BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Summer Transfer Window (Press Submit)

If it was Rushworth or Travers coming in on loan then you could be certain they would be taking on the number one spot ASAP as they ain't being loaned to be number 2, the worry with this guy is will he have to get used to things over here before we see him...Will he be number one or two 

Goalkeeper is our most important signing now they need to get it right 

I'm concerned we ain't seeing any links to pacey widemen .Cantwell for the fee touted is a good signing in isolation but other areas and pace is more pressing 

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Who else doesn't believe Cantwell will get done? 

Once the realisation of how much it will cost in wages, Waggot will piss his pants. 

Will believe it when I see it - O'Brien and Maguire were "marquee" signings and look how they turned out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Neal said:

Once the realisation of how much it will cost in wages, Waggot will piss his pants. 

Yep. I'm convinced it doesn't happen.

Very easy to "agree" a deal.

Let's see if he actually signs.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dallydally said:

This Cantwell transfer has all the hallmarks of the O'Brien and Maguire failures

Will believe it when I see it!

lol. They haven’t done the official announcement yet. Not that it meant anything for Mag

Remain dubious until it gets completed.
Suspected it was his agent using us for a better move.

But Cantwell would be a great signing. Fair fucks if it happens.

That said, irrespective of what happens with him, if we don't sign a proper GK before the window closes, it's been a disaster of a transfer window and we'll struggle again this season.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

I don’t think it will get done. Despite the low fee, it’s a significant outlay, he’ll be earning well above everyone else at the club.

Waggott will be fuming. Him and Suhail will do their upmost to kibosh the deal. Prepare for the “u-turn” tweets to start being dropped in before the club blame the player or his representatives.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neal said:

If anyone is confident it’s going to get sorted then you haven’t been around for the past 2 years.

Any update on when the medical is? We should be looking to get most parts done tonight.

I’m expecting to wake up tomorrow to hear that it’s fallen through.

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not a chance of bringing in 5 more, that is for sure.

why? 

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It takes the Dembele deal off the table I reckon. 

why is it? 

17 minutes ago, FE123 said:

I don’t think it will get done. Despite the low fee, it’s a significant outlay, he’ll be earning well above everyone else at the club.

Waggott will be fuming. Him and Suhail will do their upmost to kibosh the deal. Prepare for the “u-turn” tweets to start being dropped in before the club blame the player or his representatives.

Nixon has side Cantwell has taken a small drop but Rovers are paying him big wages to come here

Isn’t it rediculous that we can’t trust the club to get a transfer over the line. Weather it’s incompetence or sabotage they always find a way to screw up. Until any player is actually saying that he is a rovers player it’s pure fantasy 

I’d be very skeptical over putting him on massive wages. I appreciate literally everyone rovers sign these days will have a huge question mark over them. Are they untested at this standard, are they too old/too young, are they injury prone, etc, etc.

My concern is what’s this lads motivation. Why on earth would anyone leave rangers to play at a basket case championship club more likely to go down than go up. Is he a difficult character and they want rid. What’s wrong with him.

I watch a bit of rangers and Celtic as they’re always on the bloody tele. I can actually remember this lad probably the first one in about a decade I’ve not had to google but from what I can recall I wouldn’t break the bank 

10 minutes ago, matt83 said:

I’d be very skeptical over putting him on massive wages. I appreciate literally everyone rovers sign these days will have a huge question mark over them. Are they untested at this standard, are they too old/too young, are they injury prone, etc, etc.

My concern is what’s this lads motivation. Why on earth would anyone leave rangers to play at a basket case championship club more likely to go down than go up. Is he a difficult character and they want rid. What’s wrong with him.

I watch a bit of rangers and Celtic as they’re always on the bloody tele. I can actually remember this lad probably the first one in about a decade I’ve not had to google but from what I can recall I wouldn’t break the bank 

Iv massive reservations over his character and won’t shy from that it really doesn’t read well

but for 600k on ability alone it’s a no brainer if and I know ‘if’ is the big word here he shows glimpses of what he can do for 600k it’s a bargain 

8 minutes ago, matt83 said:

A quick YouTube of Todd Cantwell and you can see shorts of him saying he has thought about quitting football altogether. Calling Chris Sutton an attention seeker and saying he felt unappreciated (I think that was the right word) at Norwich. He's a talented player. Actually more robust than I gave him credit for. It's a name and a bit of a coup on paper. But I have got an alarm sounding deep inside my addled brain. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t get that,sammie never stops moving,cantwell is the polar opposite,talented player but you ar`nt getting the yards out of him

No comparison. Sammi’s probably got less ability but he’s got twice the work rate and the willingness to get into the box. Cantwell will never get 25 plus goals in this league if he lives to be a thousand. He’s more of a Dack style player.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5

If Cantwell doesn't have medical today then signing not happening.

With only 2 days left of window, you process the signings as quickly as possible not only to keep the decks clear for the next one but to stop any possible hijacking of player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pick32 said:

I’m not believing anything until they are in a match day squad 

I won't believe it until a few days after his first game, and the EFL send notification we've fielded an ineligible player 

• Like 2