BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

7 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Every signing is a gamble, irrespective of the fee. I used to watch a lot of Italian football back in the day and Juan Veron was an absolute star. When Utd signed him I was really pissed off, I thought he’s exactly what they need. It didn’t turn out that way though, he was a flop.

Arse end of his career but Dino Baggio was disappointing in his short spell with us.  Throw in Grabbi and the Italian league is one to avoid! 

19 minutes ago, Inferi said:

The last transfer windows have been horrible (including this one). The dumbing down just continues. The squad is severely lacking in depth. The wage budget must be one of the lowest in the division. Massive transfer profits are not reinvested into the squad and we are instead looking at short term signings (loans and cheap old players with no resale value) and cheap gambles. There seems to be no long term plan, it's just cost cutting.

I think any "enthusiasm" Venkys had for Rovers is completely gone. After the criminal case arrived the willingness to fund the club has deflated.

• Like 1

I lot of scepticism about Doak but I think it makes a lot of sense personally.

The lads young and hasn't really had an extended run of games anywhere.

He needs to go somewhere he is guaranteed to start and be the focus of the side, he'd get that here but wouldnt necessarily get that develolment. He's close enough to Liverpool physically that it's not that much of a culture shock, will likely not have to move.

They're close to signing chiesa so his game time is going to be even more limited.

We should be hammering them with the Harvey elliot story as a year here did very well for his development. 

The issue is will a better resourced championship team offer to pay more of his wages and get ahead of us. It seems to happen on every other transfer. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Really?

If managers make so many right 'professional calls' why are so many sacked for poor signings and results!?

Ask United fans if they thought Ten Hag made the right 'professional call' when signing Antony from his old club for a ridiculous £90million after working with him for 2 or 3 seasons!

I'd back Ten Hag's judgement and ability (given the number of trophy's won as a manager) over Eustace every day of the week.  So even the best managers don't necessarily make the right 'professional calls' let alone the relative novices like Eustace.

Right?

I can safely say John Eustace knows more about football than you.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

I lot of scepticism about Doak but I think it makes a lot of sense personally.

I don't think we will have to worry about Doak, someone with much more ambition will get him,

• Like 2

4 hours ago, alexanders said:

image.thumb.png.ed1cfbce5c911eed905005f6f65c64f4.pngHe even looks like Pears.

See the goals Fehervar are conceding. They are copies of what we are conceding today. 

He even looks like Pears lol 

19 minutes ago, Inferi said:

The last transfer windows have been horrible (including this one). The dumbing down just continues. The squad is severely lacking in depth. The wage budget must be one of the lowest in the division. Massive transfer profits are not reinvested into the squad and we are instead looking at short term signings (loans and cheap old players with no resale value) and cheap gambles. There seems to be no long term plan, it's just cost cutting.

I think any "enthusiasm" Venkys had for Rovers is completely gone. After the criminal case arrived the willingness to fund the club has deflated.

36 minutes ago, JHRover said:

2 days to go

At least 4 signings required

No restrictions on the owners 

No FFP problems

£15 million cash brought in this summer alone to put to use

Should be in a strong position but thanks to Venkys and Waggott we remain in a weak position unable to even sign a goalkeeper despite knowing it could easily save us 10+ points.

Venkys and Waggott: undermining, damaging, weakening our position each and every time.

We are actually or at least should be in a far stronger financial position than last time there was a fire sale because there were still people on the books from Keans time and after.

It took a fire sale, relegation and financial audit plus a few 30 mill plus owner share issues to sort that out, how many years ago now ?

So surely this time with the slashed wage bill in recent years and all the sales squaring off FFP we are in a great position to finally rebuild ?

Oh wait......the owners won't/can't fund it so the chief penny pincher and his shadow boss are just preparing future ground for 80% of transfer income paying running costs.

And some STILL don't want to see the back of this lot !

Edited by tomphil

5 minutes ago, Rover1984 said:

LT are really bad on reporting Rovers. When was the last time we had a decent reporter who chased news and asked decent questions

Jackson probably has a line to the club and its officials, but it comes across as the be all and end all as far as transfer news goes. Perhaps it's an unfair assumption to put upon him given that he's unlikely to dispute it, but the names linked with us are usually put forward by other sources.

It'll come down to who you know. Nixon, like him or not, probably has a huge network of sources, including agents and their contacts. The majority of names talked about on here originate from Nixon or foreign articles rather than the local reporter.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Scoobydo said:

Cantwell meeting with Matt Wright and Waggot finished up recently. Had an offer from Las Palmas also 

That's that one then if true, next!

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

They never had any in the first place .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scoobydo said:

Cantwell meeting with Matt Wright and Waggot finished up recently. Had an offer from Las Palmas also 

As someone else mentioned. Hope our sales of Armstrong, Wharton, Sammie gives Cantwell a picture of what he can achieve at Rovers