star. When Utd signed him I was really pissed off, I thought he’s exactly what they need. It didn’t turn out that way though, he was a flop.

• Like 1

Not getting too excited by Cantwell, because anything can and usually does happen with us and transfers.

But I think this is as good of a gamble as you can place on a player, especially in our position.

Mentality/personality are why he’s going for so little. Ability is massively ahead of where we are, he is head and shoulders better than the rest of our players, on an ability level. 

Cantwell doesn’t have a lot of pace but he’s the relatively rare breed of player who can beat most people with his feet and brain. You don’t need that much pace when you’re one of those.

FWIW, I don’t actually rate the very little I’ve seen of Ben Doak. Much more qualified people than me would disagree wholeheartedly and I’m very likely wrong, but I don’t fancy it. Seems a bit too lightweight currently and I’m not convinced he’s fully put together enough for the championship. Maybe at a side that expects teams to sit off them a lot where he has more time to think, but I think he’s still yet to get to the level. For comparison, he’s not at Carvalho’s level last season and probably not at Harvey Elliott’s level from his spell with us.

Ben Doak & Todd Cantwell would be an excellent pair of additions. Would reinvigorate our front 4 rotation and be two of the first names on the team sheet. 

Would allow Yuki, Gueye, Sigurdsson, Dolan and Hedges to battle it out elsewhere. 7 players for 4 spots is ideal. Plus allows JRC (option #8) the freedom to move to RB or CM at a pinch when needed. Though his form right now is very troublesome.

Pickering and Brittain are option A at LB/RB, so a (cheap) backup LB in Owen Beck - who is by all accounts ahead of Gent - is fine. Duru looks worthy of keeping around the squad vs a cheap EPL loan.

PLEASE just get Aynsley Pears out of this team. Must be 17,000 goalkeepers who could displace him based on ability.

Another CM would be a bonus. Tronstad, Buckley, JRC and Travis isn't enough.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 2